Bungie has a crappy sense of humor (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 16:40 (1442 days ago)

Got an exotic drop today, it has the highest roll on any piece of armor I've ever gotten...

...on the most useless exotic in the game! Oh, Bungie.

[image]

Could’ve been worse...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 18:01 (1442 days ago) @ Claude Errera

... it could’ve been one of the Aeon pieces.

Great stat number though... giggity!

Nice ;)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, May 07, 2020, 21:46 (1442 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I got out of bed to make this post.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 08, 2020, 00:35 (1441 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Got an exotic drop today, it has the highest roll on any piece of armor I've ever gotten...

...on the most useless exotic in the game! Oh, Bungie.

[image]

WU! Dagsnabit! ...I HOPE you didn't shard this. Useless!? The nerve, THE NERVE! I admit it's not the most sexy Warlock exotic out there, but hey, this sucker can SING if you know how to tickle it right. If you make a build to complement its virtues.

For those of us who don't run Warlock, what STARFIRE PROTOCOL does (as in the perk on it yadayada,) is give an extra Fusion Grenade and return grenade energy from damage made in a empowering rift. Fusion Grenade kills also grant Rift energy.

Please note the highest stat on this roll. 24(!) Discipline, which is for grenade recharge! That's good!

Sometimes I use middle tree, which means I can throw out healing orbs for myself and my team. Plus, with empowering rift & Jade Rabbit, you can have all sorts of fun. Not in a team helping mood? Just want to floof around in PVE and hammer of dawn all the things?! Top tree, Devils Ruin or Prometheus Lens. And while I haven't played with it yet, you can straight up AC130 with Heir Apparent (if you have it).

Again, I know this exotic isn't the most sexy thing on face value, but it can be pretty good if you play with what the game gives ya to play with. All in all, you got a winner here WU! Please tell me you didn't shard this. As far as exotics go, you a God Roll with the high stats, plus the stat that complements the exotic perk its self!

...*sigh*...

Ok, I'm going back to bed now. (∪。∪)。。。zzz

He's Right, Dude.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, May 08, 2020, 07:39 (1441 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Anything that grants double grenades or double melee is far from useless.

Rifts in Control? While holding down a zone? Pulse Rifle with Rangefinder or a good Scout??

Mayhem!?

Yeah.

He's Right, Dude.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, May 08, 2020, 09:53 (1441 days ago) @ Morpheus

Rifts in Control? While holding down a zone? Pulse Rifle with Rangefinder or a good Scout??

Mayhem!?

Yeah.

But they're fusion grenades. I haven't used non AoE grenades in years. :(

Everything is AoE if you fill the play volume with it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 08, 2020, 11:32 (1441 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

He's Right, Dude.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, May 08, 2020, 11:34 (1441 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Mayhem!?

Yeah.

But they're fusion grenades. I haven't used non AoE grenades in years. :(

Try it with Empowering Rift in Sorrow’s Harbor. I was surprised at how well it works with all three Solar trees. Constant cycle of grenades, big damage, and Supers (not even mentioning the Laurels).

Also, I tried it out without Fusions, and it does feel like the other grenades also benefit from the empowering cooldown buff, though that may be tied to the tree I was using at the time. Maybe not worth the exotic slot if you’re not running Fusions, but the constant Empowering Rifts alone are a huge deal in PvE.

Words are funny

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, May 11, 2020, 16:19 (1438 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, May 11, 2020, 17:18

Bungie has a crappy sense of humor

(I know, its not fair to conflate one persons words to be fully representative of an entire Corporation of people)

I'm not trying to 'rattle the hornets nest' with this or stir up trouble and devolve this thread into a page long debate, re-hashing the same old arguments over, and over, and over again.
I'm looking at this strictly from an aerial view, separated from feelings, with an eye for the humor of it all.

Bungie's crappy sense of humor;

2015: "throw money at the screen."

2020: "sling some silver or bright dust back at us[Bungie]"

Finding a legitimate way,
through a "currency" exchange, a 'muddying of the waters', and a slight reselction of words,
to re-use the tRigGEr phrase "throw money at the screen"
in a similar context, to the same audience, and somehow seemingly, nobody, bats an eye at it twice?

XD

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread