TWAB - 20th of February 2020 - Weapon Archetype Changes (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, February 20, 2020, 15:56 (1524 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, February 20, 2020, 16:17

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48743

While the following changes will be coming out at the beginning of Season of [Redacted], some are in preparation for a new PvE challenge coming later in the Season. A new Nightfall difficulty, officially dubbed “Grandmaster,” will test even the most proficient Guardians. We’ll have more details about this new ordeal in the coming weeks. But for now, we have information from the Dev team on changes being made to ensure that we strike the right balance between challenge and reward.

Talk about:

• Izanagi’s Burden
  • Sniper Rifles
  • Grenade Launchers
  • Lord of Wolves
  • The Last Word
  • Shotguns
  • Fusion Rifles
  • Auto Rifles

They then end with...

These are some of the biggest changes coming to weapons, but be sure to check out the official patch notes in early March for the full list. We’ll also have a preview of Exotic armor changes, along with tuning to your Supers and abilities in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Also, the winner of this weeks MOTW is rather cool. Give it a look! It's real short & sweet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Loading times in the tower are being investigated - I believe a fix is proposed for day one of the next season. Need to follow up with the team. [link]

Incoming Hard Light meta.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 20, 2020, 22:23 (1524 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Bleah

by squidnh3, Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:43 (1524 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The weapon nerfs here have left me feeling a bit sour - we know that they have extremely limited test time, and the fact that they chose to spend it nerfing snipers and grenade launchers out of all the things they could be adjusting is just...bleah.

And sure, nerf Backup Plan based on the logic that is used to be on an exotic in D1, but I don't see Plan C anywhere in the game right now. That would be a nice compensation to at least give an option for that style of play.

Bleah

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 21, 2020, 09:14 (1524 days ago) @ squidnh3

The reasons for the sniper nerf are straight up dumb. We don’t use them because they’re “safe,” we use them because your stupid boss designs means that getting up close with a shotgun is basically impossible. Make it fun to get close to bosses and sniper use would drop immediately.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone at Bungie even plays the game they make.

Bleah

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, February 21, 2020, 09:20 (1524 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The reasons for the sniper nerf are straight up dumb. We don’t use them because they’re “safe,” we use them because your stupid boss designs means that getting up close with a shotgun is basically impossible. Make it fun to get close to bosses and sniper use would drop immediately.

Specific to this, LoW got that accuracy hit. So they WANT us to close distance and spray at CQC range, but I'm baffled as to how that can be useful if it guarantees a stomp attack...

They think Stomp is "fun"

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, February 24, 2020, 02:50 (1521 days ago) @ Malagate

Just like they think horizontal recoil is fun.

Shrug

Bleah

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, February 21, 2020, 09:18 (1524 days ago) @ squidnh3

And sure, nerf Backup Plan based on the logic that is used to be on an exotic in D1, but I don't see Plan C anywhere in the game right now. That would be a nice compensation to at least give an option for that style of play.

FWIW, There are Epicurean builds that play very much like Plan C used to.

And the GL nerfs have me concerned about my new love of Doomsday, and the overall effectiveness of Wendigo post-patch. Although I can't say there are any nerfs here that have me particularly bothered.

Bleah

by squidnh3, Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:19 (1524 days ago) @ Malagate

FWIW, There are Epicurean builds that play very much like Plan C used to.

I often use the curated Tempered Dynamo (same archetype as Epicurean) which basically is Plan C without the range. It won't act like Plan C after this nerf. Not only are they nerfing the impact while Backup Plan is active, the charge time will only be 85% of the usual charge time. Previously Backup Plan reduced the charge time to ~63% of the usual charge time. That's a massive nerf, as it was already extremely difficult get the timing right to kill shotgun rushers. And don't forget about the range nerf!

Bleah

by Harmanimus @, Friday, February 21, 2020, 14:57 (1523 days ago) @ squidnh3

You're getting still getting an ~460ms charge time with a 6 bolt requirement at point blank to score a kill. If you've landed a hit from a HC you will drop it to 4 or 5 bolts. So you're only at a disadvantage really compared to now because it takes more bolts if you are getting caught out of position.

One of these things is not like the other.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 21, 2020, 12:54 (1524 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, February 21, 2020, 13:24

RIP to a solid sampling of TTK, my goodness. As a primarily PvE player, the concept of these overall nerfs HURT. PvP wise these seem to make sense, as a lot of what is getting nerfed kills VERY quickly in PvP. Anyone here who has played PvP recently knows this. That's why Wolves & Last Word are gettin' reworked! No more Two tap sniper, no more one tap sniper (AkA Erentil FR4/ Mindbenders Ambition), and so long mid-range birdshot Shotguns. Just a few of a grand member of weapons that can just map you in PvP.

Yet - *TITLE*

SUPER sidenote: I'm dreading what they have in store quite possibly for a certain charged melee Warlock ability.

For my style of play, what I'm thinking about is Raids & High Level Strikes/Nighfalls/whatever-Grandmaster-is with Snipers. I'll sometimes make a build that is high risk, high reward as that's part of the fun. Can I shotgun ape this? Probably not... here I GO! LEEEEROYYY! :D

Yet when the chips are down, that's when I bring out the sniper. The "GOD ROLL" Curated Twilight Oath. The Tatara Gaze or Bite of the Fox. And yes, of course, The IZANAGI'S BURDEN with catalyst. With these nerfs, I expect a longer time to kill in these high difficulty PvE activities - ESPECIALLY with Blueberries. RIP LFG OMG-the DREAD I have. It means there is more time and chance for errors that may wipe a team. And since we can't get up close an personal with out the ever popular (/s) *STOMP* mechanic (as has been mentioned); What am I going to use now? Fusion rifles? (He said for Segway purposes) Nope. Their range is being nerfed because PvP (at minimum). Also part of me is going "Am I ever going to get a raid exotic/beat Garden of Salvation", but that's abit hyperbole. Bleh, still don't like the prospects.

Oh, and cherry on top! Of the fusion rifles I have - guess how many have Backup Plan?

... in fact ...

Apparently it's one out of every three I have (thank you bluerunner), which isn't as bad as I thought it was, but still quite a hit. My raid fusion rifle from "Garden of Salvation" has back up plan, and that's going to REALLY hurt, as it's SO MUCH FUN to use.

Other than that... nothing really bubbles to the top for me. 'Nade Launcher nerfs don't really get at me, as I started moving away from it after the debuff nerf to Tractor Cannon. I kind of figured their days were numbered, and it looks like that hunch was right. I've really been focusing on rocket launcher builds. Shotgun is a 'bit of a bummer, but I recently started focusing into slug shotguns simply because I ever really used them before. That's more just luck though. Titans are getting an indirect buff if you use Actium War Rig. Yeah. ...

Hey y'all, not to surprise ya, but-ta... I think trails (or something of the PvP tier) might be coming back. IKNOW! I know. CrAzY.

...RAGH!...

Alright Bungle. FINE. But I want a fast firing legendary bow with SERAPH ROUNDS, you to fix TRINITY GHOUL with a HUGE damage boost or make the perk proc on precision hits, make Warlock Bonds as badass as they were in D1 AT MINIMUM, make the vault not a f***ing embarrassment for a loot game, and probably a few other things that I'm not recalling right now... And a puppy.

The puppy is non-negotiable.

:P

(Edit: I inadvertently pressed enter, and it submitted. Woops!)

Bonus Patchnote: Fighting Lion Buff

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, February 21, 2020, 13:43 (1524 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

About that...

Fighting Lion will be getting some adjustments as a biproduct to the Grenade Launcher changes. We know you love this weapon more than life itself, but we wanted to make sure you knew the changes were coming.

Now that I've made you fear the worst, here's a quick preview of how Fighting Lion is not being nerfed next season.

Fighting Lion

• Due to backend changes with the grenade launcher archetype, Fighting Lion inherited minor adjustments
  • Rate of Fire increased from 72 RPM to 90 RPM
  • Direct hit damage in PvE is now 35 (Previously 27)

Very minor changes, but wanted to put 'em out there :)

[link]

Bonus Patchnote: Fighting Lion Buff

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 22, 2020, 15:18 (1522 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

About that...

Fighting Lion will be getting some adjustments as a biproduct to the Grenade Launcher changes. We know you love this weapon more than life itself, but we wanted to make sure you knew the changes were coming.

Now that I've made you fear the worst, here's a quick preview of how Fighting Lion is not being nerfed next season.

Fighting Lion

• Due to backend changes with the grenade launcher archetype, Fighting Lion inherited minor adjustments
  • Rate of Fire increased from 72 RPM to 90 RPM
  • Direct hit damage in PvE is now 35 (Previously 27)

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread