Xbox Series X Gameplay Event (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 07, 2020, 11:04 (1447 days ago)

Did anyone else watch it?

I watched the first few minutes on YouTube then used that fast forward feature pretty heavily. The games didn't look that fun to me. They were showing off their third party developers. I'm pretty dang excited about Halo Infinite, but I'm mostly excited for Flight Simulator. Have you seen that?? Friggin amazing.

I really like the feature where you can buy a game for XBONE or series X and they will play on both at appropriate resolution. You don't have to buy two games for two consoles.

How do you think Destiny fits into the new upcoming generation?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 11:24 (1447 days ago) @ ManKitten

It was pretty crap.

That said, The Ascent looks like a neat enough co-op distraction for Gamepass, and the Medium marks the great return of Akira Yamaoka (RIP PT).

I really like the feature where you can buy a game for XBONE or series X and they will play on both at appropriate resolution. You don't have to buy two games for two consoles.

It's neat, but really highlights how you can hold off on buying the XSX for at least a year, given that so much of your library will move forward after launch. I'm probably just going to buy an Xbone X.

Hard to say. All XSX games have to be fully compatible with launch Xbones as far as cross-gen gameplay goes, so I don't think we can write off higher framerates. Probably just Native 4k and super fast load times (well, as fast as their network hamsters can run).

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 13:05 (1447 days ago) @ ManKitten

Watched the first few minutes. Stopped at the overenthusiastic, "Wow-Golly-Gee" from a person clearly saying their lines and had (possibly) no idea where their segment was going to be placed in editing. All the cool stuff will be reported after the fact anyway.

...also I'm adding this tweet here because of a VERY loose justification granted by the word "generation"...

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 17:29 (1447 days ago) @ ManKitten

I thought it was decent for what it was. I think a lot of the stuff they showed looked interesting. Bright Memory, Vampire The Masquerade, Chorus, Call of the Sea. I want to know what the hell Scorn is, that trailer was gross.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread