AS:U Co-Op & D2 Assistance (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 15:43 (1447 days ago)

Before I get to the main topic, a preamble (of sorts). I was looking through my list of games, and I said... ya know, I've got all these Assassins Creed Games I've collected over the years from the "Free if you have Gold" program Microsoft has. Figured now is as good a chance to give'm a try as any. So I chose to give Unity a shot. That's the one in late 1700's France where obviously nothing eventful happened. It's ok. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, as even with many of the very public bugs smoothed out, there are still some very rough edges. At times the controls for this game feel like I dipped my controller in a vat of syrup, just so sticky. Obnoxiously, frustratingly, dang-it-stop-doing-x-and-do-y, sticky. Which is a shame, as it's a lovely game all in all.

First three sections are kind of rough, but after that it became easier to find a groove on how the game plays. But then there is something that happens that is new (to me) that I think is quite cool. I'm going to put a spoiler tag over it, as it's best experienced with the surprise I got from it, as it's these little moments that actually got me to invest into the game, the "experience".

The moments where you jump temporarily into different points of time. The inner historian in me LOVES these all too brief moments. The first jump was a interesting change of pace. It really brought home, at least to my mind, how things changed. And then in the 2nd instance... even though I KNEW it was coming... chills. SOLID CHILLS. SOOOO GOOD! I know not of any others at the moment.

With that, I'm now fairly invested, and want to give Assassins Creed: Unity a good run.

That's where the Co-OP comes in. This game has, as far as I can tell, Co-Op missions that can support up to 4 total players. I have yet to play ANY Co-Op, While I could matchmake, It would be nice if I could get my bearings with folk I already play abunch with. Anyone here play this? How was/is the netcode? Just wanted to extend that olive branch and see if anyone else is willing to run around in 'creed and stab things in the face...or what have you.

Then, there is the Assistance. I still have a few things to achieve so that I can get the "Guardian Games" Exotic. Thing is, I'm SOOOOO done right now when it comes to Lone Wolf stuff in Destiny 2. So this is a call for anyone still jumping around in Destiny 2, if you'd be willing to help me out with this, let me know. (Not sure how many of us are still in Destiny 2 at the moment).

Thanks!

AS:U Co-Op & D2 Assistance

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 17:07 (1447 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don't really foray into the billions of games under the AC Franchise, but in terms of Destiny 2, I'll do anything except Trials. I'll do the raids if you have the people, but I prefer to do them in order, so if you have a 6th, I'll back out until I'm ready.

While we’re on Assassin’s Creed

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 19:16 (1447 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They just announced the new installment, Valhalla. I’m definitely interested!

I’ve also gone back to Odyssey. Is worth checking out. I don’t like it as much as Origins (I just think it’s too big and a little unfocused), but it’s still a great game. It’s fun to just explore around and take over forts. I like the sort of rudimentary politics system (which is rumored to be expanded in Valhalla). I put like 40 hours in and barely have seen half the map in the game. It’s ridiculously big.

I thought about picking up Unity. I guess I’ll still think about it, I’m not sure I’m in for it right now. Still have too much Witchering to do. (:

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 19:43 (1447 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ve also gone back to Odyssey. Is worth checking out. I don’t like it as much as Origins (I just think it’s too big and a little unfocused), but it’s still a great game. It’s fun to just explore around and take over forts. I like the sort of rudimentary politics system (which is rumored to be expanded in Valhalla). I put like 40 hours in and barely have seen half the map in the game. It’s ridiculously big.

I thought about picking up Unity. I guess I’ll still think about it, I’m not sure I’m in for it right now. Still have too much Witchering to do. (:

I still go back to Odyssey every few days (my daughter is obsessed with it. She loves fighting her way through all the forts) and I’m still blown away by how massive and beautiful that game is. I agree that it’s a bit less focused than Origins. But it also takes the platform laid out by Origins and goes further with it in some awesome ways. The DLCs are pretty spectacular too, purely from a visual sense. They’re total repeats of the same mechanical formula as the main game, but they dive deep into fantasy world in terms of the locations. It isn’t a spoiler to say that one of them takes place in Atlantis (it’s the name of the DLC).

[image]

And similar to how Origins explored the Egyptian afterlife with its DLCs, the Odyssey DLCs take you through the Greek Afterlife. One of the realms is straight-up Dreaming City 2.0, and it’s stunning:

[image]

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 03, 2020, 20:08 (1447 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The DLC was the main reason I’ve been picking away at it again. It looks really great. I honestly might just jump straight in if I can, it’s not like I care about the story at all. I think I’m looking for my mother right now? I can’t remember.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, May 04, 2020, 16:41 (1446 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The full season pass (which is all the DLC, I think) is on sale for $20, for like another twenty minutes. I bought it.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 09:28 (1445 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’ve totally forgotten how combat works in this game. I’m playing on Easy and still getting my ass kicked. The new enemies in the DLC spam their abilities constantly and use their unblockable attacks constantly. I relied on partying a lot (and nearly maxed out the skill that gives me health back for it), but that straight up doesn’t work on the new enemies. They constantly use that area of effect ability that takes away my adrenaline meter. I feel like I can’t actually get any hits in because I’m always dodging that ability or their unblockable attacks.

Elysium is gorgeous, though. It’s really great too have a good sized area with all the base game mechanics without the overwhelmingly huge map of the base game.

Hopefully I can relearn the combat, because it’s honestly not that fun right now.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 09:43 (1445 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I forget what I did. I must have had a build that worked for me. I remember those guys where really annoying, but I never fought more than a couple of them at one time so I could get at them so that they couldn't spam that ability.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 04, 2020, 14:17 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

True! As a matter of fact, it MAYYY be part of the reason why I looked into playing an Assassin’s Creed something.

Can't speak how big in comparison Unity is to those games (though it's likely the map is smaller), but I can say that all the historical greatest hits are there. One of the big draws for me of the Assassins Creed Franchise is the use and rendering of Historical elements as a framework for their stories. For the most part, I couldn't even care about the us-V-them faction nonsense, though as mentioned in my OP, they did do some interesting stuff that blends the two aspects together which I'm a big fan of. I hope there is more.

Witchering, eh? Well then, in that case you'll be done when the wind stops howling.

by Oholiab @, Monday, May 04, 2020, 19:58 (1446 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My daughter and I loved the coop missions in Unity. They were pretty challenging in a fun way. We might be up for a run through if time works out.

We are currently playing through Odyssey. Wow... the breadth of that game confounds me. We are both really enjoying it, but missing the coop aspect.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 13:11 (1443 days ago) @ Oholiab

My daughter and I loved the coop missions in Unity. They were pretty challenging in a fun way. We might be up for a run through if time works out.

We are currently playing through Odyssey. Wow... the breadth of that game confounds me. We are both really enjoying it, but missing the coop aspect.

Noted. Odyssey, as I understand it, is far more RPG invested in its gameplay yes?

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, May 08, 2020, 07:57 (1442 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Noted. Odyssey, as I understand it, is far more RPG invested in its gameplay yes?

That’s correct. To me it was like AC, The Witcher 3, and Breath of the Wild had a baby. It is a very different game from the AC of yesteryear. That said, Odyssey usurped AC2 as my favorite AC game

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 05, 2020, 08:55 (1445 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Before I get to the main topic, a preamble (of sorts). I was looking through my list of games, and I said... ya know, I've got all these Assassins Creed Games I've collected over the years from the "Free if you have Gold" program Microsoft has. Figured now is as good a chance to give'm a try as any. So I chose to give Unity a shot. That's the one in late 1700's France where obviously nothing eventful happened. It's ok. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, as even with many of the very public bugs smoothed out, there are still some very rough edges. At times the controls for this game feel like I dipped my controller in a vat of syrup, just so sticky. Obnoxiously, frustratingly, dang-it-stop-doing-x-and-do-y, sticky. Which is a shame, as it's a lovely game all in all.

First three sections are kind of rough, but after that it became easier to find a groove on how the game plays. But then there is something that happens that is new (to me) that I think is quite cool. I'm going to put a spoiler tag over it, as it's best experienced with the surprise I got from it, as it's these little moments that actually got me to invest into the game, the "experience".

The moments where you jump temporarily into different points of time. The inner historian in me LOVES these all too brief moments. The first jump was a interesting change of pace. It really brought home, at least to my mind, how things changed. And then in the 2nd instance... even though I KNEW it was coming... chills. SOLID CHILLS. SOOOO GOOD! I know not of any others at the moment.

With that, I'm now fairly invested, and want to give Assassins Creed: Unity a good run.

That's where the Co-OP comes in. This game has, as far as I can tell, Co-Op missions that can support up to 4 total players. I have yet to play ANY Co-Op, While I could matchmake, It would be nice if I could get my bearings with folk I already play abunch with. Anyone here play this? How was/is the netcode? Just wanted to extend that olive branch and see if anyone else is willing to run around in 'creed and stab things in the face...or what have you.

Then, there is the Assistance. I still have a few things to achieve so that I can get the "Guardian Games" Exotic. Thing is, I'm SOOOOO done right now when it comes to Lone Wolf stuff in Destiny 2. So this is a call for anyone still jumping around in Destiny 2, if you'd be willing to help me out with this, let me know. (Not sure how many of us are still in Destiny 2 at the moment).

Thanks!

I'm willing to help with the D2 stuff. I need some help, too. I might even be up for Assassin's Creed, since I own like 20 of them (and I've yet to launch one).

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 13:17 (1443 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm willing to help with the D2 stuff. I need some help, too. I might even be up for Assassin's Creed, since I own like 20 of them (and I've yet to launch one).

Well, for Assassin's Creed Unity, you would need to get past the set up phases and what not, but If you're on Destiny, feel free to throw an invite. Provided I'm not in deep on a mission (for whatever-a-game), I'll drop right in.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread