Loading into the Tower (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, February 03, 2020, 07:27 (1515 days ago)

What the hell happened? It just took me nearly six minutes to load into the Tower.

When I landed, it seems like everyone else landed at the same time. 12 people scattered at soon as I hit the ground.

Loading into the Tower

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 03, 2020, 08:11 (1515 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What the hell happened? It just took me nearly six minutes to load into the Tower.

When I landed, it seems like everyone else landed at the same time. 12 people scattered at soon as I hit the ground.

Vex time shenanigans.

Loading into the Tower

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 03, 2020, 08:35 (1515 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Six minutes is absolute insanity.

This is indicative that a whole new instance was created right then. Maybe you were waiting on everyone to load up and someone had really terrible load times.

Loading into the Tower

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, February 03, 2020, 08:41 (1515 days ago) @ ZackDark

You can get a string of new joiners, back to back just as you were about to load in each time.

What is the upper limit for Tower population I wonder?

Allegedly, 24

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 03, 2020, 11:21 (1515 days ago) @ someotherguy

Weirdly, sometimes it won't let me join my friends on grounds of "destination full" even when it's at 17/24.

According to reddit

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, February 03, 2020, 08:36 (1515 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by someotherguy, Monday, February 03, 2020, 08:42

It's the same change that was applied to Crucible loading times as a QoL fix.

In Crucible it just means sitting in the flight screen instead of a black screen while loading everyone in. Unfortunately in the tower it means you cant load in on your own if someone else starts joining the same instance while you're en route. Have to wait for everyone, and with no matchmaking you can get a very slow trickle.

Reddit info though so pinch of salt.

Loading into the Tower

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 03, 2020, 08:49 (1515 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Latest bug fix.

;-)

^This is the right answer, unfortunately

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 03, 2020, 11:01 (1515 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Pro Tip - The Farm.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 03, 2020, 20:23 (1515 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Can't really do any Bounty Stuff, but you can clear out your postmaster, decrypt engrams, and load up the vault as you need. It's far far faster if that's all you need to do.

But this is Destiny.Bounties.Org

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, February 03, 2020, 23:18 (1515 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Pro Tip - The Farm.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 10:11 (1514 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I often totally forget the farm even exists.

*Taps Head* That's what makes it the best spot to hide. ;D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 11:02 (1514 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Loading into the Tower

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 04, 2020, 14:40 (1514 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Recently Tower loads have been a little better for me...Around 1-2 minutes, down from that staggering six.

Anyone else experiencing different times?

Happens to me about 1/12 for the past 6 months or more?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, February 05, 2020, 11:21 (1513 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread