Anyone else just playing PC Reach on FFA and Invasion? (Off-Topic)

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Sunday, December 22, 2019, 22:16 (1557 days ago)

Tired of the shitty TU and DMR starts. Wish 343 would just admit already that the Reach TU was the work of amateurs and isn't representative of the game.

God I'm still fuming over when the TU first happened and pc MCC just opened up those old wounds. Anyone remember when 343 first took over and said they were gonna respect Bungie's vision before they absolutely fucked up Halo Reach to satisfy an MLG minority playerbase?

Anyone else just playing PC Reach on FFA and Invasion?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Sunday, December 22, 2019, 22:39 (1557 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Also I sure do love dying with Half shields because some idiot thought Bleedthrough forced into a game not balanced around it was a good idea.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, December 23, 2019, 09:19 (1557 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I replayed the Campaign and played some Firefight. Given the very disappointing decision to season-track armor unlocks most of my motivation sorta fell off on reclaiming my old armor. I have yet to hop on for Invasion for fear of spoiling memories.

But I also can’t say I was the biggest fan of TU balancing. Combined with the fact that DMR starts being so popular just highlights the core issues I always had with the balancing in Reach. I’m sure I’ll swing back in periodically, but knowing what I’d be getting myself into has kept me away from the rest of it.

As the MLG minority I still hated it

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, December 23, 2019, 11:19 (1557 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

As a casual, even TU doesn't ruin Reach for me.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 23, 2019, 12:39 (1557 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Tired of the shitty TU and DMR starts. Wish 343 would just admit already that the Reach TU was the work of amateurs and isn't representative of the game.

It's frustrating, for sure, but I'm just happy to be able to play the one truly good Halo multiplayer in a steady framerate, and being free to play exactly the gametypes I want.

[image]
Nigh-perfect Matchmaking setup.

God I'm still fuming over when the TU first happened and pc MCC just opened up those old wounds. Anyone remember when 343 first took over and said they were gonna respect Bungie's vision before they absolutely fucked up Halo Reach to satisfy an MLG minority playerbase?

I remember, and I hated TU back then, much like the weaklings hated armor abilities (especially Armor Lock). But as with all things, you kind of get over the nitpicky parts and enjoy the simpler and joyous aspects of the game. I've even enjoyed Action Sack, which I used to avoid because it seemed dumb to me:

Humble brag this Perfection I got in Fiesta, of all things:

[image]
I was robbed of a Rampage medal, thrice.

Plus, getting my hands on the old Grenade Launcher again? Coming home, baby.

Reach is still really great. We mustn't be too harsh on it.
SDS when, Blue?

Them's fighting words

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 06:48 (1556 days ago) @ Korny

the one truly good Halo multiplayer

No Grifball? You Monster.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 10:17 (1556 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, December 25, 2019, 08:36 (1555 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Yep. The TU was straight up underfunded, and unfinished, by 343's -own admission-. There was supposed to be multiple betas and updates for it's settings, they just ended up pushing every single 'feature' from it after MS bumped everyone over to Halo 4 and they called it a day.

It's even worse because a bug saved us from bleedthrough the first time around, but for some reason they decided to waste time fixing that bug and put bleedthrough back in a game that has no feedback for when bleedthrough has been activated. So not only is it them forcing the unfinished, half-baked TU back on the game almost a decade later, that was SOUNDLY rejected by the Reach playerbase (TU had anemic population compared to vanilla after the honeymoon period, and it was like, ~500 people in a TU playlist at best and thousands in Vanilla lists after Halo 4, because everyone that wanted those type of settings had what they wanted in 4), so it's not even the actual TU settings that latercomers would have played back then..

... I really thought 343 had gotten over some of the hubris issues between 4 and now, but it's apparent to me that the nasty situation over Reach's handoff has them still not wanting to let this go.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread