Photos: Ghosts in the Machine, Destiny Concept Art *IMGs!* (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:02 (3834 days ago)

I was lucky enough to attend the opening of the Ghosts in the Machine Destiny concept art expo last night at Ltd Art Gallery here in Seattle. I got to take some photos to share with everyone who couldn't attend, so here are a few highlights (descriptions below the photos):

[image]
Front window of the L|td. Art Gallery where the show was held

[image]
A new piece from Jessie van Dijk

[image]
Bungie artists Ryan DeMita (left) and Adiran Majkrzak (right) were in attendance…

[image]
…as was spaceship guru Isaac Hannaford (and his wonderful wife!)

[image]
Show co-curator Siolo Thompson snaps a photo with Jessie van Dijk standing next to one of his personal pieces that was flown-in from the Netherlands for the show

[image]
Bungie fan Hylebos takes copious notes for his great writeup over on the Bungie.net forums

[image]
Lots of people came by to check out the artwork and talk with the artists

[image]
This beautiful Joe Cross "Clovis Bray Sinage" piece raises all sorts of questions!

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
Some fans checking out the artwork

And finally, if you're interested in the full gallery (70 photos) with larger versions, check it out here:
http://destiny.bungie.org/vanguardreport/ghosts-in-the-machine-destiny-concept-art-exposition/

The show was a lot of fun and it was great to meet many of the artists behind the work we've been enjoying for the last several months. If you're around Seattle in the next week or so, it's definitely worth checking out. Oh, and a huge thanks to Brittany and Christine from Bungie for letting me take photos to share with everyone!

It sounds like the pieces will all be posted online sometime in the next few days for everyone to get a good look at. They'll also be available for purchase and all proceeds go to Child's Play, which is pretty awesome!

NICE!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:06 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Thanks for sharing!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:18 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

Man I wish I lived closer to Seattle.

Photos: Ghosts in the Machine, Destiny Concept Art *IMGs!*

by Biwald ⌂, Redmond, WA, Friday, October 25, 2013, 13:18 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

I went as well. I see myself in half of your gallery lol . (I'm in the blue button down)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 25, 2013, 14:03 (3834 days ago) @ Biwald

I went as well. I see myself in half of your gallery lol . (I'm in the blue button down)

Haha, awesome! I was going though the photos last night and thought, "Who's the guy in blue who's in all my photos?!" That shirt really pops.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, October 25, 2013, 14:07 (3834 days ago) @ Biwald

But there's TWO guys in blue button downs!?!

Awesome!

by Spawn ⌂, Friday, October 25, 2013, 14:02 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

Excellent photos and thanks for sharing this!

You're welcome!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 25, 2013, 14:05 (3834 days ago) @ Spawn

Excellent photos and thanks for sharing this!

Happy to do it! I wasn't sure they'd let me take pictures, so I didn't even think to bring my flash. The lighting was a little weird in there (bright walls, dark standing area), so the exposure settings were a little finicky; a flash would have evened that out a bit. Still, think I got some good shots!

by Quirel, Friday, October 25, 2013, 15:41 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

Love the artwork of the ships!

Also, did anybody look at the artwork of the Cadet and think it was a Quarian at first?

Jealousy capacity reached.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, October 25, 2013, 16:56 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

by Durandal, Friday, October 25, 2013, 18:42 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn

Any idea what the big shiny battlemoon thing is?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 25, 2013, 19:02 (3834 days ago) @ Durandal

Do you mean this:

[image]

Concept art from GDC. I believe it is one of the rejected version of The City. Or rather a version of a last Human meeting place in space before Bungie "discovered" The Last City and The Traveler.

Destiny: Last Stand

by Sven, New York, Friday, October 25, 2013, 22:34 (3834 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Sven, Friday, October 25, 2013, 22:40

The concept piece Destiny: Last Stand looks awesome. I hope they'll have it available. Thanks for sharing.

Update: Art Posted Online

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 14:43 (3833 days ago) @ Beorn

The gallery has posted the show online; the images are pretty low-res, though, which is too bad. These paintings have so much detail and the versions online just don't do them justice. Also, the "full" version is found in the second image on each detail page (the first is the thumbnail).

Those interested can purchase the pieces directly from the site, but note that most of these are "1 of 1" prints, so once they're sold they're gone. The exceptions to this are the first four, which are un-numbered giclee prints.

Update: Art Posted Online

by Sven, New York, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 17:06 (3833 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Sven, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 17:32

It looks like the 1 of 1 prints are not signed. Can you confirm this?

edit: I received a reply email stating that originals are not signed. However, they will be including paperwork confirming the authenticity of the print direct from Bungie and would look into having them signed.

Astounding

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, October 27, 2013, 09:17 (3832 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Thank you for sharing!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, October 26, 2013, 22:27 (3833 days ago) @ Beorn

Glad you got to go. I'm more than bit jealous!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread