Season of Worthy Builds (and Anti-Champion Weapons) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 15, 2020, 13:02 (1497 days ago)

Its been asked about before in the last season, so let's just jump the gun and throw out some concepts if we can. I know it's early, but perhaps that's a good thing. I presume most of us haven't fully upgraded our artifacts yet, so talking about this sort of thing may help with figuring out what to choose. All I have to give right now is questions, and the reddit source that brought me the idea to make this post in the first place. It has some fancy infographics, which I'm going to share here now.

[image][image][image][image][image]

Good stuff.

Alright, so with THAT out of the way...

Questions:

• For those of you who used last seasons mods, what builds did you use?
    • What did you find worked well?
    • What was your end goal of the build?

This season allows only mid to short range weapons to be anti-champion weapons. While the difficulty incurred by this restriction may be mitigated through other mods, I find myself wondering if we can "build a better mouse trap".

• Of all the non-exotic Sidearms, Submachine guns, Auto rifles, & Pistols...
    • Which are known to have the best range?
    • Do perks effect the potency of the mods? (Such as Disruption Break or Shield Disorient.)
    • ...or does the proficiency all depend on the damage values?

And finally, since this season seems to have a particular insistence on add clearing I also feel I should ask...

• ...Of all non-exotics...
    • is there a weapon you have used with a perk combination that has worked well with rapid add clearing?

I grant the answer to this question might just end up being "anything with firefly" & Loaded Question, but that's exactly why I'm asking. That's it? That's all we have? That can't be it... is it?

I'm a such a Warlock main. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Season of Worthy Builds (and Anti-Champion Weapons)

by TheOmegaClown, Saturday, March 28, 2020, 06:56 (1484 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by TheOmegaClown, Saturday, March 28, 2020, 07:07

Not sure if this helps answers your last question, but heres some observations from me:

1) dragonfly explosions(made better from dragonfly spec) detonates warmind cells with the splash aoe. I've used this to great effect.

2) indirectly, demolitionist (and other grenade oriented perks/mods/stats) has become an even greater perk this season than it has been before, due to the tyrants surge mod.

3) arc logic (moon auto rifle) can roll with overflow. Having an 80 round mag in a 600 rpm auto is nice for ad clear. It can also roll combo'd with demolitionist for extra add clear support.

4) 21% Delerium is my go to for ad clear non exotics. Make sure to pair with LMG ammo finder mods.

5) martyrs retribution (with demolitionist, ofc) is amazing and very fun to use.

I'm currently running a fun middle tree arc build on my warlock (it's not fully baked but it's a good foundation for a fun build). The cliff notes:

- mods: tyrants surge, lightning strikes twice, enhanced momentum transfer,enhanced ashes to assets, discipline mods wherever else you can afford.

- guns: paradox (1-2 punch, demolitionist), infinite paths (demolitionist, dragonfly, dragonfly spec), any heavy you prefer with demolitionist

- exotic: crown of tempests (ability kills give ability energy)

- gameplay: go bananas and watch everything explode from constant cells, grenades, ranged melee balls, and supers. Ability regen with this build is very high.

-next steps: incorporate moon seraph tower mods for added warmind cell interactions

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread