Wow - here's a glitch I want to play with before it's fixed (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 13:55 (1540 days ago)

Middle tree Sunbreaker, Roaring Flames x3 (either normally, or via the Telesto/grenade shortcut), standing in a Well of Radiance... solar weapon damage is buffed 175%.

Boss-melting fun!

Might help the DBO clan finally finish GoS!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 14:02 (1540 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I’m down for running this. I’d get to try out my Spiked up Outrageous Fortune.

Hey Now!

by squidnh3, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 14:25 (1540 days ago) @ Korny

We beat it!

(Just not all in one sitting quite yet)

Two Days. Too Late.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 17:59 (1539 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Oh, and the Wishender Bow is going to be Patched Soon.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 18:10 (1539 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Ack

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 09, 2020, 19:55 (1539 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I hope the patch is just switch it to special ammo

You know its not.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 21:25 (1539 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

I do... :(

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 10, 2020, 06:35 (1539 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

"We want Exotic weapons to feel special."

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 09, 2020, 20:07 (1539 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

"Does more damage" isnt really special though

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 10, 2020, 03:28 (1539 days ago) @ Morpheus

It's the exact same issue as Gjallarhorn, though on an onviously lesser scale.

I'm a-okay with nerding it back in line with other bows. But an overall bow buff to coincide would be nice.

Different bug.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 05:53 (1539 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That was posted before the one I listed was even found.

No Wormgod Caress needed for the one I'm talking about.

Different bug.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 10, 2020, 07:10 (1539 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That was posted before the one I listed was even found.

No Wormgod Caress needed for the one I'm talking about.

Tried it last night while cheesing Riven.

Didn’t seem to work for me, although I got a 2x stack initially with Telesto, I wasn’t even halfway to doing the most damage to Riven. Maybe it just doesn’t work with Swords.

Test it in the Tribute Hall?

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 07:46 (1539 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Welp. Well that's what I get for shooting at the hip.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:14 (1539 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Clicked the vid, clicked ahead, saw flaming hammers, went "oh this one"... NOPE.

I do apologize for the error.

Wow - here's a glitch I want to play with before it's fixed

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 08:57 (1539 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So, I think the only part of this that is actually broken is that the buff is applying to solar weapons and not just solar abilities. The video argues that the game registers the Well of Radiance as being your own Solar ability, but that isn't necessary for this to work.

This is simply a multiplicative buff. Your buff * the WoR buff = 275% (or 175% increase in) damage. Perhaps Bungie meant for it to be additive? In which case it would be 145% (or a 45%) increase in damage.

IMO this is just clever ability synergy. Only reason to nerf it (beyond fixing the solar weapon part of the issue) is "balance."

by Harmanimus @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 09:21 (1539 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

They have specifically stated that the design going forward is intended to be one-buff-one-debuff with exceptions to benefits from exotics/weapon perks. However, this appears to function outside of that structure due to applying things incorrectly. Roaring Flame isn’t supposed to work on weapons, so the exceptions are breaking the heirarchy of buffs.

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 09:26 (1539 days ago) @ Harmanimus

They have specifically stated that the design going forward is intended to be one-buff-one-debuff with exceptions to benefits from exotics/weapon perks. However, this appears to function outside of that structure due to applying things incorrectly. Roaring Flame isn’t supposed to work on weapons, so the exceptions are breaking the heirarchy of buffs.

Right, that part is clear. What I'm less clear on is whether Roaring Flame is allowed to be buffed by Well of Radiance as it pertains to the Titan's solar abilities.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 09:29 (1539 days ago) @ EffortlessFury
edited by Harmanimus, Friday, January 10, 2020, 09:32

Well of Radiance and Empowering Rift are not supposed to apply to abilities, just weapon damage as they are presented, but apparently it may apply to ability damage with the Well. I’ve not seen it tested.

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, January 10, 2020, 10:59 (1539 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Well of Radiance and Empowering Rift are not supposed to apply to abilities, just weapon damage as they are presented, but apparently it may apply to ability damage with the Well. I’ve not seen it tested.

Aha! I see. So his explanation does make sense then. Roaring Flame interprets Well of Radiance to be a solar ability that can be buffed, and then Well of Radiance in turn buffs the weapon damage an increased amount. As per the description text, at least, that is the no-no.

I loved this analysis

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, January 12, 2020, 23:56 (1536 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

- No text -

Thanks! ^_^

by EffortlessFury @, Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 10:02 (1535 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread