Pathfinder Game! *OT* (Recruitment)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, October 21, 2013, 23:51 (3838 days ago)
edited by Chewbaccawakka, Monday, October 21, 2013, 23:58

Hey so recently Beorn mentioned about how great it would be to get into a table-top RPG. I suggested Pathfinder because it's the game I've been playing for the past year and it has the distinction of having a "virtual table top" in the form of Paizo.com (so you can play across the magic of the INTERNET)

As we discussed we were struck with the (brilliant) idea to play a beginners game with a small group of DBOers! So this thread is born to gauge interest for said game.

I've been playing for a little over a year as I said, and I'd love to play in this game, Beorn is interested to play, so that leaves two or three slots open for PCs and a slot for the DM.

I could DM, but I'm not super experienced with the role (see what I did there?), and in any case I'd love it if a more veteran player wanted the slot.

But I CAN help with the actual usage of the Paizo website, it's not super intuitive though once you get used to it it functions as designed.

tl;dr

DBO SHOULD PLAY A PATHFINDER GAME TOGETHER.

BEORN AND I WANT TO PLAY.

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY.

POST HERE TO SHOW YOUR INTEREST.

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Hyokin, New York, Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 12:35 (3837 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY.

I have more experience playing and DMing 4th Edition though. I'd prefer to play rather than DM. :)

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 12:38 (3837 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Sounds interesting.

INTEREST PIKED

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 20:16 (3837 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 18:03 (3836 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Damn, this really tickles my fancy, though time zones would be all out of whack for me. I'll be interested to read about the sessions once things do take off!

Also, to anyone who may be unsure whether they should try this stuff out... you really ought to try this stuff out. Such good fun!

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:04 (3836 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Also, to anyone who may be unsure whether they should try this stuff out... you really ought to try this stuff out. Such good fun!

I'm excited to check it out! I've never played any RPG/tabletop games before and was going to hit up a D&D Encounters session tonight before I got waylaid by work. Next week, I guess!

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 03:35 (3836 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm excited to check it out! I've never played any RPG/tabletop games before and was going to hit up a D&D Encounters session tonight before I got waylaid by work. Next week, I guess!

Ahh, you absolutely must go! Not that I've been myself haha, though I've always wanted to. I've been running home games for a good 3-4 years and I think Encounters or expo games would have really been a good way to learn (I want to get to PAX so bad...)

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 21:07 (3836 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Damn, this really tickles my fancy, though time zones would be all out of whack for me. I'll be interested to read about the sessions once things do take off!

If different time zones is you're only issue then take heart brother/sister!
The format and particulars of playing a "play by post" game is that you can post to the boards at anytime of day. Most "fast" games have players posting once or more a day from wherever they are in the world. I'm playing an expanded game with folks from Europe, United States West Coast, US East Coast, and a guy out in Japan.

If there's other stuff, no pressure, but if time zones was the only problem, consider joining!

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 03:24 (3836 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

If different time zones is you're only issue then take heart brother/sister!
The format and particulars of playing a "play by post" game is that you can post to the boards at anytime of day. Most "fast" games have players posting once or more a day from wherever they are in the world. I'm playing an expanded game with folks from Europe, United States West Coast, US East Coast, and a guy out in Japan.

If there's other stuff, no pressure, but if time zones was the only problem, consider joining!

Whoops! I figured it'd be a live game over webcam etc, my bad! I read this all while very tired haha.

Anyway, this means I'm super interested. There is no obstacle now!

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 21:07 (3836 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I have interest. I have always wanted to be a DM but have never known anyone to play/learn these games with.

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 22:58 (3836 days ago) @ Leviathan

I have interest. I have always wanted to be a DM but have never known anyone to play/learn these games with.

Heh, I'm in the same boat. :)

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:41 (3835 days ago) @ Beorn

Heh, I'm in the same boat. :)

Me, three.

I'm interested!

by Quirel, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:29 (3835 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:21 (3835 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Well, it sounds like we've got a party (and some)!

So far it sounds like these folks have interest:

• Chewbaccawakka
  • Hyokin
  • Ragashingo
  • ZackDark
  • SigbiasSilva
  • Beorn
  • Leviathan
  • Kermit
  • Quirel

This seems like enough to get two whole games going, right? I don't know how one goes around finding a DM; I've always wanted to try my hand at DMing, but I should get a few games under my belt first. ;)

I think the ball is in your court, Chewbaccawakka! How do we start? What do we need to bring? Should we set up a different comm channel to organize all of this?

Pathfinder Game! *OT*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:02 (3835 days ago) @ Beorn

Sweet! Yeah there looks like there should be enough for two games. First thing everyone who wants to play should do is go to create an account at the Paizo website. There's no cost to set up an account for their forums, you just need the usual email and what not.

Once there, send me a message through the PM system. My general avatar name there is Chewbaccawakka. Tell me who you are and if you have any questions I should be able to find the answers for you there.

This website is what we'll use in lieu of buying all the rule books. Feel free to browse to your hearts content! As you may already know, Pathfinder (and D&D before it) has A LOT of rules. The good news is many of these rules you won't encounter for a while. The basic premise is simple though, role dice, have fun.

I'll look into setting up a discussion board on the paizo site, and I'll link you to it when I hear from you there.

This is going to be fun! I look forward to hearing from all of you!

PS: If for whatever reason stuff isn't working, feel free to email me at: the.king.under.the.mountain at hotmail dot com

Pathfinder Game! ALSO *OT*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:28 (3835 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

If you want a visual idea of how to play via the PBP method. Here's a game I've been playing for a while now. I play the spy Anga Facion.

Be warned this is a rated M for Mature campaign and it can get kinda dark at points (think Game of Thronesish). Also its an EEEEVILLLL campaign in which my party is playing bad guys. So if you read it, keep that in mind.

Levi, Kermit, and Hyokin

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 14:47 (3833 days ago) @ Beorn

You guys still interested in playing? We've got a forum board set up here. Just been waiting to see if y'all'd pop in.

If not just let us know. :)

Levi, Kermit, and Hyokin

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 15:17 (3833 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Think of me next time. I've got way too much going on the rest of the year.

Levi, Kermit, and Hyokin

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 15:27 (3833 days ago) @ Kermit

Think of me next time. I've got way too much going on the rest of the year.

Levi said he's crazy busy moving, but he'll join in the next round.

Discussion moving…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 14:46 (3835 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

We're moving the discussion over to the "DBO Assemble!" thread on Paizo. Come and join us! :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread