Sonic is the best video game movie ever made (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 16, 2020, 21:31 (1529 days ago)

Forget the trailers or preview.

Sonic the Hedgehog is legit pretty rad. It works fairly well on a script level (not perfect but the faults are minor) and it is way funnier than I was expecting. At least ten times I was fully cracking up, with tons of smaller laughs throughout.

But the real reason it worked was because it was actually about something. Imagine that.

Sonic is the best video game movie ever made

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 16, 2020, 21:41 (1529 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’ll watch it when I can stream it.

Did you see Detective Pikachu? I think that was a legitimately fun movie. Although, remove the nostalgia and the wonder off seeing well-realized Pokémon, and it would be less interesting. I think it would still work and be a fun movie, but it definitely wouldn’t be noteworthy.

This video did make me more inclined to see Sonic—Ben Schwartz is legitimately funny.

Sonic is the best video game movie ever made

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 17, 2020, 07:41 (1529 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, February 17, 2020, 07:45

I’ll watch it when I can stream it.

This is actually a theater movie I think.

Did you see Detective Pikachu? I think that was a legitimately fun movie. Although, remove the nostalgia and the wonder off seeing well-realized Pokémon, and it would be less interesting. I think it would still work and be a fun movie, but it definitely wouldn’t be noteworthy.

I saw it but in less than ideal circumstances. It was in Israel so it was in English with Hebrew subtitles. The kids in the theater would talk to each other, then miss reading the subtitles. Then they had to ask other people what just happened since they didn’t read, and then in asking they missed reading more so it was a never ending cycle of talking. Ug. At sonic, nobody talked ever and laughed / cheered / was worried exactly when they should. There was a great energy in the crowd.

But it was okay. Sonic is better in every way. No nostalgia needed.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:11 (1528 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Morpheus! You're alive!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:32 (1527 days ago) @ Morpheus

I had been expecting a day 1 post from Morpheus involving the Sonic Movie. When that did not materialize, the obvious and totally logical sarcastic answer I could think of was... "he ded". Poor fandom heart couldn't take it. Pop! Right out of the chest.

Turns out he only lost the capacity to form words and sentences, bless his heart.

:P

Morpheus! You're alive!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 19:59 (1527 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I had been expecting a day 1 post from Morpheus involving the Sonic Movie. When that did not materialize, the obvious and totally logical sarcastic answer I could think of was... "he ded". Poor fandom heart couldn't take it. Pop! Right out of the chest.

Turns out he only lost the capacity to form words and sentences, bless his heart.

:P

rofl, I would have! Trust me, I definitely would have...but my computer busted up in the most infuriating circumstances I’ve ever had, so I’ve been stuck with my iPhone for pretty much everything. The autocorrect is making my blood pressure quadruple.
10 months old, 2 thousand dollars. I feel like tearing my hair out!

TLDR, yes it’s the best movie ever/I screamed like a girl/sequel sequel sequel, etc.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread