Where can I get a Paragon mod? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, March 08, 2020, 19:07 (1481 days ago)

Nearly 1200 Crucible tokens didn’t get me one.

Isn't Paragon deprecated?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 08, 2020, 19:35 (1481 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The new one is called Intellect Mod, which is about the same, but weaker

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, March 08, 2020, 20:06 (1481 days ago) @ ZackDark

Intellect is for Super ability, though. Paragon was for class ability.

After some research, Paragon no longer exists. There was a 2.0 mod, but it was removed, and now class ability is tied to either Mobility, Recovery, or Resistance based on class. I guess I forgot about that.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, March 09, 2020, 06:06 (1481 days ago) @ cheapLEY

After some research, Paragon no longer exists. There was a 2.0 mod, but it was removed, and now class ability is tied to either Mobility, Recovery, or Resistance based on class. I guess I forgot about that.

Yeeeep, one of the lesser-publicized changes that I had a bit of an unpleasant realization about when tuning my Comp build recently.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 09, 2020, 08:48 (1481 days ago) @ Malagate

I’m trying to get Trials ready, which is what made me dig into this. Not sure how I feel about it, but luckily had enough armor sitting around to have a max mobility build. The rest of my stats are all over the place now, though, so I need to start collecting armor again.

Nine seconds on dodge recharge is pretty nice, though.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 07:12 (1480 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m trying to get Trials ready, which is what made me dig into this. Not sure how I feel about it, but luckily had enough armor sitting around to have a max mobility build. The rest of my stats are all over the place now, though, so I need to start collecting armor again.

Nine seconds on dodge recharge is pretty nice, though.

There are some stat hacks that aren’t clearly communicated in the UI. For example, equipping a Traction mod in your boots not only changes your turning speed while sprinting, but it bumps up your Mobility stat as well. I think there are a few other examples of gear that effect stats in less-than-obvious ways... might want to look into it further.

Another little tip regarding mods; there are a few mods that I always ignored in the past, but they’ve turned out to be really great in PvP. Specifically Sprint Grip and Quick Access Sling. Sprint grip allows you to draw a weapon super quick immediately after sprinting, and quick access sling lets you switch weapons really fast after emptying the mag of your current gun. I throw that one on my Mountaintop so I can fire a grenade and instantly swap to my Hand Cannon for the cleanup shot.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 10:57 (1480 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah I like Sprint Grip quite a bit. I don’t find myself emptying a magazine enough to consider Quick Access Sling, but I should probably try it.

I still don’t have a Traction mod. ):

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 15:19 (1479 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t find myself emptying a magazine enough to consider Quick Access Sling, but I should probably try it.

Aside from single shot weapons (bows, special grenade launchers) it’s great on special weapons, where you don’t start with much ammo. Lots of fun on a sniper when you use your lost round to hit a body shot and make the super quick switch to your primary for the cleanup :)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 16:09 (1479 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I still run dual primaries more often than not, so that’s something I didn’t even consider. I suspect Trials will have me experimenting more, so I definitely keep that in mind.

Dual Primary Lyfe

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 17:16 (1479 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 06:43 (1480 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There is always the void class item mod, Perpetuation, which increases your Class Ability cooldown when you use your class ability.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread