A glitch, worth trying on the IO bunker (starting tomorrow) (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 06, 2020, 16:25 (1479 days ago)

This may have already been fixed - it was found right after the Moon bunker opened, so it's possible Bungie did something about it in one of the recent hotfixes - but it's worth checking, anyway.

Background:
Bunkers have 7 levels of upgrades (use warmind bits to buy upgrades, which give you chipsets - 7 chipsets get you a new bunker level). Each time you level a bunker up, you get a powerful engram - except for the 7th upgrade, which gives you a pinnacle engram.

Someone discovered that if you upgrade the bunker on one character (to a level below 7), but don't pick up the engram, once the bunker hits 7, that engram converts from a powerful to a pinnacle.

SO:

Upgrade the bunker through 4 levels on any character. Pick up the engrams as you go (you have to, otherwise you can't add more chipsets). If you only have 2 characters, go to level 5 at this step. (If you only have one character, ignore this whole post.)

On your first character, upgrade the bunker one level (to 5, if you've got 3 characters, or 6, if you've got 2). DO NOT PICK UP THE ENGRAM.

Switch to your second character. The engram you earned on the last character will not be available, but you WILL be able to upgrade the bunker. Do so, one more level. DO NOT PICK UP THE ENGRAM (unless you've only got two characters).

Switch to your third character. Upgrade the bunker to its 7th level. Pick up the pinnacle.

Switch back to your other characters - the engram waiting for you will be a pinnacle for each.

All of these engrams must be picked up during the same week. (Do not upgrade a bunker and then forget to pick up the engram before the week ends; you will lose it.)

What this means, in real terms, if you don't have a stockpile of Warmind Bits:

Do not upgrade your bunker past level 4 until you have enough chipsets to upgrade it all the way through 7. (That means have 21 chipsets in your inventory before you complete level 5.)

Hope this helps!

A glitch, worth trying on the IO bunker (starting tomorrow)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 06, 2020, 17:19 (1479 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Stop exploiting oversights and play the grind as Bungie intended :-p

Stonks!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 06, 2020, 18:23 (1479 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thanks for the tip. I’ll give it a try!

Followup: it works

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 10:55 (1478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

My luck continues - the three pinnacles were two energy weapons and a kinetic weapon - but the glitch works, so folks with better luck might do better. ;)

Enough Chipsets?

by squidnh3, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 13:04 (1478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

What are you doing to get enough chipsets to already max the Io bunker to 7? I played a ton the last 2 weeks and only got the Moon bunker to 5.

Enough Chipsets?

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 16:41 (1478 days ago) @ squidnh3

What are you doing to get enough chipsets to already max the Io bunker to 7? I played a ton the last 2 weeks and only got the Moon bunker to 5.

Well, a big one is getting a bunker (any bunker) to max level. The bonuses make the difference - I get 40+ bits every couple of Gambit games, 25 bits every couple of Crucible games, 30+ bits every other strike or so.

I also grab the bunker bounties every day; they're things I'd mostly do anyway (kills with x weapon, or kills of y enemy), and they give you 54 bits/daily or 12 bits/extra.

When I went into Io's bunker today, I had around 15,000 Warmind Bits. I was down to 12,000 after upgrading the bunker to level 7.

Enough Chipsets?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 19:01 (1478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Well, a big one is getting a bunker (any bunker) to max level. The bonuses make the difference - I get 40+ bits every couple of Gambit games, 25 bits every couple of Crucible games, 30+ bits every other strike or so.

I also grab the bunker bounties every day; they're things I'd mostly do anyway (kills with x weapon, or kills of y enemy), and they give you 54 bits/daily or 12 bits/extra.

When I went into Io's bunker today, I had around 15,000 Warmind Bits. I was down to 12,000 after upgrading the bunker to level 7.

[image]

My mind just exploded.

I do all the daily bounties(except for the crucible-only one) and all the repeatable bounties until I either A) run out of Glimmer and don't have enough PM's for Spider, or B) Get burned out and have to play something else, and I barely get 400 per day, usually less. I don't do strikes constantly(except for Heavyweight day) but bits there are a 1 in 3 chance. How do you possibly have so many!?

Enough Chipsets?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 20:31 (1478 days ago) @ Morpheus

[image]

My mind just exploded.

I do all the daily bounties(except for the crucible-only one) and all the repeatable bounties until I either A) run out of Glimmer and don't have enough PM's for Spider, or B) Get burned out and have to play something else, and I barely get 400 per day, usually less. I don't do strikes constantly(except for Heavyweight day) but bits there are a 1 in 3 chance. How do you possibly have so many!?

I don’t play as much as Claude, but I got my Io bunker fully upgraded with ~3500 chips to spare. The thing that actually slowed me down a little was lack of Phaseglass Needles. I was about 120 short, so I ended up running around on Io for 45 minutes to collect them.

As Claude said, the big help is fully upgrading the previous bunker. I got the Earth bunker maxed out within 2 or 3 days, then just played like usual and I had more than enough chips to fully upgrade the moon bunker when it unlocked. So with that done so early, I was even further ahead today for the Io bunker.

Enough Chipsets?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 00:59 (1478 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Jeez. Maybe it really is a time thing. I couldn’t finish the moon bunker until this Sunday morning. I think I had maybe 50 bits after. And you DON’T use the bottom chipset upgrade, right?

Enough Chipsets?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 01:06 (1478 days ago) @ Morpheus

Jeez. Maybe it really is a time thing. I couldn’t finish the moon bunker until this Sunday morning. I think I had maybe 50 bits after. And you DON’T use the bottom chipset upgrade, right?

Not sure I know what you mean by “bottom chipset”. Chipsets are the currency that you get from buying your bunker upgrades, right? You buy upgrades, which gives you chipsets, and then you use those chipsets to rank up your bunker and unlock extra perks. But once you’ve bought all the upgrades, it will have given you precisely enough chipsets to rank up to rank 7, which is as high as you can go. Unless I’m missing something?

Enough Chipsets?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 02:46 (1478 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

There is a unique chipset for each planet. Once you have fully upgraded you can use your bits to buy chipsets in groups of 7. (At the bottom of the upgrades screen.) you can upgrade past 7 but I’m not sure what use it is to do so. The engrams after 7 are only powerful I think. Early on I upgraded my EDZ bunker to 8 but haven’t seen any benefit so I decided on concentrating my bits to upgrades for the other bunkers.. maybe there is something later?

Enough Chipsets?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 10:23 (1477 days ago) @ CougRon

There is a unique chipset for each planet. Once you have fully upgraded you can use your bits to buy chipsets in groups of 7. (At the bottom of the upgrades screen.) you can upgrade past 7 but I’m not sure what use it is to do so. The engrams after 7 are only powerful I think. Early on I upgraded my EDZ bunker to 8 but haven’t seen any benefit so I decided on concentrating my bits to upgrades for the other bunkers.. maybe there is something later?

Unless I’m mistaken, those chipsets that you can purchase are only available after you’ve already maxed out your bunker, and you essentially trade them in for a gear drop. So you’re basically just buying a drop. They’re not useful in the process of ranking up your bunkers or anything like that, far as I can tell.

Enough Chipsets?

by squidnh3, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 04:37 (1478 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

As Claude said, the big help is fully upgrading the previous bunker. I got the Earth bunker maxed out within 2 or 3 days, then just played like usual and I had more than enough chips to fully upgrade the moon bunker when it unlocked. So with that done so early, I was even further ahead today for the Io bunker.

Ah, so the fact that I have basically zero upgrades on the EDZ bunker is probably the issue.

Enough Chipsets?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 11:55 (1477 days ago) @ squidnh3

Ah, so the fact that I have basically zero upgrades on the EDZ bunker is probably the issue.

Most likely, yeah. Once you buy those upgrades, the chips start rolling in at a decent rate.

Enough Chipsets?

by squidnh3, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 12:03 (1477 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, I didn't realize (but didn't try very hard to realize) that previous week's bunkers could still be upgraded when it wasn't "their week". Now I've at least got the EDZ one about getting Warmind Bits for completing vendor challenges activated, after missing out on a bunch.

Enough Chipsets?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 14:11 (1477 days ago) @ squidnh3

What you want to make sure you do is on each bunker reduce the cost of your up grades first by selecting the rightmost upgrades first. Then do the upgrades that get you bits for activities or reward you more bits, I remember it by going every other upgrade from right to left. Once you get those upgrades start concentrating on the rest. Although I do have ro admit on the moon and the edz I got the warframe upgrade early on before I got the bit upgrades to help me out on stuff.

Enough Chipsets?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 03:00 (1478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I got my Io bunker fully upgraded today too. Just barely had enough. I overshot though and didn’t try the glitch.

Incidentally whatever day you start the io bunker is the best chance you got to get the clear all bunkers in a day triumph. The first day of the bunker involves no fighting so all you have to do is clear two other bunkers. After that first day I think io goes to a ‘normal’ bunker clear where you will have to fight through all three which would be a large time investment for some. (Not too hard for me actually but I still can’t clear any without dying a few times)

Another fun Season of the Worthy bug...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 21:51 (1478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Apparently, Tractor Cannon affects the energy ball thing on the Seraph Tower event, making it so you only need to land five charges instead of six. Might make that secret triumph this season a tiny bit easier.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the pinnacle reward bug! I am reasonably close to being able to pull this off. Just need another 1,000 warmind bits.

-Disciple

Let’s throw a Telesto in the mix and see what happens ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 23:39 (1478 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread