Serpah Tower Titan Build (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:29 (1470 days ago)

I've been messing around with different loadouts in the Seraph Tower events, and I stumbled into one that I really like.

Class: Titan
Subclass: Striker - Code of the Missile (Middle Tree Arc)

Weapons
Kinetic: Monte Carlo
Special: Martyr's Retribution
Power: Crown Splitter

Exotic Armor: Insurmountable Skullfort

How this build works:

I wanted a build that offered lots of crowd-control capabilities, which could also deliver really high burst damage against a single target when necessary. Using a middle-tree striker titan with Insurmountable Skullfort gives me virtually unlimited use of the death-from-above slam, which is fantastic for clearing out groups of red-bar enemies, especially when they're all crowded together on one of the Seraph Tower plates. On those rare occasions that I miss one of my slams and lose my melee charge, Monte Carlo takes care of filling it right back up again (in addition to being a great kinetic weapon for clearing low-level enemies in its own right).

Martyr's Retribution is fantastic for clearing out the streams of enemies that run at the plates in single-file lines (seriously, its like this weapon was designed specifically for this activity). Each grenade I fire can easily clear 2-4 red bars as they're running at me. Plus, I have my Pulse grenades equipped, which are another effective tool for keeping the plates clear.

Finally, there's the heavy damage dealers in this build. My sword, Crown Splitter, hits really damn hard with any perks, but my particular roll has Whirlwind Blade, which means the sword's damage increases with quick sequential strikes. (Sidebar - a guy in a random LFG group that I played with a few weeks ago asked which sword I was using, and after he saw how much chaos I was causing with it, he started referring to it as "Cheek Splitter" We all laughed so hard that it stuck). So when the yellow-bar enemies come stomping towards me, I rush straight at them with Cheek Splitter, give them 2 or 3 light attacks followed by a heavy swing, and they're toast. For the really big yellow bars that spawn during the later waves, I might need to hit them with 5 quick swings followed by a heavy. It also melts the Champions that spawn at the end, regardless of what type they are.

The final ace-in-my-sleeve that this build offers is, of course, the missile slam super. Fantastic for those moments where a plate gets really overwhelmed and you need to clear it out fast.

Here's a short clip that shows the basics of this build in action:

Anyone else have any builds they've been liking for this event, or anything else?

Serpah Tower Titan Build

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, March 23, 2020, 06:36 (1466 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Man, I love it!

I've recently fallen in love with top tree Dawnblade using Sunbreakers. From my new home in the air, I look for a red-bar that I can kill with a ranged melee, and then rain down Solar grenades on the paths where the enemies stream in from.

And I'm with you on the swords. I've not found anything yet that holds up too well when I've got the world burning around me for crowd control, and I move in on the big guys and start chopping away. Good times!

Serpah Tower Titan Build

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:14 (1466 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My current favorite is top tree Arcstrider. Combination Blow means you get 15 seconds of uptime on your powered melee. Combine that with the changes to Assassin’s Cowl, which now procs invisibility and health regen on powered melee kills and you get to go on and invincible, invisible punching spree. It’s a lot of fun.

Serpah Tower Titan Build

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, March 23, 2020, 19:12 (1466 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've been running top tree with Liar's Handshake. I'm just standing in front of the plate waiting for someone to melee me.

[image]

Top tree Arcstriders unite

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 23, 2020, 19:54 (1466 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Combination blow is too good to be true

Serpah Tower Titan Build

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:42 (1466 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't have a build specifically for the Seraph Towers, but I typically use my default badass loadout:

Back in Destiny 1, I have a Hand of Judgement—not just a God roll, but a God-killer roll. It has Explosive Payload and Firefly. I eventually found a D2 similarity, the Night Watch. It's got Explosive Payload and Rapid Hit. I really love the feel, and it packs a good punch.

Then I've got Loaded Question and Xenophage. ;-)

As for class, I work with Attunement of Flame and Promethium Spur. Well is a little too static for an encounter as mobile as Seraph Tower, but Promethium Spur makes it a near-perfect super for the job. Yep!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread