Thanks for the good time last night! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 14:13 (1447 days ago)

We did Vault and Crota. It was a whole lot of fun, and good reminder of the best parts of Destiny.

Unfortunately, I must have started new characters at some point and then not made it very far. I’m only at 290. Kings Fall requires 390, so I have some work to do to be able to do it. I’m seriously thinking about it, though. I had a lot of fun running through some old strikes.

Also, I never got Rise if Iron on Xbox. It’s still $30, though!

Thanks for the good time last night!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 14:41 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We did Vault and Crota. It was a whole lot of fun, and good reminder of the best parts of Destiny.

Unfortunately, I must have started new characters at some point and then not made it very far. I’m only at 290. Kings Fall requires 390, so I have some work to do to be able to do it. I’m seriously thinking about it, though. I had a lot of fun running through some old strikes.

I enjoyed it! It was like old home week.

Wait, what?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 17:02 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Max light in D1 was 400; I would be shocked if the raid required 390 (there was an expansion after that).

Hmm... looks like Normal has recommended 290, hard mode recommends 310.

Wait, what?

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 17:08 (1446 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Max light in D1 was 400; I would be shocked if the raid required 390 (there was an expansion after that).

Man, what did I see that was 390 then? In any case, my light was low enough that it wouldn’t even let us start King’s Fall on Normal.

Are the Age of Triumph versions 390?

Wait, what?

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 17:22 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I believe it said normal was 290, hard was 310, and harder hard (why not give it its own cool name like Legendary in Halo, or Insane in Gears?) was 390.

Wait, what?

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 10:39 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Man, what did I see that was 390 then? In any case, my light was low enough that it wouldn’t even let us start King’s Fall on Normal.

Are the Age of Triumph versions 390?

I guess I'd completely forgotten about the Age of Triumph version. That doesn't explain why the game wouldn't let you START on Normal.

I'm lost. And sad - that was my favorite D1 raid, in the end!

Huh. Just checked out raid.report, I had 8 Normal clears, 23 Hard (310) clears, and 4 Hard (390) clears. Difference between fastest runs on Hard (310) and Hard (390) was 24 minutes - i guess it wasn't that much harder! :)

I still remember swearing I'd never run it again after my first time through the Tomb Ships.

Wrath of the Machine difficulties were 370, 380, and 390. I guess I'd forgotten how late that came out!

Wait, what?

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:20 (1446 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I think maybe I still had some year one VOG weapons equipped, so my level was lower than my actual max level. It has to be that, I guess, because I have King’s Fall armor and weapons on that character. Just wasn’t paying enough attention, I suppose.

King’s Fall is such a good raid. I only did it a handful of times, but it was my first blind raid, so it’ll always feel special.

Same here!

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:32 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

His Max Light Was 259.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 20:11 (1445 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So yeah, he wasn't goin' anywhere. lmao

Plus King's Fall increases throughout, ending at either 300 or 310. So just question marks, like the REAL old school. XD

It was fun though, minus the embarrassment of my Right Bumper crapping out on me. The swordmaster's gotten rusty!! ;-(

His Max Light Was 259.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 21:01 (1445 days ago) @ Morpheus

So yeah, he wasn't goin' anywhere. lmao

I’ll have to see where I can get. I have a few KF weapons that were in the vault, and have some armor at 290. I might be able to make something work.

I’m not sure exactly how power drops work in D1 anymore, especially without having ROI. I wouldn’t be opposed to playing to get leveled up to do KF if people really want to do it.

I'd join.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 21:22 (1445 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think i have almost full KF armor sets, even. (Well, at least my Hunter does. My Titan's missing a helmet, I deleted it because it was so ugly... and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple of pieces of Warlock armor.)

His Max Light Was 259.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:23 (1445 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Morpheus, Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:49

[image]

Still have this on my old phone...XD

[image]

10/10, would do again

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, May 09, 2020, 23:58 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Thanks for the good time last night!

by squidnh3, Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:39 (1446 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sounds like fun! I got an invite from Snipe after you guys were done, but I was in a Trials match and by the time that was over you guys had moved on to other games. I'll keep an eye out for future events.

So, for next time.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, May 11, 2020, 04:39 (1445 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm thinking a quick flawless raider run on Crota, followed by King's Fall (Hard 310).

Sound good everyone?

Well, Unless We Kick The Host Out...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:24 (1445 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Even if Cheap played D1 nonstop ALL week, he still doesn't have the King's Fall Normal clear, and we'd have to do that first, remember?

Nope, I just checked.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, May 11, 2020, 18:14 (1444 days ago) @ Morpheus

It let me start KF on hard and I've never beaten normal mode. It also doesn't take very long to get to 310 light, I wouldn't worry about it.

Nope, I just checked.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 11, 2020, 21:54 (1444 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

I guess not. XD

It was your gamertag that was flashing; you brought it up yourself. 'Players do not have access to this activity.'

Nope, I just checked.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, May 11, 2020, 22:45 (1444 days ago) @ Morpheus

No, I think it was me flashing, due to my light level. He was flashing when we had Hard VoG selected. Not sure why he’d be allowed to do Hard KF, though. Did they get rid of the normal clear requirement for King’s Fall?

So, for next time.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:24 (1445 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)
edited by Kermit, Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:37

I'm thinking a quick flawless raider run on Crota, followed by King's Fall (Hard 310).

Sound good everyone?

So, for next time.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:29 (1445 days ago) @ Kermit

Snipe still hasn't had the experience of banging his head against a wall for hours upon hours and not completing the raid. We should give him that.

So, for next time.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:51 (1445 days ago) @ bluerunner

Snipe still hasn't had the experience of banging his head against a wall for hours upon hours and not completing the raid. We should give him that.

Heh. Special Pandemic Edition. Now with bonus features including new mechanics and commentary by Morpheus.

So, for next time.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, May 11, 2020, 18:12 (1444 days ago) @ bluerunner

I mean everything was pretty easy, especially on Crota. We shouldn't have any trouble with that. And it helps that the first part is the hardest part.

So, for next time.

by squidnh3, Monday, May 11, 2020, 20:40 (1444 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

I mean everything was pretty easy, especially on Crota. We shouldn't have any trouble with that. And it helps that the first part is the hardest part.

Just make sure, if you happen to be trying it with 5 people, to set the fireteam to invite only.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread