So I bought Death Stranding... (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 09:30 (1578 days ago)

downloaded it last night. Today I sit down, prepared to spend several hours in that weird world. Can't get into Playstation. "Undergoing maintenance" they say. Ugh.

So I bought Death Stranding...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 09:47 (1578 days ago) @ Kermit

downloaded it last night. Today I sit down, prepared to spend several hours in that weird world. Can't get into Playstation. "Undergoing maintenance" they say. Ugh.

Check the service page to see when the services are back up (right now it shows no maintenance is being done, odd).

You definitely should play the game online if possible. It’s worth waiting for your services to be up again (be sure to check your account status as being signed in, too. They like to sign you out when they update security settings).

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 09:53 (1578 days ago) @ Korny

Check the service page to see when the services are back up (right now it shows no maintenance is being done, odd).

You definitely should play the game online if possible. It’s worth waiting for your services to be up again (be sure to check your account status as being signed in, too. They like to sign you out when they update security settings).

Yeah, I checked that page, but I get the maintenance message when I try to access the store. Also, D2 won't connect, which I was treating as a test. (Wasn't sure that Death Stranding had an offline mode. You're right. I want to make sure I'm playing it online. I'm excited!)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 09:57 (1578 days ago) @ Kermit

I think you can do the first few hours offline without worry.

The game also fakes the online features in a clever way, but there is just a personal difference for me knowing that the things I’m seeing are “real.”

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 11:32 (1578 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It was something about my internet configuration. Followed several internet suggestions. None worked. Then out of the blue it started working.

Death Stranding Drinking Game

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 12:04 (1575 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 12:10

It was something about my internet configuration. Followed several internet suggestions. None worked. Then out of the blue it started working.

Every time:

1. Someone says "Sam porter Bridges"
2. Heartman gives you likes
3. You hear "EE" or "Extinction Entity"
4. You share a memory with BB
5. You fall over and lose your shit
6. You use someone else's structure
7. You take a shower, piss or shit
8. You complete a delivery

Finish when:

1. Boss fight with Cliff
2. Higgs mentions the "God Particle"
3. There's a voidout
4. You kill a mule

Finish 2:

1. Fragile, but not that fragile

It hurts because its true.

by EffortlessFury @, Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 13:42 (1575 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread