The Division 2 is $3 on Xbox right now. (Pricing error?) (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 10, 2020, 17:55 (1508 days ago)
edited by Korny, Monday, February 10, 2020, 18:02

I only played a bit during the free weekend, and found the co-op aspect surprisingly fun, with a solid focus on playing a role in a team (I ran a flanking shotgun build with sniping turret to suppress), and enemies that weren't complete bullet sponges, but who also punished you if you tried to just run and gun. I hear that your initial builds and such are just the tip of the iceberg, since there are upgrade trees saved for after you beat the game. Although the Campaign seems meaty in length, in case you don't care for the endgame grind.

Get it at the Microsoft store.

Thank you

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 11:52 (1508 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

The Division 2 is $3 on Xbox right now. (Pricing error?)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 12:00 (1508 days ago) @ Korny

I never finished the campaign, but I did really enjoy the game. It feels really good on a basic level, which is something I can’t say about the first one. The enemy AI seems really great. SkillUp called it real time XCOM, and that seems pretty accurate based on my experience. You can’t just hunker down and kill everything from cover. You have to move around a lot, but you have to be careful when you do it because getting caught in the open will also get you killed.

If anyone gets this and wants to play, let me know. I would jump back into it for a while.

Isn't it about to go into GamePass?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 12:27 (1508 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Gamepass games aren’t on there permanently, though.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 12:40 (1508 days ago) @ ZackDark

The Division (first one) was just removed from the service last month, after what feels like only a few months.

Sure, maybe you only want to play the game for a short while, but permanent ownership at $3 ain’t bad, especially with the next expansion just announced today.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 14:11 (1508 days ago) @ Korny

The Division (first one) was just removed from the service last month, after what feels like only a few months.

Sure, maybe you only want to play the game for a short while, but permanent ownership at $3 ain’t bad, especially with the next expansion just announced today.

Wait. Games rotate on and off the game pass service? Wow that makes it significantly less attractive.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 14:36 (1508 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 14:40

Why?

Things rotate in and out of literally every subscription service.

If you like a game enough to keep it, having Game Pass gives you a discount towards purchasing it before it leaves. If you don’t care enough to buy it, it leaving the service also shouldn’t really matter.

I don’t know how you play games, but I mostly play them then don’t touch them again. Game Pass is great for trying lots of new, small games (and every Microsoft first party game).

3rd party games do, Microsoft ones don't

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 18:06 (1507 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Makes sense

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 18:36 (1507 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Awesome

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 14:54 (1507 days ago) @ Korny

It will give me something to do while Destiny 2 is down again for emergency maintenance.

$3 on PS4 now. I’ll keep you Stadia owner informed...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 06:44 (1507 days ago) @ Korny

"Stadia owner", singular? ;)

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 18:07 (1506 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread