So this feels... bad. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 21:22 (1415 days ago)

I mean, Thundercrashing Titans are WALLS of energy. And I punched this one in the back and killed him before he even really took off.

That seems... mean.

You Monster

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 01:09 (1415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Probably extra powerful because of the elemental weakness

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 07:02 (1415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Pretty sure that was only a thing in the beta...

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 08:48 (1415 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

What seems more likely here is he got shotgunned by Claude's teammate and the melee finished him off.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 09:03 (1415 days ago) @ squidnh3

What seems more likely here is he got shotgunned by Claude's teammate and the melee finished him off.

It's hard to tell, frame by frame... but you're probably right. The timing, if that's what happened, is pretty amazing; he loses all of his health in a single frame, so the shotgun blast (if there was one) happened within a 30th of a second of my punch.

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 10:05 (1415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's hard to tell, frame by frame...

I was just looking at the two double kill-single shot snipes I got on our Trials run last week. You tell me if they seem legitimate:

Here's another one I found amusing at the time, and even more amusing after reviewing it:

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 12:15 (1415 days ago) @ squidnh3

It's hard to tell, frame by frame...

I was just looking at the two double kill-single shot snipes I got on our Trials run last week. You tell me if they seem legitimate:

This one's close. You clearly got the guy behind... but the front guy had his elbow in the shot when you fired, and took a full frame to get his head in front of your bullet.

Yeah... no.

Here's another one I found amusing at the time, and even more amusing after reviewing it:

This is great. I'm guessing that was less of a rage-quit and more of a calculated "fuck playing this guy" quit.

My contribution that match.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 13:38 (1415 days ago) @ squidnh3

That one match was so infuriating. Let's all sit in our spawn every round and try to snipe them.

My contribution to the win. 0 Kills, 4 Deaths, Lots of bagging. For some reason, I couldn't even get assists this game lol.

Unless it has changed since this tweet...

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 11:56 (1415 days ago) @ squidnh3

Only thing I got wrong was that the energy type doesn't have to match.

Unless it has changed since this tweet...

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 13:02 (1415 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Only thing I got wrong was that the energy type doesn't have to match.

The Forsaken Release Patch Notes say "Energy weapons no longer deal bonus damage to active enemy Supers."

Not a clue about whether that change was applied to melees. Trying to search for information about this issue is practically impossible. The only surefire way to know how it behaves now is to test in a private match.

So this feels... about right.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 14, 2020, 09:47 (1415 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You were playing as a Warlock. /Thread ^_^

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread