This Week in Bungie Lies - 12/07/2019 (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 09:13 (1599 days ago)
edited by Korny, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 09:16

Despite Cozmo acknowledging on multiple separate occasions that it was a bug that they claimed to be working on, Dmg04 has declared that Xur will not be getting random rolls on exotic armor, and that it was the plan all along the whole time!

"Xur will not feature random rolls in Season of Dawn. Sorry for the news, but want to set expectations now.

Direct purchase exotic armor will continue to feature collection rolls. Think of this as an avenue for players who have not earned those exotics to check off the box and play around with the perk.

Xur will have the updated Exotic Engram, so once you've collected all weapons, you'll be getting a randomly rolled exotic armor piece each week. Further random roll acquisition will continue to be available through the Nightfall: Ordeal.

We'll continue to collect feedback over Xur and exotic random rolls as it comes in. I have no doubts we'll see players getting some killer rolls from the engram next week, but others continuing their search for the perfect roll."

Kind of a bummer. Xur's been an issue for Bungie the entirety of D2, despite them having him pretty well figured out back in D1, but those random rolls definitely helped encourage players to visit him every week. Ah well, at least They're Listening and passing the feedback on to the team.

This Week in Bungie Lies - 12/07/2019

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 10:03 (1599 days ago) @ Korny

Is that the whole statement?

Nothing in that implies that they’re pushing this as having been the plan the whole time, just that they are now adjusting expectations going forward.

That doesn't sound like a lie to me

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, December 09, 2019, 07:16 (1597 days ago) @ Korny

They didn't say it was the plan all along unless you left parts out. They said they wanted to set expectations going forward for how Xur will behave.. (ie they probably decided it wasn't worth fixing the "bug")

Infinitely More Interesting: Eververse Transparency

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 12:52 (1596 days ago) @ Korny

Good work Bungie. Genuinely.

Now just let us know if the Silver-only items will ever become available for BD.

And then stop selling them for Silver ;)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 13:02 (1596 days ago) @ someotherguy

Now just let us know if the Silver-only items will ever become available for BD.

Bright Dust is pretty hard to earn in any real quantities these days. :(

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 13:48 (1596 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Bright Dust is pretty hard to earn in any real quantities these days. :(

Oh you don't say! The thing that lets you not pay is hard to earn? Who would have thought?!

4140 Bright Dust across 3 characters . . .

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 16:33 (1596 days ago) @ Claude Errera

. . . If you do the Ritual Weeklies and 6 Repeatables for the weekly challenge.

Albeit you can only hold 5 of those at a time. Early on last season I was doing more repeatable bounties and was netting in the ballpark of 4500BD/week. Thankfully the weekly-only will jump from 3600 to 4800 during the month of The Dawning.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 10:48 (1595 days ago) @ Harmanimus

. . . If you do the Ritual Weeklies and 6 Repeatables for the weekly challenge.

Albeit you can only hold 5 of those at a time. Early on last season I was doing more repeatable bounties and was netting in the ballpark of 4500BD/week. Thankfully the weekly-only will jump from 3600 to 4800 during the month of The Dawning.

Huh. I was doing all the weeklies; I guess i was skipping the repeatables? I was netting half of what you were netting. (At best.) I missed a couple of armor pieces because just to cover the armor is 3600/week.

Which weeklies give BD?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:51 (1595 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Crucibke and Vanguard x3 chars comes out at 2400 already. Do gunsmith and gambit also gove BD?

Still not sure its enough to buy everything but its not completely terrible.

The repeatables aren't really worth the time given how little you get, but whatever makes you happy.

My typo game is strong today :/

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:51 (1595 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Which weeklies give BD?

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:55 (1595 days ago) @ someotherguy

Crucible, Vanguard, and Gambit weeklies give 200. 6/character. Repeatables give you 10/bounty. You can hold 5 at a time but you can do an infinite number of them so long as you have the glimmer. It is suggestible to top them out for whatever activities you are doing. Anecdotally it’s faster gains than the old EV Bounties were.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:58 (1595 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I started being more particular about what I pick up based on what I might actually use. I have been going down overall since Y3 started. I had a whole lot of Bright Dust leading up to Solstice this summer. But it is definitely hard to keep up unless you do a lot of repeatable bounties. Does lead to tower visits every other match though if you are trying to maximize.

You know what's the most trasnparent?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 14:46 (1596 days ago) @ someotherguy

Something that isn't even there…

It's trasn, then...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 14:53 (1596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread