Extra Life (and an Exo Print!) – Post your submissions here (Destiny)

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 20:14 (3830 days ago)

//SIG_INT/DAT_STRM_INJECT/COMM.AI.DBO.SEKHMET //MODE/EN
//BEGIN-TX

Greetings, Guardians!

First, let me apologize for my lack of communication as of late. I have been rather busy procuring some /articles of interest/ to better prepare you for the journeys ahead. Things are only going to become more frenetic from this point forward. Are you ready?

The first /piece of loot/ ready for distribution is an 11"x17" giclée print of an Exo titan by Jamie Jones (limited edition of 20, unnumbered):
[image]

One lucky Guardian will win this print, and there are two different ways to /put your name into the hat/, both of which support the Extra Life Destiny Community campaign playing in support of the Seattle Children's Hospital this weekend.

-- Method 1: Make a donation to the Destiny Community Extra Life campaign. There is no minimum amount, and each person will get one entry in the drawing. The amount you donate and the number of times you donate have no impact on your chances of winning. (Of course, don't let that stop you from giving generously - it's a good cause!). When making the donation, please include two things in the comment box: The contest hashtag:
#dboTV and your DBO forum name.
(Without these, we are unable to track your entries.)

-- Method 2: If you are unable to make a donation for any reason, then simply help spread the word by using your Twitter account to tweet the following message, and then post a reply in this comm thread with a link to your tweet:

Let's help @dbo_tweets and the #Destiny community support the Extra Life campaign (and enter to win an Exo print)! http://bit.ly/1bXTQWo

The submission deadline is 1383494400 (0800 PST on Sunday, November 3rd, 2013), at which point all entries will be collected and a winner will be chosen at random using my very own—and excellent—random integer generator.

As a participation bonus, those Guardians who responded to my roll call, submitted artwork for me, or participated in this week's dboTV livechat will earn an additional entry for each of these in the selection pool.

Good hunting, Guardians!

//END-TX

Task Completed

by 3of9 ⌂ @, Earth, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 20:22 (3830 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Mission complete. Awaiting new orders.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 21:06 (3830 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Well totally missed the "comment" box while filling it out. Here is a screenshot, however i'll shoot out a tweet as well!

Tweet: Link

Extra Life Screenshot:
[image]

Extra Life (and an Exo Print!) – Post your submissions here

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 22:55 (3830 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Are the bungie logo and the destiny logo on the print?

Negatory

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 00:16 (3830 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are the bungie logo and the destiny logo on the print?

That's just the version that was posted online; the print is unmarked.

Cheers.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 04:54 (3830 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Donated $25 and left "Much love for a good cause. <3 #dboTV Stephen Laughlin" in the message box.

by Lekku, Canada, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:47 (3829 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

by ZionCypher, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 08:07 (3829 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Really wish I could help y'all with your Extra Life stream but I am pulling my own together for Guild Wars 2. I wish you the best of luck!

Here is my tweet: https://twitter.com/CrypticTale/statuses/395567426621825024

by mynameisbyf, Thursday, October 31, 2013, 18:11 (3828 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

donated under my DBO forum name.

Great idea for supporting the campaign guys!

Random Number Generator Warming Up…

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 19:09 (3825 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

//BEGIN-TX

I am generating an exceptionally random number to pick our winner. Results to be posted here in the morning.

//END-TX

Random Number Generator Warming Up…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 03, 2013, 21:00 (3825 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

[image]

Classic

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, November 04, 2013, 07:07 (3824 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

And the WINNER is…

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Monday, November 04, 2013, 15:40 (3824 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

//BEGIN-TX

I love generating random numbers. I should do this more often.

The winner of the limited edition Exo print from the Ghosts in the Machine art gallery is Lekku!

Congratulations! You have 48 hours to contact Beorn at bungie.org with a mailing address so that he can ship it out. Failure to report in within the specified window will constitute a forefit and another winner will be chosen from the original data set.

//END-TX

Thank you, everyone!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, November 04, 2013, 16:04 (3824 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone for participating in our giveaway. The Extra Life and Child's Play organizations are supporting a really great cause and it's wonderful that the Bungie/Destiny community could get together to back them (before Destiny has even shipped, even!). Congrats to everyone for a job well-done, and thanks for playing along with us. :)

Thank you!

by Lekku, Canada, Tuesday, November 05, 2013, 06:01 (3823 days ago) @ Beorn

Thanks so much, I don't even know really what to say!

Beorn, I sent you a message through your profile, although now that I think of it that possibly may not be the right one, so I will send another to the address mentioned in the post, so please excuse the duplicate if they are the same.

Thanks again!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread