How are you doing? (Off-Topic)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 15:38 (1492 days ago)

Hey friends!

Been a little bit, but I still check the forums from time to time even though I don't play.

Got to play though Doom Eternal (enjoyed it!), probably the first gaming I've gotten to do in probably 6 months. It really was some sorely needed self-care, honestly.

So. COVID-19.

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?
Are you working?
Do you have ways to be social or keep monotony at bay? Still Raiding?
Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

Sound off. Let your friends know how you're doing. People care about ya!

How are you doing?

by gamingdish, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 02:51 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

GamingDish team will provide you all the information about all Games. It may be for Online games, Offline games, PC Games, Android games or Iphone games, you will find complete and comprehensive articles on them and other things as well. more info is here pls check: gamingdish

GamingWing team will provide you all the information about all Games. It may be for Online games, Offline games, PC Games, Android games or Iphone games, you will find complete and more info is here: gamingwind

I'm glad to know gamingdish is okay.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 07:17 (1491 days ago) @ gamingdish

- No text -

Our Thoughts And Prayers Bless GamingDish.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 07:56 (1491 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

But I'm worried about gamingwing and Gamingwind.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:43 (1491 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Anyone know about any good deals on shoes?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 15:27 (1491 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

White American Singles in your IP Location! Click here!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 16:25 (1491 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

How are you doing?

by squidnh3, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 08:12 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Working from home.

Soul-crushing losses in Trials.

It's been nice to be able to jump on Destiny and have some human interaction. It's funny, with the way work is now you can tell immediately who plays video games and is used to communicating over voice chat, and who has to relearn all the lessons we've already internalized about chat delay and talking over other people.

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:07 (1487 days ago) @ squidnh3

It's funny, with the way work is now you can tell immediately who plays video games and is used to communicating over voice chat, and who has to relearn all the lessons we've already internalized about chat delay and talking over other people.

Good lord, yeah.

I dunno about "funny" but a lot of remote meetings I've had to join with non IT people for my agency who are learning these concepts is just... painful.

SHOUT LOUDER, KAREN, WE'LL HEAR YOU THEN FOR SURE.

Oops, replied to wrong post

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 10:22 (1485 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

How are you doing?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 08:36 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Got to play though Doom Eternal (enjoyed it!), probably the first gaming I've gotten to do in probably 6 months. It really was some sorely needed self-care, honestly.

I got to play a bit myself. It's a fantastic game even though I'm only 1 mission in. I think I'm going to have to pace myself, though. It's pretty intense and I can only handle a mission or two at a time.

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Fine, for the moment.

Are you stuck at home?

Yeah, but I would be anyway. I work from home normally and live by myself, so as long as I'm stocked on groceries, honestly not that much has changed in my daily life. I almost feel bad about how big a change everyone else is going through.

Are you working?

Yep, see above. Plus the company I work for mostly supports auto body shops, which are deemed "essential businesses" in the states we operate in, so for now we still have work.

I think so. Honestly a lot of my social life is online anyway. Most of the friends I keep up with IRL are also gamers so we'll come up with something.

Do you need to vent?

Not really. Actually I've mostly been impressed with how much MOST people are trying to do their part right now. There's a few idiots here and there, but honestly most people I deal with are pretty well up to speed on what to do and WHY we're doing it. Even people I'd normally consider pretty ignorant of science/medical topics.

Do you need anything?

Not yet. Amazon's a little slow to fill orders right now but they still are doing it at least, and I wasn't crtitically low on anything so I can wait a bit.

Are you ok?

Personally, yeah. I do worry about a family member and a couple other people I know whose immune systems aren't good.

Thanks, Rev. Same to you and yours.

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:12 (1487 days ago) @ stabbim

If you liked the 2016 version, you'll enjoy Eternal (story is a bit more forward facing this go round, which is polarizing for some).

I played through on Ultra-Violence, got my shit kicked but made it through. Enjoyed the difficulty spikes quite a bit but then on a re-play on an easier difficulty found I enjoyed just tearing around the levels soooooo......

YMMV.

Glad you're doing OK. I figured you being a fellow IT guy would likely be fine and have stuff to do, yet not impact your day-to-day much.

Keep that balance in check and check on your family and extroverted friends!

How are you doing?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 09:20 (1486 days ago) @ Revenant1988

If you liked the 2016 version, you'll enjoy Eternal (story is a bit more forward facing this go round, which is polarizing for some).

I very much did. Hard to say on the story front. I did like how things were presented in the last game, but I think the real reason I played was the combat, which seems at least as good so far, maybe better.

I played through on Ultra-Violence, got my shit kicked but made it through. Enjoyed the difficulty spikes quite a bit but then on a re-play on an easier difficulty found I enjoyed just tearing around the levels soooooo......
YMMV.

UV is how I did every previous DOOM so my intent is to do that here, too. So far it's been reasonably tough, but I haven't spent an hour redoing the same room or anything. Hopefully doable.

Glad you're doing OK. I figured you being a fellow IT guy would likely be fine and have stuff to do, yet not impact your day-to-day much.

Yep, just having to make a conscious effort to not go out for groceries and such.

Keep that balance in check and check on your family and extroverted friends!

Thanks for the reminder. An unfortunate consequence of not having much trouble so far is that I sometimes temporarily forget how much some of my friends' lives must feel very different right now.

How are you doing?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 26, 2020, 09:15 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Hey, man. Thanks for asking. I've been worried about all of y'all, but except for the closest ones I already maintain contact daily, I had no idea how to approach the subject...

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

So far, fine.

Are you stuck at home?

Yep. Still live with my parents, so full lockdown over here, since my mother needs to have her immune system medically depressed. Fingers crossed.

Are you working?

Allegedly. Always could work from home, but never did because I have a hard time allocating my attention when not physically somewhere else. Definitely a psychological thing and I'm working on improving it.

Not much has changed here, except I haven't seen my fiancee in person for 2 full weeks now.

Do you need to vent?

Not yet :p

Do you need anything?

Nah, we found a grocery store that delivers so we should be good. Takes a very long time to clean everything, but at least it's something to occupy ourselves with.

Are you ok?

Mostly tired of the asinine way our government has been handling this. Hell, even you guys are handling it miles better...

How about you, mate? You mentioned gaming, but how about these questions?

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:19 (1487 days ago) @ ZackDark

Hey, man. Thanks for asking. I've been worried about all of y'all, but except for the closest ones I already maintain contact daily, I had no idea how to approach the subject...

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

So far, fine.

Are you stuck at home?

Yep. Still live with my parents, so full lockdown over here, since my mother needs to have her immune system medically depressed. Fingers crossed.

This is what really makes me angry about people not taking it seriously. The asshole-part of me wants to enjoy the suffering the Anti-Vax crowd deserves from all this, but really the people who suffer are the ones who even if THEY take precautions are still at the mercy of other idiots.

Are you working?

Allegedly. Always could work from home, but never did because I have a hard time allocating my attention when not physically somewhere else. Definitely a psychological thing and I'm working on improving it.

That is a real thing. It doesn't bother me so much, but sometimes I'll work MORE than I should (not taking a break, not stopping when I should) because "it's right here, just one last thing"

Balance is important!

Not much has changed here, except I haven't seen my fiancee in person for 2 full weeks now.

Do you need to vent?

Not yet :p

Do you need anything?

Nah, we found a grocery store that delivers so we should be good. Takes a very long time to clean everything, but at least it's something to occupy ourselves with.

Are you ok?

Mostly tired of the asinine way our government has been handling this. Hell, even you guys are handling it miles better...

Dunno about that.... I will say that in my home state (Ohio), I'm really happy with how our Governor has been handling this and that they saw the threat early and acted even when it seemed "unnecessary" because they've set us up for success and hopefully other states follow the example.

How about you, mate? You mentioned gaming, but how about these questions?

I'm doin alright. Burned out, but I was before all this. Gonna reply to everyone here and then update myself!

Some games to try while on lockdown

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 09:54 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

1. Vanquish
2. Vanquish
3. Vanquish
4. Vanquish
5. Vanquish

Some games to try while on lockdown

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:19 (1487 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Vanquish
2. Vanquish
3. Vanquish
4. Vanquish
5. Vanquish

Idk what that is, but Doom Eternal was pretty fun.

Also bought Overcooked 2 on PS4 which is a fun little party game!

How are you doing?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 10:48 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

How are you?

Doing good. Really making sure I don't irritate my CHF—now is NOT the time to go back to the hospital AT ALL.

Are you stuck at home?

Yes, but I don't go out too often, so it's nothing new.

Are you working?

Unfortunately I haven't had a job since I was put on disability. I occasionally did some UBERing, but my car is showing its age and I need to get some things fixed.

Of course, I have you guys, and I have the Respawn...I also have Covid memes—hey, we need some humor in these dark times.

Do you need to vent?

A little. Doom Eternal is awesome as hell, but I can't play it for more than 20 minutes at a time because Destiny 2 keeps pulling me back so I can finish all the JOBS I HAVE TO DO! It's a damn FOMO hostage situation, I swear. The news is even more depressing than normal. Although I have to say; although it's mindblowing, it's also a little "cool" to see late-night hosts do their shows inside their houses. Not to mention, seeing videos of the most populated locations in the world being straight-up Left Behind empty, it's like holy shit. I'm furious that Switches are sold out everywhere and I can't get one, but that's just selfish. So far, no one in my family has the virus, thank goodness. However, my dad and sister live in New Orleans, and I have one relative in New York, so I'm calling them frequently and reminding them to be careful. Unfortunately, my poor hero Babish and his girlfriend Jess have the flu. Hopefully it's not THE flu, but they're staying inside, good on them.

Do you need anything?

Water, I guess. And a way to eat pizza without getting fat. ;-)

Are you ok?

XD lmao

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:27 (1487 days ago) @ Morpheus

How are you?

Doing good. Really making sure I don't irritate my CHF—now is NOT the time to go back to the hospital AT ALL.

Are you stuck at home?

Yes, but I don't go out too often, so it's nothing new.

Are you working?

Unfortunately I haven't had a job since I was put on disability. I occasionally did some UBERing, but my car is showing its age and I need to get some things fixed.

Of course, I have you guys, and I have the Respawn...I also have Covid memes—hey, we need some humor in these dark times.

Do you need to vent?

A little. Doom Eternal is awesome as hell, but I can't play it for more than 20 minutes at a time because Destiny 2 keeps pulling me back so I can finish all the JOBS I HAVE TO DO! It's a damn FOMO hostage situation, I swear. The news is even more depressing than normal. Although I have to say; although it's mindblowing, it's also a little "cool" to see late-night hosts do their shows inside their houses. Not to mention, seeing videos of the most populated locations in the world being straight-up Left Behind empty, it's like holy shit. I'm furious that Switches are sold out everywhere and I can't get one, but that's just selfish. So far, no one in my family has the virus, thank goodness. However, my dad and sister live in New Orleans, and I have one relative in New York, so I'm calling them frequently and reminding them to be careful. Unfortunately, my poor hero Babish and his girlfriend Jess have the flu. Hopefully it's not THE flu, but they're staying inside, good on them.

Glad you're staying entertained. I still check the news for Destiny now and then, but stopped keeping up long, long ago in-game wise. Now seems like the perfect time to enjoy a grindy-type game though!

That sucks about your family in the hot zones :(

It's really hard to watch the news about the other states that maybe have not responded to this as quickly as they should have... fortunately, starting late is still better than not starting at all so tell em to stay inside!

Do you need anything?

Water, I guess. And a way to eat pizza without getting fat. ;-)

NOPE.

And not having gym access right now is killing me.

Are you ok?

XD lmao

How are you doing?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:52 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

So. COVID-19.

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?

Yuuuuup.

Are you working?

Not…really. I'm on a video conference about 50% of days for 30-60 minutes.

Playing more destiny than ever, but also staying up way too late to do so.

Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

I'm in a Far better situation than most; seems absurd to be worried. Re-channeling my worry into reading far too much information/news and worrying about Family who work in medicine.

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:29 (1487 days ago) @ Vortech

So. COVID-19.

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?

Yuuuuup.

Are you working?

Not…really. I'm on a video conference about 50% of days for 30-60 minutes.

Playing more destiny than ever, but also staying up way too late to do so.

Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

I'm in a Far better situation than most; seems absurd to be worried. Re-channeling my worry into reading far too much information/news and worrying about Family who work in medicine.

Sounds like you have a good handle on things!

I'm similar. Not really worried about all this. Whatever will be, will be.
It causes my wife some anxiety tho, but she's doing well all things considered.

How are you doing?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:28 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Great! I'm living my best life. Stay home, don't interact with others, when I do have to go out, there's no traffic or dummies do deal with. I'm a homebody anyway, so my lifestyle hasn't changed at all. I'm just able to do it guilt free!

Are you stuck at home?

Our state is in "Shelter in Place" or whatever it's called and I'm doing my part to "Social Distance" but we've had a couple trips to the local park to walk and get fresh air.

Are you working?

Overtime. I'm in marketing department for a company that manufactures a medical incinerator so I've been going full bore to promote the thing.

I started a group text thread with 5 other friend families where I issued challenges throughout the weekend with different themes. The winner took over hosting duties for this upcoming weekend. It helps fill the time with kids on the weekend when everyone is stuck at home.

Do you need to vent?

Nope. Again, living my best life.

Do you need anything?

Luckily, all the stores around here have been in full stock (of things we shop for.) My wife and I enjoy cooking, so raw ingredients are plentiful.

Are you ok?

Yes, but I'm an introvert. My wife is an extrovert and started to go stir crazy. Having a 6 year old in the house can make things stressful at times but all is going well. The new season of Destiny was good timing, it fits my playing style perfectly for a slow burn. Also just discovered that Call of Duty Warzone. So that's going to waste a good amount of time! I've got plenty of home projects to keep me occupied. We are (un)expecting baby 2 in July, so I've been working on moving my office/game room into the garage. It's coming along nicely and is going to be sweet. 2 tvs, 2 xboxs, 2 sound systems, carpetball table, pop-a-shot basketball, hifi system, mini fridge full of beer. Boom.

I received a joke text a few days to the effect of "Consider your extroverted friends in these times" basically taking the sarcastic tone flipping how introverts aren't comfortable in public spaces. I'm guessing most people here are more on the introverted side, but seriously, if you have extrovert friends, they are probably going crazy right now. Check in on them, they need interaction.

How are you doing?

by Oholiab @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 10:07 (1490 days ago) @ ManKitten

How are you?

Great! I'm living my best life. Stay home, don't interact with others, when I do have to go out, there's no traffic or dummies do deal with. I'm a homebody anyway, so my lifestyle hasn't changed at all. I'm just able to do it guilt free!

This is the life to which my youngest (crazymoose 117) aspires!

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:33 (1487 days ago) @ ManKitten

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Are you stuck at home?

Our state is in "Shelter in Place" or whatever it's called and I'm doing my part to "Social Distance" but we've had a couple trips to the local park to walk and get fresh air.

Are you working?

Overtime. I'm in marketing department for a company that manufactures a medical incinerator so I've been going full bore to promote the thing.

I started a group text thread with 5 other friend families where I issued challenges throughout the weekend with different themes. The winner took over hosting duties for this upcoming weekend. It helps fill the time with kids on the weekend when everyone is stuck at home.

Do you need to vent?

Nope. Again, living my best life.

Do you need anything?

Luckily, all the stores around here have been in full stock (of things we shop for.) My wife and I enjoy cooking, so raw ingredients are plentiful.

Are you ok?

Yes, but I'm an introvert. My wife is an extrovert and started to go stir crazy. Having a 6 year old in the house can make things stressful at times but all is going well. The new season of Destiny was good timing, it fits my playing style perfectly for a slow burn. Also just discovered that Call of Duty Warzone. So that's going to waste a good amount of time! I've got plenty of home projects to keep me occupied. We are (un)expecting baby 2 in July, so I've been working on moving my office/game room into the garage. It's coming along nicely and is going to be sweet. 2 tvs, 2 xboxs, 2 sound systems, carpetball table, pop-a-shot basketball, hifi system, mini fridge full of beer. Boom.

Same for my wife lol. Every day so far has just felt like a tuesday for me hahah.

One of our friends was telling us something like "you don't know how good you have it with no kids right now" and we were like "oh no, we absolutely do" lmao

Trying to buy a house right now has been interesting. I keep wishing we had just bought maybe a month ago before this started so I could the MY projects lol

I received a joke text a few days to the effect of "Consider your extroverted friends in these times" basically taking the sarcastic tone flipping how introverts aren't comfortable in public spaces. I'm guessing most people here are more on the introverted side, but seriously, if you have extrovert friends, they are probably going crazy right now. Check in on them, they need interaction.

Yep yep. I'm in the camp where this isn't really any different for me, but know it is hard for my extroverted friends. A skype session goes a long way!

How are you doing?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:30 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:47

I'm still at the office, but my office is fairly isolated with only 3 people and a lab. We're soaking it down regularly with Lysol. Most of my company, and industry, is shut down right now. A lot of what I do can't be done from home, so unless they close everything I'll be holed up here in my office and lab. My wife is still working too because she is in one of the "essential" industries.

I was supposed to go to China this summer for work. That is obviously on hold for now.

One of my side gigs is pretty much shut down because Nashville has no tourists right now, and the location I sell laser cut items at is closed until sometime in April.

On my other side gig, I do still have some fireworks shows scheduled for May. That was supposed to be my biggest month, outside of the July 4th city shows. One small show got bumped to June, and I'm waiting on a decision for a big show that is scheduled for May 8th. It might get bumped to September. Two more shows are still scheduled for late May.

The Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot on April 3-4 got canceled. For me, that's like canceling Christmas. If I don't get to blow something up in the next few weeks I am going to go crazy.

I have been waiting for the weather to warm up so I can head to the Smokies for some backcountry hiking. I was planning to go up there this weekend but the park is completely closed for 2 weeks. I have a longer hike planned for the end of April, but that is up in the air right now. I have about 150 miles of trials I wanted to knock out this summer, along with any quick weekends I could sneak some more into, but it's all up in the air right now.

I played MCC recently with some guys I haven't talked to in a while and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite my ineptitude in relearning the controls. We should do that more.

I still play Destiny, but I have given up on the pinnacle activities and progression. I really enjoy the gunplay and movement, so I just focus on having a good time and shooting things.

How are you doing?

by Oholiab @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 10:12 (1490 days ago) @ bluerunner

The Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot on April 3-4 got canceled. For me, that's like canceling Christmas. If I don't get to blow something up in the next few weeks I am going to go crazy.

this made me LOL. I sincerely hope you make it. I've resorted to shooting pigeons in my backyard with airsoft.

I played MCC recently with some guys I haven't talked to in a while and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite my ineptitude in relearning the controls. We should do that more.

I love all things Halo, and don't play it enough. My gaming time is always few and far between (and I think we are on complete opposite US time zones), but if you see me online, give me a shout out.

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:42 (1487 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm still at the office, but my office is fairly isolated with only 3 people and a lab. We're soaking it down regularly with Lysol. Most of my company, and industry, is shut down right now. A lot of what I do can't be done from home, so unless they close everything I'll be holed up here in my office and lab. My wife is still working too because she is in one of the "essential" industries.

I was supposed to go to China this summer for work. That is obviously on hold for now.

I'm WFH but Jackie is still required to go in... not sure how much longer that will last but she works for a group of folks from a generation that subscribes to the thought you must be physically in the office to get clerical work done....

I've been looking at plane tickets like crazy.

One of my side gigs is pretty much shut down because Nashville has no tourists right now, and the location I sell laser cut items at is closed until sometime in April.

My makerspace is closed and is likely going to out of business because of this so I'm really bummed :(

I'm optimistic it will come back in some form but it still sucks.

On my other side gig, I do still have some fireworks shows scheduled for May. That was supposed to be my biggest month, outside of the July 4th city shows. One small show got bumped to June, and I'm waiting on a decision for a big show that is scheduled for May 8th. It might get bumped to September. Two more shows are still scheduled for late May.

I saw! I was like "shit just got real for blue" lol

I have been waiting for the weather to warm up so I can head to the Smokies for some backcountry hiking. I was planning to go up there this weekend but the park is completely closed for 2 weeks. I have a longer hike planned for the end of April, but that is up in the air right now. I have about 150 miles of trials I wanted to knock out this summer, along with any quick weekends I could sneak some more into, but it's all up in the air right now.

Yeah. I just had to cancel a trip down to Savannah to go meet up with a bunch of my maker\cosplay friends. Was gonna stop down and visit Sammy (and Korny, I guess) on the way down but it's been postponed for now.

Hoping most of our summer\fall plans still happen.

I'd ride down to tail of the dragon on my bike if there was somewhere I could stay lol

LORD do I miss Halo. Christmas 2020. I want a house and a game room. that is my deadline.

I still play Destiny, but I have given up on the pinnacle activities and progression. I really enjoy the gunplay and movement, so I just focus on having a good time and shooting things.

How are you doing?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:48 (1486 days ago) @ Revenant1988

If you need to stay somewhere to ride Tail of the Dragon, there are some motels somewhat close, and if you want to be cheap there is a campsite at Fontana Dam or also a Appalachian Trail shelter at the dam. The dam visitor center has free showers and bathrooms. I've hiked there and it's nice.

In fact, I'll be stopping there next year when I guide some guys on a section hike of part of the Appalachian Trail. They've got no gear and little experience, but somehow I got roped into getting them ready to do this. Should be interesting.

Today I joined the ranks of working from home. I'm not a homebody. I dont know how I will handle this.

Thank you.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 16:46 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I am not dead, but I'm not sure this is living either. Should that change, I'll possibly post about it, or at worse... someone else will.

Maybe.

[image]

Don't really have much else I can say, so as a sign of the moment, here is a .gif of a kitten attacking toilet paper.

[image]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 18:14 (1491 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Don't really have much else I can say, so as a sign of the moment, here is a .gif of a kitten attacking toilet paper.

[image]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A solid argument for 'under'.

Thank you.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 26, 2020, 22:12 (1491 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Bidets, over and no loose cats in the bathroom, in that order

Thank you.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 23:23 (1490 days ago) @ ZackDark

Bidets, over and no loose cats in the bathroom, in that order

And also don't blow up.

Thank you.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, March 27, 2020, 07:05 (1490 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A solid The only argument for 'under'.

FTFY

Problem solved

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 10:50 (1490 days ago) @ stabbim

[image]

Problem solved

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 27, 2020, 10:58 (1490 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Clockwise or counter-clockwise is the new over or under

Problem solved

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 11:07 (1490 days ago) @ ZackDark

Good lord you people are just LOOKING for drama, aren't you?

Gotta make our fun in the quaratine

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 27, 2020, 13:40 (1490 days ago) @ Claude Errera

;p

Problem solved

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, March 27, 2020, 16:50 (1490 days ago) @ Claude Errera

But, Would not gravity just slowly unravel it as it sits there?

Problem solved

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 20:41 (1490 days ago) @ Vortech

Actually, not really (especially if there's a second small stake on the outside). Or a cage. Here's an example.

[image]

Problem solved

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, March 28, 2020, 15:01 (1489 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Actually, not really (especially if there's a second small stake on the outside). Or a cage. Here's an example.

[image]

I only buy free-range toilet paper.

Problem solved

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2020, 11:14 (1490 days ago) @ ZackDark

Depends on if you live in the northern hemisphere or southern.

Problem solved

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 27, 2020, 13:03 (1490 days ago) @ ZackDark

Left side of the toilet - clockwise.
Right side of the toilet - counterclockwise.

That's the closest I can relate to the correct over direction if it is mounted horizontally.

The real question is, if there was a toilet paper unrolling game, would you use inverted controls for a under roll?

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, March 29, 2020, 09:13 (1488 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Thank you.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:46 (1487 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I am not dead, but I'm not sure this is living either. Should that change, I'll possibly post about it, or at worse... someone else will.

Maybe.

[image]

[image]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well that sounds kinda dark man. If you need to vent, even if it is here, you should do it. People here take a genuine interest in each other. It is a weird holding pattern for sure though.... groundhog day.

It's gonna get better! It just may not happen as fast as everyone wants it to.

Thank you... again.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 30, 2020, 18:40 (1487 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Well that sounds kinda dark man. If you need to vent, even if it is here, you should do it. People here take a genuine interest in each other. It is a weird holding pattern for sure though.... groundhog day.

It's gonna get better! It just may not happen as fast as everyone wants it to.

Heh... Dark!?! Oh...I guess... yeah I can see it. I guess it's all relative. Point of it all is, I'm fine. And a Thank You for the nod. The simple gesture. I might not be where I want to be, but I'm exactly where I need to be. Plus, with all this madness and the inmates running the asylum, I'm probably in a better mindset then most. Possibly. Plausibly.

On the upside, now I have plenty more time to try and figure out long tolerated problems I have had with my PC for years. Hardware? Drivers? Overheating? Power Settings? Group Policy? Windows 10 Updates F*n everything up? It's a good time. Maybe I'll Reinstall Windows. Maybe I'll say F it and give Duel Boot a try with some Linux Distro (since I don't think I have the proper kit for a passthrough). No doubt, it should keep me plenty busy. Tests. So many tests. Aida64, Memtest, so on so on.

So if you see me playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I'm probably doing something with (aka waiting for) my computer.

How are you doing?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 17:23 (1491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I’m well! Thanks for asking!

Mostly not much has changed for me. I’m an automotive tech, we’re considered essential, so no closure. I work for a small business; the boss is being really great, offering time off if we want it. He’s prepared and say we can hold out for a while without a lot of business. Unless this thing drags on for months and months, my job is secure. That said, we’re staying moderately busy so far. People still need their cars fixed.

The rest of my life is continuing mostly as normal. I live out in the boonies and mostly just chill at home anyway, so nothing has really changed in that regard.

I’ve abandoned Destiny wholesale again. I was excited for Trials, but couldn’t stomach the power level climb to get there. I still have fun when I play, but I’m just not wired to be able to just enjoy it without trying to level up the season pass or get my power level up. But when I focus on doing those, I end up not having very much fun. I’m finding that Apex Legends has my competitive shooter needs filled anyway. Borderlands 3, which I bought at release but didn’t play much of, it’s filling the other side of my looter shooter needs. I’m enjoying it a whole lot more than I did initially. Thanks stabbim for convincing me to jump back in!

I also started playing Dirt Rally 2.0 again, and rigged up a proper handbrake for my wheel setup. It’s essential in Dirt Rally, and searching for the B button on the steering wheel mid-turn sucks, so I’m happy to have a “real” handbrake. The game is tons of fun, just an incredibly visceral racing experience. It’s the DOOM of racing games.

Speaking of, I also got Doom Eternal. It’s very good! I also don’t like it very much. The combat is absolutely phenomenal and it’s gorgeous, but everything else about the game sucks. The platforming feels fine, it’s just not any fun at all. The writing completely misses all of the charm and irreverence of the first game. I honestly don’t think I’ll finish it. It makes me wonder if a lot of the charm and tone of the first game was a complete accident, or if it’s just something that’s impossible to recreate for a sequel.

But that’s okay, because I also bought Animal Crossing, and I love it. I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game before, but I fell hard for Stardew Valley, so I assumed I’d like it. And I do! I really dig the loop of just collecting things and creating things and customizing my island and house. For all of my bitching about having to do chores in Destiny, of course I’d fall for a game that’s all about doing actual chores.

I’m also looking forward to that Control DLC!

I hope everyone can make it through this with relative ease!

Control Game Sidenote

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 26, 2020, 17:48 (1491 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The DLC has been released for PS4 & PC... but for Xbox One...

Q: When will The Foundation expansion launch on Xbox One?
A: The Foundation launches on Xbox One on June 25th, 2020.

Quite a gap, eh? I have yet to find out why this is so. For now, all Xbox gets is the quality of life fixes in the universal update they just dropped yesterday.

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 14:53 (1487 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m well! Thanks for asking!

:)

Mostly not much has changed for me. I’m an automotive tech, we’re considered essential, so no closure. I work for a small business; the boss is being really great, offering time off if we want it. He’s prepared and say we can hold out for a while without a lot of business. Unless this thing drags on for months and months, my job is secure. That said, we’re staying moderately busy so far. People still need their cars fixed.

That is good to hear. I'm mentally exhausted from work but still thankful that I'm able to and have income during this period when many do not. Perspective is everything. It could be better but it could be SO much worse.

The rest of my life is continuing mostly as normal. I live out in the boonies and mostly just chill at home anyway, so nothing has really changed in that regard.

I’ve abandoned Destiny wholesale again. I was excited for Trials, but couldn’t stomach the power level climb to get there. I still have fun when I play, but I’m just not wired to be able to just enjoy it without trying to level up the season pass or get my power level up. But when I focus on doing those, I end up not having very much fun. I’m finding that Apex Legends has my competitive shooter needs filled anyway. Borderlands 3, which I bought at release but didn’t play much of, it’s filling the other side of my looter shooter needs. I’m enjoying it a whole lot more than I did initially. Thanks stabbim for convincing me to jump back in!

I also started playing Dirt Rally 2.0 again, and rigged up a proper handbrake for my wheel setup. It’s essential in Dirt Rally, and searching for the B button on the steering wheel mid-turn sucks, so I’m happy to have a “real” handbrake. The game is tons of fun, just an incredibly visceral racing experience. It’s the DOOM of racing games.

Speaking of, I also got Doom Eternal. It’s very good! I also don’t like it very much. The combat is absolutely phenomenal and it’s gorgeous, but everything else about the game sucks. The platforming feels fine, it’s just not any fun at all. The writing completely misses all of the charm and irreverence of the first game. I honestly don’t think I’ll finish it. It makes me wonder if a lot of the charm and tone of the first game was a complete accident, or if it’s just something that’s impossible to recreate for a sequel.

Lol that was amusing to read. "It's good! I hate it!"

I kid. Totally get what you mean. The story in this one is much harder to... ignore than the 2016 version. That said, I'm the 5% that liked the story so what do I know haha. I really just wanted more arenas to slaughter demons and I got it (and a nice sound track) so I can't complain. I like most of the new combat things they added and have been thoroughly enjoying the memes on reddit/r/doom

It's my version of "git gud" for the souls people out there.

But that’s okay, because I also bought Animal Crossing, and I love it. I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game before, but I fell hard for Stardew Valley, so I assumed I’d like it. And I do! I really dig the loop of just collecting things and creating things and customizing my island and house. For all of my bitching about having to do chores in Destiny, of course I’d fall for a game that’s all about doing actual chores.

Of all the times to have a switch, this is it I think. I won't get one until I get a new Metroid game.

I hope everyone can make it through this with relative ease!

We will!

How are you doing?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 27, 2020, 07:51 (1490 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Hey friends!

Been a little bit, but I still check the forums from time to time even though I don't play.

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Healthy (as far as I know)--isn't that really the only important answer?

Are you stuck at home?

Yes. I bugged out a day before my company made us bug out--about two weeks ago. My county is one of the hotspots in my state. There's lots of tech, and apparently a Biogen meeting in Boston helped spread it down here. I was an early adopter of sheltering in place.

Are you working?

Yes, and hopeful that that continues. My company makes statistical software, and they've got many large clients around the world, including many governments, and we're trying to help people who are trying to help. Don't know if we technically qualify as essential, but I know there is lots of support work being done.

Yes to raiding, but not this week. Not playing as much as I thought I might theoretically, and I think that's because I've found working from home exhausting. Learning to break up the time better.

Do you need to vent?

Idiots that don't take this seriously need to get a grip. They could be killing people. I've got a good friend who, if you can believe it, is even older than me, and he was casually galavanting around his usual haunts up until even a week ago. A week before that he had poo pooed my concerns regarding our regularly scheduled meal together. He's got cardio issues! I was worried about infecting him, but after he recounted his adventures, I began to be more concerned that he might be a carrier. SMH.

Do what's recommend--for Claude and all the other old folks if not for yourself.

Do you need anything?

If it comes to it, protection. I hope some of you have ammo. (I kid, I kid [he said, laughing nervously].)

Are you ok?

Yes, so far. I'm not at super high risk, but I had pneumonia in my 20s at what was probably the peak of my fitness and I wanted to die. Don't want to face this virus in my 50s. I'm anxious for the world, but I also know this will end. Hope normal doesn't look too different at that point.

Thanks for posting Rev. Give my best to your lovely wife.

How are you doing?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 27, 2020, 09:38 (1490 days ago) @ Kermit

Do you need anything?

If it comes to it, protection. I hope some of you have ammo. (I kid, I kid [he said, laughing nervously].)

You've got my number.

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 15:05 (1487 days ago) @ Kermit

Hey friends!

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Healthy (as far as I know)--isn't that really the only important answer?

Maybe... you can be physically healthy and still have other needs lol

Are you stuck at home?

Yes. I bugged out a day before my company made us bug out--about two weeks ago. My county is one of the hotspots in my state. There's lots of tech, and apparently a Biogen meeting in Boston helped spread it down here. I was an early adopter of sheltering in place.

Are you working?

You are a smart man, I don't care what Korny says ;)

Yes, and hopeful that that continues. My company makes statistical software, and they've got many large clients around the world, including many governments, and we're trying to help people who are trying to help. Don't know if we technically qualify as essential, but I know there is lots of support work being done.

Work is work. If you can make a paycheck right now, there are plenty of others who can't right now. But I know you appreciate that. Glad you can work from home!

Yes to raiding, but not this week. Not playing as much as I thought I might theoretically, and I think that's because I've found working from home exhausting. Learning to break up the time better.

Do you need to vent?

Idiots that don't take this seriously need to get a grip. They could be killing people. I've got a good friend who, if you can believe it, is even older than me, and he was casually galavanting around his usual haunts up until even a week ago. A week before that he had poo pooed my concerns regarding our regularly scheduled meal together. He's got cardio issues! I was worried about infecting him, but after he recounted his adventures, I began to be more concerned that he might be a carrier. SMH.

I think that most folks are past that in my town. There was a lot of resistance early in the month when a huge fitness festival was essentially closed to the public but they had the right idea when they basically said something to the extent that regardless of WHEN they started shutting things down it was going to be "you didn't start soon enough" so why not start as early as they could when they DID know. So I'm happy our politicians in state "get it" and it's bipartisan.

Do what's recommend--for Claude and all the other old folks if not for yourself.

lol

Do you need anything?

Are you ok?

Yes, so far. I'm not at super high risk, but I had pneumonia in my 20s at what was probably the peak of my fitness and I wanted to die. Don't want to face this virus in my 50s. I'm anxious for the world, but I also know this will end. Hope normal doesn't look too different at that point.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, changes for society after all this. There WILL be an after. I'm not an optimistic person but I find myself truly hoping that GOOD changes come out of this. For people, and the environment.

Thanks for posting Rev. Give my best to your lovely wife.

Of course! It won't be long before we all get to hang out again :)

thanks for asking!

by Oholiab @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 08:59 (1490 days ago) @ Revenant1988

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?
Are you working?
Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

The Oholiab clan is well and well-supplied. I've been working from home for two weeks, and my workload is full at the moment. None of our clients have pulled the plug, and I'm thankful for that.

We are not stuck at home - no shelter-in-place orders - but schools, restaurants, and places of public gatherings are closed.

We have much for which to be thankful. We are all healthy, and we have what we need. Two of the kids are homeschooled anyway, so there has literally been no change to their schedule. Your Accomplice, who was homeschooled for years, attends a school that quickly transitioned to online learning, so he's adjusted well even though he misses his friends. Mrs. Oholiab and I are enjoying more time together and more time with the kids.

I'm one of those immunocompromised persons who need everyone else in society to stay healthy, so please be wise in your decisions to socialize and travel. And wash your hands!

Many of you know that we take the Bible at face value - it claims to be the very word of the Creator. In light of that, we find hope, peace, and rest in passages such as Psalm 46:1:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though it's waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling"

Side notes - anyone up for carrying me through the Pit of Heresy this weekend?? I've never tried it, and I have an exotic quest to complete...

+1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 27, 2020, 09:13 (1490 days ago) @ Oholiab

And I'd also like to do Pit of Heresy, but I don't know if I can carry anyone.

+1

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 27, 2020, 09:41 (1490 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll probably be on late to night. Feel free to invite me it you are on and want to run it. We can play and complain about how these millenials are trying to kill us with their germs.

Same.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 27, 2020, 10:10 (1490 days ago) @ bluerunner

Not that I'll ever attempt flawless, but I know enough about it to help people out. Message me on XBL(I get it on my phone) and if I'm awake, I'll be there!

thanks for asking!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 15:08 (1487 days ago) @ Oholiab

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?
Are you working?
Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

The Oholiab clan is well and well-supplied. I've been working from home for two weeks, and my workload is full at the moment. None of our clients have pulled the plug, and I'm thankful for that.

We are not stuck at home - no shelter-in-place orders - but schools, restaurants, and places of public gatherings are closed.

We have much for which to be thankful. We are all healthy, and we have what we need. Two of the kids are homeschooled anyway, so there has literally been no change to their schedule. Your Accomplice, who was homeschooled for years, attends a school that quickly transitioned to online learning, so he's adjusted well even though he misses his friends. Mrs. Oholiab and I are enjoying more time together and more time with the kids.

I'm one of those immunocompromised persons who need everyone else in society to stay healthy, so please be wise in your decisions to socialize and travel. And wash your hands!

Many of you know that we take the Bible at face value - it claims to be the very word of the Creator. In light of that, we find hope, peace, and rest in passages such as Psalm 46:1:

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though it's waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling"

Side notes - anyone up for carrying me through the Pit of Heresy this weekend?? I've never tried it, and I have an exotic quest to complete...

Good to hear! It seems crazy on the face of it that there are so many people where life isn't really any different or hasn't been impacted by this in any meaningful way. It is good that you are aware of that and thankful. I have a hard time in this watching folks struggle with this stuff when there isn't anything they could have done anyway.... life is just like that sometimes.

Stay safe and sane!

How are you doing?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 27, 2020, 11:22 (1490 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Hey, Rev! Long time. Miss you guys!

We're all healthy. Life isn't that different than it was before this all started... with the exception of social gathering at night (and that actually turns out to matter).

No trivia nights. No plays. No talks at Town Hall (we volunteer there, so we end up seeing a half-dozen talks a month there, in normal times).

No Thursday night dinners with Nico.

No Sunday night movie nights.

We talked about 'remote watching', where everyone watches the show at the same time, but in their own home. We rejected that pretty quickly. I mean, 80% of the fun of watching stuff with other people is the other people.

Becky is busier than she's ever been; her work went from routine to crazy when this got bad. (She works for a bail fund - they're now totally focused on getting as many people out of pre-trial incarceration as possible, because jails are just incubators these days. You shouldn't be forced to be sick - or die - because you don't have money to bail yourself out.) She's being pretty careful, though - it's sort of amazing to see the new routine. She comes back inside, everything she wears goes right into the wash. Everything gets wiped down - the car (which I'm rarely in any more) smells like bleach all the time.

I think once we come out the other side of this thing, maybe the best part is gonna be that everyone will be in the habit of washing their hands. I told someone yesterday, I've probably washed my hands more in the past 3 weeks than in the previous 25 years.

Costco is STILL out of toilet paper. America, you're stupid.

How are you doing?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2020, 12:46 (1490 days ago) @ Claude Errera

1. Ration your pooping. Go every other or every three days.
2. Squat. Use something like the squatty potty or just squat on the bowl. You will get more complete and cleaner elimination and require less paper to wipe with, if any at all.

Cody's expertise knows no bounds..

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 27, 2020, 14:26 (1490 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I kid because I love.

Cody's expertise knows no bounds..

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 12:59 (1486 days ago) @ Kermit

I kid because I love.

I mean, I've literally been pooping my whole life. I think I know a thing or two.

Your advice says otherwise

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 10:24 (1485 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Who poops once every three to four days? YEESH!

Your advice says otherwise

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 12:44 (1485 days ago) @ someotherguy

Biological regularity can (emphasis on can) be once every 5 days or up to 5 times in one day and still be considered healthy. There is significant variance based loads of factors such as diet and other health considerations. One should talk to their healthcare provider about it tho.

Yikes

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:53 (1485 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Neither of those sound fun

How are you doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 15:24 (1487 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hey, Rev! Long time. Miss you guys!

We're all healthy. Life isn't that different than it was before this all started... with the exception of social gathering at night (and that actually turns out to matter).

No trivia nights. No plays. No talks at Town Hall (we volunteer there, so we end up seeing a half-dozen talks a month there, in normal times).

No Thursday night dinners with Nico.

No Sunday night movie nights.

We talked about 'remote watching', where everyone watches the show at the same time, but in their own home. We rejected that pretty quickly. I mean, 80% of the fun of watching stuff with other people is the other people.

Glad to hear you guys are OK. I legit had concerns with you being the part of the country you are. It hasn't been much a change for me, but my wife is way, way less OK with all this. She is a social butterfly and not enjoying being stuck at home. She's basically a golden retriever and I have to take her out for walkies.

Becky is busier than she's ever been; her work went from routine to crazy when this got bad. (She works for a bail fund - they're now totally focused on getting as many people out of pre-trial incarceration as possible, because jails are just incubators these days. You shouldn't be forced to be sick - or die - because you don't have money to bail yourself out.) She's being pretty careful, though - it's sort of amazing to see the new routine. She comes back inside, everything she wears goes right into the wash. Everything gets wiped down - the car (which I'm rarely in any more) smells like bleach all the time.

Glad she's OK and taking steps to protect herself. It is weird how this is affecting areas of society that people don't think about at first. Ohio has suspended most all court hearings but I don't know about those locked up waiting. Our Governor has been providing updates specifically for our prison systems which I found interesting....

I think once we come out the other side of this thing, maybe the best part is gonna be that everyone will be in the habit of washing their hands. I told someone yesterday, I've probably washed my hands more in the past 3 weeks than in the previous 25 years.

Gross.

But yeah, I agree and have said similar to folks. After all of this, we should be pros at washing hands after sneezing, coughing, using the bathroom etc.

Yep!

The stores around here are starting to have a supply of basic things again like canned foods, bread\milk. TP is hit and miss. FRESH FOOD IS EVERYWHERE.

We made the mistake of shopping for regular groceries like the day before our state leaders declared it was time to start winding things down... we just didn't think it would be as crazy as it ended up being.

I will say this: I'm proud that in the store we shop at, the candy and soda isle were like, untouched. Meaning, people were stocking up on healthy things and not Mountain Dew and Reese Eggs (which I only thought about doing) lol.

How are you doing?

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 15:08 (1486 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I would just like to say my household totally stocked up on stuff that is totes bad for us (over 200 just at the liquor store, but they are still open as an essential service) but only because we were pretty much fully stocked on everything else already. Gotta keep those staples flowing.

How are you doing?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 16:33 (1486 days ago) @ Harmanimus

(over 200 just at the liquor store, but they are still open as an essential service)

That is some legal kung fu right there.

How are you doing?

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 17:02 (1486 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They fall under the “Convenience Store” umbrella. It isn’t that strong of kung fu.

How am I doing?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, March 30, 2020, 15:48 (1487 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Guess I didn't think to ask myself these things..... but hey, why not now?

So. COVID-19.

How are you?

Rev is OK. Not much is different and day-to-day the only things are aren't 'normal' for me is that I wake up 5 minutes before my shift and login for work, and I can't go to the gym after which reallly is the only thing I miss right now.

We've been trying to buy a house and had a couple in early march fall through that would have been perfect LAN houses (which is the only reason I would want a house lol) but just didn't get them. Now the market is in this weird holding pattern.... hopeful that we'll find something when things stabilize and the market is less shy.

Are you stuck at home?

Mostly. I can do all my work from home. I have been out a couple of times to check things in the data center (temperatures, security etc) but beyond that I only go to get groceries or if the weather is nice, a motorcycle ride around country roads.

Are you working?

Yes, thankfully. I'm an IT guy and I work for state government so my job is more or less ensured right now and I'm considered 'essential' being the sole firewall admin for my agency (yay?) so as long as we're providing service to citizens, I have a job. I know many others do not, so even though I'm stressed from suddenly having to get all 1000 employees on VPN in like, a day, I have a paycheck and somehow am saving money in all this. I'm thankful. It could be so much worse, very easily.

I am my own best friend.
A social interaction camel, you might say.

I still have projects I can work in my downtime that don't require going anywhere. I even squeezed in time for gaming which I have not done for months.

Do you need to vent?

I'm tired. For the past YEAR (professionally) I've been working on crisis after crisis, fought fire after fire, and in February completed a HUGE project that was looming all last year. I was ready for a break, and then this stuff happened and mentally, I just was not ready. Checked out. But I made it happen and did what was required. Professionally I'm just burned out. Overtime means nothing to me. Comp time is worthless because at this rate, I'll never get to take it lol.

I'm sick of people and politicians who didn't take this seriously. I'm sick of huge corporations and banks whining that they can't survive without help, knowing how many people need actual help. I'm irritated that the best our Federal Government could think to do is cut people a $1200 dollar check, like that is going to help. It is going to take MORE, and needs spread out over time. I'm sick of dipshit conspiracy theorists. I'm sick of idiot anti-vaxers. We're in this together folks, remember that.

I'm bummed that one causality in all of this is that my community Makerspace (think of like a gym, but instead it has a woodshop, laser cutters, welding, 3d printing etc) is closed and we've been notified is probably not going to survive after this is all done. While I'm not social much, this is one thing I DO have in terms of community and if it dies, I'll be really sad. I'm hopeful they'll survive or it will be replaced but not optimistic.

Do you need anything?

Not really. Just need to keep being active when can. A home workout is better than no workout. Also need to keep up the work\home balance (so far so good!)

Are you ok?

Yes.

How am I doing?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 30, 2020, 21:14 (1487 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Thanks for filling us in, Rev. I do think we'll be better for this.

All the best, my friend.

How am I doing?

by Oholiab @, Monday, March 30, 2020, 21:37 (1487 days ago) @ Revenant1988

A social interaction camel, you might say.

This describes me so very well. Can I steal it?

I’m glad you started this thread and checked in on everyone. I’m impressed that you followed up on every response individually. Stay well.

2 Months Holiday at 80% Pay

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 10:25 (1485 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by someotherguy, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 10:46

Rolled out nationwide, and a 1-3 month rent/mortgage holiday for many.

Granted the circumstances could be better, but the weather is nice(ish), and my backlog has been calling me. My only real concern is food, as there are still shortages and large queues at most stores.

Inb4 something something socialism bad.

How are you doing?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:05 (1485 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by General Vagueness, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 17:20

How are you?

That's a loaded question.

Are you stuck at home?
Are you working?

No and yes, I have a better job now but I'm still working retail. Hey, can't beat thousands of dollars in the bank.

Hahahahaha. Social.

Do you need to vent?

No, thanks for asking though. I really needed it a while back when I lost someone but I got through it.

Do you need anything?

Nothing I'm likely to find here.

Are you ok?

I'll be fine.

What about you? We've had friction, or I've had friction with you, but I think it's noble to ask this so I'll ask you back. Are you alright?

How are you doing?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, April 02, 2020, 09:33 (1484 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Hey friends!

So. COVID-19.

How are you?
Are you stuck at home?
Are you working?
Do you need to vent?
Do you need anything?
Are you ok?

My wife has Asthma so we just started self-quarantining as soon as we realized what might happen. Fortunately we don't have many cases up here yet, but our goal is not to leave the house for as long as possible. That means cooking from the pantry as much as possible. Realistically we don't go out that much so not that much has really changed for us.

I haven't felt a desire to load up Destiny except maybe to play with some of you folks, but so far I've been able to play other games with people from here (Apex Legends, MCC). Keep safe everyone!

I don’t recommend moving during a pandemic

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, April 02, 2020, 09:51 (1484 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Luckily it all went pretty smooth. But spending a bunch of your savings right as the economy takes a big hit is stressful.

I still have to go into work (essential employee who *can’t* work from home) but luckily everyone else in my area is working from home. So still pretty isolated day to day.

Enjoying a lot of Apex right now, although I hopped back into D2 for IB and had way more fun than I thought I would!

How are you doing?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 10:29 (1478 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread