The Crow (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 13:37 (1598 days ago)

"The Dawning welcomes everyone." —Eva Levante

For the last three weeks, the Guardian has been camping in a rusted-out shipping container, far off the main pathways that are always buzzing with Sparrows. He stays out of the way of other Guardians, and if he can't do that, he keeps his helmet on. Always.

All he has to his name is some beat up gear, a ring, and a silk sheet. Those are the things he woke up with. He wears the ring on a chain and keeps the sheet as a comforting reminder of something he can't remember. Sometimes he wears it draped over his shoulder. The fabric is so fine that it makes him think about the place he must've come from before this life, and how much nicer it is than where he is now.

He spends his days alone. Other Guardians are an unpredictable source of pain and confusion, and they see him the same way. Some react to him with outright hostility. Others are overcome by some personal and unexplained grief. He doesn't know why. That was the most painful lesson of being reborn: It's better to be alone. So he's always alone now, except for his Ghost.

One night, he sits with his head against his knees and listens to the distant snaps of gunfire. He hasn't seen anyone in about a week, but he can hear them. Somehow that makes the loneliness worse. More potent.

"Did you know," his Ghost says, bright but gentle. The purple glint of his shell reflects the half-light outside the crate. "That in the Last City, they are celebrating? They call it the Dawning. It is a celebration of friendship and hope and warmth."

The Guardian keeps his eyes closed and forces down his bitterness. The silence lingers between them, heavy and filled with unsaid things, until his Ghost gently bumps his shoulder. "To feel good, they say to each other: Happy Dawning."

Still, the Guardian says nothing, and his own silence makes him sick with himself. His Ghost has never doubted him. Never doubted anyone, really. He is a well of relentless optimism. And as infuriating as that is, it's also heartbreaking, and comforting, and a relief. The Guardian is not going to be the one to disappoint him.

There's been too much disappointment in this life already.

"Happy Dawning," he says.

-Ishtar link-

Great stuff.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 13:47 (1598 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Crackpot Talk Ahoy!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 14:55 (1598 days ago) @ Korny

So I assume this is in reference to Uldren.

Do you think he is actually on a map somewhere? Maybe not approachable but seen through a sniper scope occasionally?

Is he going to join us during the dawning?

Is he going to be the first "dark" Guardian? Destiny needs an antichrist character. Ghaul thought it was him but nope. Would Uldren fill that role? With him have the power of light and also the pyramids coming. With all the nightmares on the moon, Uldren could be the leader of a pretty strong dark army. New leader of the Taken. Oof. He brings Dredgen Yor back somehow.

Don't forget that Zavala, Ikora, Drifter and Rasputin have unanswered story lines going on too.

Prediction: Uldren has Light power but finds the pyramid in the moon, and also gains power of Darkness making him the most powerful Guardian in the galaxy.

Prediction: Uldren becomes the final beacon guiding the pyramids back to Earth to be their spearhead.

Prediction: It turns out that Rasputin is a "Halo-esque" type weapon that basically destroys everything somehow. That's why it's never activated during all these alien invasions and Traveler awakening.

Prediction: During the final battle against Uldren and the dark on one front, and the Vex on another front, Vanguard and Fallen band together on Earth to make a "last stand." But then Rasputin destroys the Traveler seeing it as the source of all burden against humanity.

Prediction: The Darkness will overwhelm Earth.

Prediction: Using Vex technology, humanity escapes to a different timeline where we are forced to rebuild our civilization.

Crackpot Talk Ahoy!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 17:30 (1598 days ago) @ ManKitten

Funny, I got a "definitely going to be redeemed" vibe from that lore piece

Crackpot Talk Ahoy!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 07:29 (1597 days ago) @ ZackDark

Same. I would find it very unsatisfying if Uldren just became a bad guy again.

Again?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:23 (1597 days ago) @ breitzen

I don't think he was ever a bad guy. A condescending, stuck-up tool; sure. But not actually evil. And his prevailing character traits simply made him easier to manipulate. Still requiring some kind of redemption arc to be a sympathetic character, which I agree leaves us on some pretty fertile ground, as far as world-building and storytelling goes.

There will never be a redemption arc for Uldren.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:46 (1597 days ago) @ Malagate

I don't think he was ever a bad guy. A condescending, stuck-up tool; sure. But not actually evil. And his prevailing character traits simply made him easier to manipulate. Still requiring some kind of redemption arc to be a sympathetic character, which I agree leaves us on some pretty fertile ground, as far as world-building and storytelling goes.

Uldren is dead. The Guardian that inhabits his corpse is a completely different person. Sure, his perspective is shaped by the way people treat him (and it's clearly not a positive experience), but this Lore piece highlights his character, as someone who is inherently good, who cares about his Ghost's feelings, and who wants to do something nice.

No matter how the story moves forward (assuming it ever does at all), he is a new character. Just one who will have to overcome a special (and personal to us) amount of prejudice and unwarranted hatred.

I'd love for Bungie's actual writing team to handle something like that well.

Imagine if they made him a playable character in a spinoff that pits you against Guardians on your way to the City or something, working your way up to Hunter Vanguard, Similar to Aloy's Hunting Lodge journey in HZD.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:42 (1597 days ago) @ Korny

Uldren is dead. The Guardian that inhabits his corpse is a completely different person. Sure, his perspective is shaped by the way people treat him (and it's clearly not a positive experience), but this Lore piece highlights his character, as someone who is inherently good, who cares about his Ghost's feelings, and who wants to do something nice.

I dunno man. It's a story we've seen many times. The kind/weak character who wants to be a hero but is outcast and shunned. Then finds open arms with a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before he even realizes it, he has everything he ever wanted. Acceptance, power, authority, respect...just on the wrong side of the battle.

He then goes down a self destructive path of resentment, confusion and identity crisis.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:54 (1597 days ago) @ ManKitten

I dunno man. It's a story we've seen many times. The kind/weak character who wants to be a hero but is outcast and shunned. Then finds open arms with a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before he even realizes it, he has everything he ever wanted. Acceptance, power, authority, respect...just on the wrong side of the battle.

He then goes down a self destructive path of resentment, confusion and identity crisis.

Isn't that literally what happened? He was always second fiddle to Mara, was generally disliked by his grumpy disposition, goes on a quest when Mara is gone, is tricked by Riven/Savathun, becomes king of the Scorched, then pays for those crimes.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 12, 2019, 06:14 (1596 days ago) @ breitzen

Isn't that literally what happened? He was always second fiddle to Mara, was generally disliked by his grumpy disposition, goes on a quest when Mara is gone, is tricked by Riven/Savathun, becomes king of the Scorched, then pays for those crimes.

Pretty much. He has always been a puppet. It's time for his character to finally make a true rise with actual power. I can't believe they are building his character just to become another vendor.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 06:30 (1596 days ago) @ ManKitten

I can't believe they are building his character just to become another vendor.

Have you played Destiny before? (:

It seems like exactly what they would do.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 08:06 (1596 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 08:10

It does. But I will say this:

Based on the mission I played last night, they're already handling Saint 14's character better than any other NPC in Destiny.

*edit*

Re-reading my post, I realize it might seem to be coming a little out of left field, lol.

My full thought process was closer to: I am skeptical about how Bungie "develops" all of their characters, but what I've seen of Saint 14's storyline this season has sparked a little glimmer of hope in me that wasn't there last week.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:11 (1596 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My full thought process was closer to: I am skeptical about how Bungie "develops" all of their characters, but what I've seen of Saint 14's storyline this season has sparked a little glimmer of hope in me that wasn't there last week.

Right, but he's probably going to be discarded after his storyline plays out. It's the one and done nature of these expansions that is the problem when it comes to storytelling.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:21 (1596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Right, but he's probably going to be discarded after his storyline plays out. It's the one and done nature of these expansions that is the problem when it comes to storytelling.

I have no problem with characters who enter the picture, have their story, and then leave. I just wouldn’t want EVERY character to be used that way.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:25 (1596 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I have no problem with characters who enter the picture, have their story, and then leave. I just wouldn’t want EVERY character to be used that way.

So we are halfway through the supposed 10 year span of Destiny… does it feel like we are halfway through an overarching story? Or does it feel like we've got a bunch of smaller ones that don't intersect much?

I am actually asking because It's been a year since I've experienced any new story content. (December 23rd is my one year Destiny sobriety).

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:44 (1596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So we are halfway through the supposed 10 year span of Destiny… does it feel like we are halfway through an overarching story? Or does it feel like we've got a bunch of smaller ones that don't intersect much?

I am actually asking because It's been a year since I've experienced any new story content. (December 23rd is my one year Destiny sobriety).

Did you ever read Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut? The way its told is as a sort of meandering recollection of events from a single narrator's POV. But he doesn't tell the story in anything close to a linear fashion. He jumps back and forth from event to event, constantly referencing stuff that happens elsewhere in the story as if he's already told you, but he hasn't. You spend the entire book just waiting for him to finally just lay out a concise series of events, but he never does. And yet, somehow, by the end of the book you basically have the whole picture. It's told in a completely scattershot way, and you're left to piece a lot of it together for yourself, but it's all there.

Destiny is kinda like that at this point. Especially if you include the lore pieces that are included with some of the triumphs, the little lore pieces Bungie is posting on their site, and the grimoire stuff (setting aside the whole "that stuff should be in the game" discussion).

That said, I think a great deal of Destiny's storytelling is poorly done. Much of the written lore is great, but in-game character development is still terrible IMO, with 1 or 2 possible exceptions. But I do like the fact that they are now beginning to take "one and done" events from the first couple years of Destiny and tie them to things we are doing now. Threads are forming and being pulled together. It's all very haphazard and messy, but there is an actual sense of history starting to come together. Not "lore", but history that we are directly a part of.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:58 (1596 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Did you ever read Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut? The way its told is as a sort of meandering recollection of events from a single narrator's POV. But he doesn't tell the story in anything close to a linear fashion. He jumps back and forth from event to event, constantly referencing stuff that happens elsewhere in the story as if he's already told you, but he hasn't. You spend the entire book just waiting for him to finally just lay out a concise series of events, but he never does. And yet, somehow, by the end of the book you basically have the whole picture. It's told in a completely scattershot way, and you're left to piece a lot of it together for yourself, but it's all there.

The written word and visual media work very differently when it comes to storytelling…

It's all very haphazard and messy, but there is an actual sense of history starting to come together. Not "lore", but history that we are directly a part of.

Sounds about right. :-p

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:30 (1596 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It’s not even just the characters at this point.

We literally went from having to take the city back from the Cabal to letting a group of Fallen set up shop in the heart of it, all the while Zavala was harping about how we needed to stay home and defend the city. He must be shit at his job. Better yet, we clear out the Hive from the Moon in the last game, only for them to build the biggest goddamn castle I’ve ever seen in the exact same spot while no one was looking. No one thought to maybe keep an eye on the Moon, huh?

The characters of Destiny flop from one random event to the next without any of it seeming to matter.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:23 (1596 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You saying that makes me want to play.

I hopped on Tuesday, got as far as playing the Sundial and opened up the Mars obelisk. Seemed neat, but I do not feel the need to spend the next three months doing that five hundred more times. I feel like I probably should play far enough to meet Saint-14, though.

Maybe...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 10:28 (1591 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Fen Church is actually Uldren!!

If that's true...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 15:55 (1591 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Fen Church is actually Uldren!!

He's got the worst luck in siblings ever!

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:04 (1597 days ago) @ Korny

Here's a question I'd like answered (and perhaps it has). Does the personality of the being a Guardian once was have an impact on their personality as Guardians? If so, how so? If not, what does determine their personality?

How this is modeled strongly determines what types of stories you could tell here.

But what about Kylo Ren?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:05 (1596 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

But what about Kylo Ren?

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 14:31 (1596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There’s no equivalence there.

The villain is always the hero of their own story.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:49 (1597 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 06:48 (1596 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 07:47 (1596 days ago) @ breitzen

My ex-wife got really into that show "Vampire Diaries", so I ended up begrudgingly watching more of it than I ever intended to. I mentioned it to a friend of mine at one point, and he said "that show gets way more interesting when you realize its actually a show about a whole group of villains who all think they're heroes, and spend the entire series doing terrible things and justifying it to themselves". To my amazement, he was totally right, lol.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:33 (1595 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...its actually a show about a whole group of villains who all think they're heroes, and spend the entire series doing terrible things and justifying it to themselves.

Isn’t this the premise of Arrested Development?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:55 (1595 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

...its actually a show about a whole group of villains who all think they're heroes, and spend the entire series doing terrible things and justifying it to themselves.

I think you mean Always Sunny.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 13, 2019, 09:33 (1595 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think you mean Always Sunny.

Don’t they all know they’re horrible? Lol

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 08:40 (1596 days ago) @ breitzen

Hackneyed af

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 14:45 (1596 days ago) @ breitzen

Bungie has been riding that trite concept for a bit too long at this point. Ghaul, Uldren, the emperor, the Fanatic, even the Darkness itself! It's bland at this point, because the "hero of their own story" angle is predicated on the villain's ignorance, or mistaken perspective.

Of course, you can argue that those two things are the basis of most villainy, but far too many stories rely on that to substitute character development, or they fail to reinforce the villain's motives in any other way.

Let's look at Wilson Fisk in the Daredevil Netflix series. When introduced, he very much feels like he's the hero of his story. He loves the city, and thinks he's saving it by managing the different criminal syndicates that pollute it. But instead of just coasting off that, and giving us yet another generic villain blinded by his own arrogance, the show explores his childhood, and shows us why he veered in this direction in the first place.
We see that he's not really feeling like a hero, since much of what he does is lashing out at his upbringing, and his father. The show moves his character forwards when he finally acknowledges that no, he was never the hero.

"I always thought that I was the Samaritan in that story. It's funny, isn't it? How even the best of men can be deceived by their true nature.... It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill-intent... who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

It's the turning point that elevates him to a true villain and threat, and the show is better for it. In season two, this idea is explored further for the protagonist with Frank Castle, who sees himself as a villain, but a necessary evil without regard to his own well-being.
Those two things, the "necessary evil", and the "HotOS" are very similar, but you can empathize better with the former, because of the self-awareness, or in Fisk's case, you fear them more, because they embrace their malevolent nature, removing lines that they otherwise would not cross, and they're not working towards something that they think is better for others.

So how could Bungie improve instead of giving us the same tired stuff?
They're not that far.
I've often felt that as far as Bungie's enemies go, the less we understand them, the better they can be as enemies. At this point, do we really fear the Fallen? Are the Cabal more than just an annoyance anymore? Do we even remotely feel like the Emperor will betray us before Destiny 3?

The two things Bungie has going for them are the Hive, and the Darkness, and they've diminished them as something to fear.
The Hive, we understand a bit, but their philosophy is alien enough that we can't really know what they're capable of next. The Darkness are shown to be HotOS-minded, but we've only seen the tip of the iceberg as far as their capabilities go, and we have the Collapse as a hint of that. We have never really understood their motives.

I want more enemies driven by desperation, or who are so alien, that they can't bargained with, can't be reasoned with. Who don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear.

But again, all of that is irrelevant to Neo-Uldren, who has been shown to not have the capacity for evil (choosing to isolate himself rather than lashing back at the Guardians who keep killing him).

Hackneyed af

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:06 (1596 days ago) @ Korny

I want more enemies driven by desperation...

Isn’t that the Fallen? Their planet was ravaged by the Darkness and those that survived fell into infighting even as they followed the Traveler to our system. They went from a noble people to pirates, scavengers, murderers, and (according to Saint-14) cannibals. They preyed on, fed on, the remains of human civilization after our own Collapse and could not be bargained with as a whole because of their hopelessness and their fractured, constantly in-fighting houses lacking any global sense of unity.

Yes, they have largely been defeated now, except for the undead variant that tore apart the Awoken’s territory and perhaps Varik’s group that is regrouping somewhere. But... they (and perhaps the Vex and Hive) all sense their rapidly approaching annihilation and are trying to prevent it by any means necessary.

Granted, we know all this now. We should have known this closer to 2014... but we have what we have...

Related: Great read regarding the Fallen

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:25 (1596 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Related: Great read regarding the Fallen

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 22:35 (1595 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Do you have the Grimoire Vol 2 book? There's a great new story in there.

Saint-14 attacked a group of Fallen who had made a home far from the wars taking place on Earth and in the Reef. Their leader known as the Baron of Shanks woke to his people being slaughtered by Saint-14 and his fireteam. The baron had built a ton of powerful shanks and they put up a really good fight but could not stop the Guardians so this baron leads Saint-14 into a sealed bunker and puts a forcefield between himself and Saint-14, like the barrier between the Jedi and Darth Maul in Episode 1, and they… talk.

Mostly, they just ask questions back and forth. The Fallen Baron asks Saint-14 why he has been leading his unending campaign against the Eliksni. Saint-14 asks if the Baron knows what gift the Traveler gave to the Eliksni back during their version of the Golden Age. Near the end, the baron tells Saint-14 he thinks he can kill him and his Ghost by detonating the entire bunker in one huge blast. He might have even been right since Saint-14 accepts this saying it would be a fair trade because the blast would also kill the baron and then Saint-14's fireteams would be safe. But then this Baron of Shanks asks a profound question:

Do you think that if I allowed you to live the Great Machine would bless us again?

Saint-14 doesn't really respond, but it's clear the baron has changed his mind about fighting Guardians. He turns off the shield between himself and Sain-14 and opens the blast doors and Saint-14 looms over him... but then leaves peacefully. One Fallen, at least, was redeemable in Saint-14's eyes even though he continues to hunt them everywhere else…

I really like the Fallen lore in the past few releases. We're really getting to see how desperate and scared they are. And we're seeing the terrible tole our solar system and its inhabitants have had on what was left of the Fallen. They are close to being extinct now and any that are alive are fighting a losing battle against Guardians and Hive and Vex and Cabal and each other... It's a very tragic story for them.

(Oh, also, the Grimoire has an illustration of that moment where Cayde-6 and the Fallen Captain fought side by side against a wave of Hive that attacked them on the moon. I got a kick out of seeing this!)

[image]

Hackneyed af

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:32 (1596 days ago) @ Korny

Bungie has been riding that trite concept for a bit too long at this point. Ghaul, Uldren, the emperor, the Fanatic, even the Darkness itself! It's bland at this point, because the "hero of their own story" angle is predicated on the villain's ignorance, or mistaken perspective.

You must dismiss as bland all villainy then, because evil is itself ignorance or mistaken perspective.

In my opinion, good antagonists are one (or both) of the following:

1. Built with an emotionally comprehensive and understandable psychology
2. Metaphors for our fears or anxieties.

One is not nessesarily better than the other (for instance, Michael Meyers is infinitely more interesting as a villain in the original Halloween than in the screen vomit that was Rob Zombie's remake that gave him a backstory).

But from your post it sounds that you simply want more of #2. But this then goes back to the real question of why Destiny's story keeps failing:

What is Destiny about?

Hackneyed af

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:18 (1595 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You must dismiss as bland all villainy then, because evil is itself ignorance or mistaken perspective.

In my opinion, good antagonists are one (or both) of the following:

1. Built with an emotionally comprehensive and understandable psychology
2. Metaphors for our fears or anxieties.

One is not nessesarily better than the other (for instance, Michael Meyers is infinitely more interesting as a villain in the original Halloween than in the screen vomit that was Rob Zombie's remake that gave him a backstory).

Right. I might agree with Korny that certain villains are one dimensional and writers can lean too heavily on one aspect in their characterization of them, but you can't say a basic psychological truth is trite or hackneyed--it just is. Human beings try to justify their behavior. It's simply what they do.

Hackneyed af

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 21:19 (1596 days ago) @ Korny

Let's look at Wilson Fisk in the Daredevil Netflix series.

I'd just like to add that anyone who hasn't seen that series REALLY should. Fisk might be the single best villain in any on-screen Marvel property I've seen. And he's just one of many great elements in a generally fantastic cast and story.

If you do see the first season and are into it, maybe consider watching all the Defenders stuff. Even Iron Fist. It has its flaws but I still enjoyed it, especially a certain performance in season 2.

Crackpot Talk Ahoy!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 23:25 (1595 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 23:39

Look at those Plums!

"Beautiful bluish hue [to 'em]
The Sun just dancin' right off them just nice"

Love it.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 07:31 (1597 days ago) @ Korny

I honestly can't believe they don't have novels.

Love it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:19 (1596 days ago) @ breitzen

I can sort of.

At least back in the Halo days, Bungie had a kind of standoffish approach to the novels at first, and some important people were even slightly annoyed Fall of Reach became so popular. They kinda sorta came around later, but it was still never a giant priority.

Love it.

by FyreWulff, Sunday, December 15, 2019, 05:28 (1593 days ago) @ breitzen

It felt kind of obvious that working around the books was more bothersome to them than worth it.

We also kinda saw what happened when Halo was taken over by 343 and they went hard on being integrated into the books.. people just got annoyed that important plot points that would have been cool to play in a game were put in a book instead.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread