Heads Up: There's a CutScene Upon Login today! (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 14:20 (1527 days ago)

- No text -

Um, yeah, about that...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 16:29 (1527 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Um, yeah, about that...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 16:51 (1527 days ago) @ Korny

That’s infuriating.

Those banners are fucking annoying anyway. I hope whoever decided they need to be like that gets kicked in the shins every day.

Funny. Awful. Still funny. What is Cache Unlock Progressed?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 16:58 (1527 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Um, yeah, about that...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 17:19 (1527 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

His Fault For Playing Crucible. ;-)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 19:52 (1527 days ago) @ Korny

But that does seriously suck.

Thanks for the heads up—I would’ve missed it! Unfortunately I can’t record it because typically, my brand new gaming PC is already fried out of pure spite, and won’t be back for three+ weeks. Right on the heels of an MCC Insider Steam code and job interview depending on it! Story of My Life™️.

I’ll have to wait until I get it back, so whatever.

So I guess that means...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 17:02 (1527 days ago) @ kidtsunami

...were goin' back to Mars for SOMETHING. If so, then it looks like Season of Dawn is "Revamp Curse of Osiris" and Season of ???? is "Revamp Warmind".

I can only wonder what is in store.

So I guess that means...

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 19:00 (1527 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Definitely something warmind related.

Rasputin’s motives have always been suspect. He doesn’t seem to trust the traveler and there was lore that he forced the traveler to stay and fight when it was trying to flee. He seems to judge guardians with our light from the traveler as tools to tolerate and sometimes make use of but not to fully trust possibly because we are the seat of power of the only meaningful human concentration left and he doesn’t have a good way to get rid of us. We know Osiris has been seeing the simulations increasingly predicting a pyramid victory and a dark future and I think he’s decided it’s because the warmind is going to help them get rid of the traveler and is confronting him on what his intentions are. The rifle he’s carrying implies if he doesn’t like the answer he’s going to do something about it.

What IS the latest in story?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 08:07 (1526 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I've not played Destiny since Christmas. (We got a Switch and I've been buried in Breath of the Wild)

What is the storyline up to now? My trigger finger has been starting to itch.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 08:23 (1526 days ago) @ ManKitten

Congrats on the Switch. I love that little thing. I’ve been getting back into Breath of the Wild lately too. It really is an incredible game. The way that game world works still feels like actual magic to me.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 08:29 (1526 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Congrats on the Switch. I love that little thing. I’ve been getting back into Breath of the Wild lately too. It really is an incredible game. The way that game world works still feels like actual magic to me.

Yeah, I'm 2 Divine Beasts into Master Mode. Clearing the Sword Trials in Master Mode was intense but totally worth it for the ever-lasting level 60 master sword...

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 09:18 (1526 days ago) @ kidtsunami

So I never actually beat the game. I did 3 Divine Beasts (still needed to do the one on Death Mountain). I put it down for a long time, just got distracted, and when I started again I really wanted to start over because it had been so long. Despite what seems like a lot of mainline progress, I didn’t really play that much. I didn’t explore much, and I never quite really got into the systems, especially combat. The first time I played, I didn’t quite understand what everyone else saw. I knew what it was supposed to be, but I think I was still expecting a bit more of a traditional Zelda game, and I was having trouble with the fact that it wasn’t.

So now I’m 10 or so hours in to a completely new game. No Divine Beasts yet, no Master Sword yet. But I feel like I get the game better this time around. It feels magical in a way it didn’t the first time around. I’m loving just wandering around.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 09:30 (1526 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So I never actually beat the game. I did 3 Divine Beasts (still needed to do the one on Death Mountain). I put it down for a long time, just got distracted, and when I started again I really wanted to start over because it had been so long. Despite what seems like a lot of mainline progress, I didn’t really play that much. I didn’t explore much, and I never quite really got into the systems, especially combat. The first time I played, I didn’t quite understand what everyone else saw. I knew what it was supposed to be, but I think I was still expecting a bit more of a traditional Zelda game, and I was having trouble with the fact that it wasn’t.

So now I’m 10 or so hours in to a completely new game. No Divine Beasts yet, no Master Sword yet. But I feel like I get the game better this time around. It feels magical in a way it didn’t the first time around. I’m loving just wandering around.

It's a super relaxing game for me. I love wandering around, and am currently working on taking pictures to fill my compendium. I just beat my 4 beast a few days ago, the death mountain lizard (which was a piece of cake btw.)

I'm going to explore some more before I take on Calamity.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:08 (1526 days ago) @ ManKitten

Find Eventide if you haven’t yet.

Seriously

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:31 (1526 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The best part of the game has so little to do with the "main" campaign. Frankly I think it takes away from it as there's a level of urgency with that that doesn't match my exploration of Hyrule...

Master Mode suits me just fine in this regard as it makes it less like I'm just cruising through enemies, I spend more time avoiding/running away from them and it makes me focus even more on exploring.

Even though I got all 120 shrines in my first playthrough, I'm relishing this reprise just as much, if not more.

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:08 (1526 days ago) @ ManKitten

What is the storyline up to now?

Psions stole Osiris's time machine (the Sundial) that didn't work, made it work, and tried to change things so the Cabal won the Red War. We stopped them.

We then used/will use (tense is confusing when applied to time travel) the Sundial to enter the Corridors of Time to save Saint-14. We also attended some version of our own memorial service.

We also got 2 new lore books ("Constellations" & "The Pigeon and the Phoenix"), revealing information about the history of the Speaker, as well as the history of Osiris, Saint-14, and the early Vanguard.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 11:11 (1526 days ago) @ squidnh3

Did we stop the loop in the dreaming city? How? What was it?

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 11:25 (1526 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That has yet to be resolved. Poor Petra.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 12:12 (1526 days ago) @ squidnh3

That has yet to be resolved. Poor Petra.

I did not expect this answer.

Also, about the Switch:

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 20, 2020, 18:06 (1525 days ago) @ ManKitten

Get one of these. It makes using the Switch in handheld mode a much more comfortable experience.

They also have good bundles on the grip with a carrying case that I’ve found to be really handy.

Sure wish it didn't;t have leg pegs

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 16:36 (1520 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have decided to never use my switch undocked because I can't manage to hold the tiny thing with my stupid big hands (this is a common problem I have with Nintendo designs.) but those pointy bits at the bottom seem like they would be uncomfortable.

Sure wish it didn't;t have leg pegs

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 18:59 (1520 days ago) @ Vortech

They’re not uncomfortable at all. My hands don’t end up anywhere near them. Assuming you’re talking about the actual hooks the switch sits in at the bottom?

In any case, it’s probably worth looking around—there are a lot of different versions of something similar to this.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, February 21, 2020, 22:07 (1524 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've not played Destiny since Christmas. (We got a Switch and I've been buried in Breath of the Wild)

What is the storyline up to now? My trigger finger has been starting to itch.

Bungie.net | Actions of Mutual Friends - Dec. 7

[image]

Narrative Preview For Upcoming Season

by squidnh3, Friday, February 28, 2020, 10:31 (1517 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It picks up right where the cutscene left off, here

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 28, 2020, 12:18 (1517 days ago) @ squidnh3

I don’t think I understood any of that.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, February 28, 2020, 13:16 (1517 days ago) @ cheapLEY

All I got was that Rasputin pointed out a weird anomaly far out in the solar system, Osiris went out, brought back something small enough to hold in his hand. (Sounded like Vex tech, from the word choice.)

Past that, I got nothing.

paging Raga for lore translation...

by Oholiab @, Friday, February 28, 2020, 13:22 (1517 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 28, 2020, 13:36 (1517 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, February 28, 2020, 14:07

I admit, it is quite heavy. Reads like something I might write. While I'm no Fourm Cryptarch, what I decipher is this. Keep in mind, Osirus is a Warlock. Warlocks like data. Warlocks trend to be very very good with data.

Osiris’s face splits into golden multitudes to consume the information. Eyes in all directions, searching for the path. Rasputin constructs a model of the system, highlighting an anomalous signal near the edge of Sol’s influence. Osiris’s mind sieves the data into manufactured purpose.

He interfaced with Rasputin.

We have a lead. -> HERE

KUIPER-OORT EXPANSE

[image]

1:02 - Osirus is there.

Osiris is basically in interstellar space. Osiris, if I interpret this correctly, visited the fleet. Yes, that fleet in the clip above. Them.

“What is it?”

Osiris breathes a sigh of relief at the sight of the anomaly.

“An answer.”

“I… feel strange.” Sagira settles from her orbit about Osiris’s shoulders, her voice crackling with interference.

“It might be best if you stay with the ship.”

“It might be best if you had better ideas.”

Some banter... but this is interesting, so I'm highlighting it...

Sagira scans the warping stillness. “There’s nothing in there, Osiris.”

&

Sagira narrows her iris at him. “I can’t even find a point to transmat you to.”

Well... if this is Darkness, it sure does seem to play by those rules eh?... I digress...

Osiris is in space, after the proper modifications to his armor.

He then is "WELCOMED" as he enters. Like we were on the moon, but without a link to Rasputin.

||COLLISION ALERT: BOW | COURSE CORRECTION;NEGATIVE;COLLISION IMMINENT||

The Anomalous Maw welcomes. It is a gullet, endless in hunger and depth that splits reality like petals opening to consume the Sun. The depth warps. Sweet flavor spins through the senses. It cradles him, locks in motionless descent, rocks away fear with warm recognition. Stretches, and wraps, and cribs.

||COLLISION ALERT: STARBOARD;BOW;ABEAM;RADIAL;AFT;BOW;ABEAM;PORT:AFT;RADIAL;PORT:BOW >||COURSE CORRECTION: NEGATIVE;TRAJECTORY FAILURE;COLLISION: FAILURE||

After that ... it's ... feeling I guess? I mean, I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure how better to simplify.

Something like this I suppose.

After than it's like a flood of... consuming rigidity. Absolute.

Before him, the gnarled point softens and splits into a blooming cathedra. A metal seed laid barren in the bosom of the throne in a pool of light. A nexus. He plucks it from the pool. From its drippings spawn a rapturous light, spreading through the enormity and ravenously washing over the gullet at increasing pace.

Dark gives way to cold reflective alloy.

To logic and formless calculous.

The cathedra, overwhelmed by prediction, rings with the dull mimicked tone of congruence. They scream to Osiris. His mind. They crave, never to tire, his unique causality. They would grow, unceasing. Death to death, forever.

The path of want falls to assimilation.

Osiris flees to the safety of Sagira’s blinking light. The gullet quivers reverberation that trails his every step in sentient chromic glisten. ...

While Osiris looks at they, they look at him. All of him.

And what was all this for? Why walk into this maw?

Sagira’s shell shines a reflection across the cockpit as Osiris’s jumpship rolls to face the Sun. “Ready to go?”

||KUIPER SLINGSHOT JUMP-LOCK: TRAJECTORY CLEAR; GREEN LINE||

“Sagira…” He grips a cold metal seed. “Yes.”

Are we suckers or what? Again... I am not a Cryptarch. My knowledge of this story is but an occasional glance. Here and there. It is interesting that of all D1 levels to return... Anomaly is one of them. But this cold seed is hand held.

So...

The Sun hangs dim and distant in a sea of ink. Its waning glare burns the focus out of Osiris’s eyes. Blind to all other points, they drift; engines humming in anticipation; vessel drenched in an angular shadow.

EDIT: Oh shit... the more I read this, the worse it looks. Key phrase at the ending.

Osiris flees to the safety of Sagira’s blinking light. The gullet quivers reverberation that trails his every step in sentient chromic glisten. He calls for her. To open the ship. To break the false-light wave that besets his every step. To—

“I’m glad you changed your mind.”

Changed his mind? What was all he... MMMmmmmmMMmmmm.

“Narrative”

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 28, 2020, 16:56 (1517 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread