"The Lie" quest is bugged. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 18, 2020, 00:46 (1411 days ago)

Yikes

dmg04 on twitter

"If you're respawned at Eris when interacting with the Lie quest node on the Moon, you're in a bugged state.

Will investigate first thing in the morning, and get you updates asap.

If you're getting through this step without issue, let us know."

Bungie just can't seem to buy a win these days :-/

"The Lie" quest is bugged.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 18, 2020, 01:53 (1411 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yikes

dmg04 on twitter

"If you're respawned at Eris when interacting with the Lie quest node on the Moon, you're in a bugged state.

Will investigate first thing in the morning, and get you updates asap.

If you're getting through this step without issue, let us know."

Bungie just can't seem to buy a win these days :-/

How do they expect us to buy their $10 weapon ornament if we can’t even do the obnoxious grind for the weapon in the first place?

If I needed the hard drive space, I might have just deleted Destiny at this point. I think I’m just going to log on strictly to grind out the Bright Dust to continue sticking it to their Eververse grifting. I’m about 70% sure Bungie will walk back on their Sunsetting garbage, but if they don’t... a broken Community Quest for an old gun doomed to be obsolete before the next year’s content is done- is one heck of a good metaphor.

It’s weird that other Live Service games such as Remnant: From The Ashes, Deep Rock Galactic, Warframe, Apex Legends, Final Fantasy XIV, Fortnite, Rainbow Six: Siege, and even Division 2, are all hitting home runs this year in terms of having a great product, and somehow continuing to improve their games while working from home, and simultaneously communicating well with their communities...

And then we have Bungie, whose project leads only peek out of their holes to deliver more bad news in a game where every single thing they’ve been putting out is a dud, while their lambs are sent out to continue to deliver the long-decayed horse that is “we’re listening”, as they refresh Eververse every season with more overpriced content that they think will keep players engaged in their pseudo-horde-mode-of-the-season.

Even their “not half-baked” Trials has been a disaster, and it took them over two years to fix.

You should try Apex again, Nevin. It’s in the best state it’s ever been right now (unless you’re a Pathfinder main, but hey, we manage).

by cheapLEY @, Monday, May 18, 2020, 05:30 (1410 days ago) @ Korny

You should try Apex again, Nevin. It’s in the best state it’s ever been right now (unless you’re a Pathfinder main, but hey, we manage).

It truly is amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever played a game that hits the same way as Apex. Literally every time I play the game I am astounded by how good it is, I notice one more thing that shows how thoughtful they are when it comes to balance and how the game feels to play.

I’m not sure any game can match the intensity of something like the game we had last night, where every time we turned around we faced down a new squad. We won that game, and it was incredible. Apex is the rare game where we could have died at any point during that match and it would have still felt good, been just as compelling an experience. We died within two minutes of dropping how many times last night? And it was never frustrating. Every single match is different, and every death feels like learning something. There is no equivalent to the other team running a super train on you for three minutes straight and not being able to do anything about it, at least not that I’m aware of. Even getting third-partied, which the thing I see the most complaints about, never feels frustrating to me. It always feels like a lesson in awareness, and it’s nearly always preventable by smart play.

I truly think Apex is one of the best multiplayer games ever made. I understand why folks don’t like it with the looting phase and sometimes slow ramp into the action, but I have never played anything that feels quite as tense (in a good way). They haven’t always got it right with the monetization, but I think they’re in a good spot with that right now, for the most part (I still think $18 for weapon skins is silly, though).

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 18, 2020, 10:33 (1410 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It truly is amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever played a game that hits the same way as Apex. Literally every time I play the game I am astounded by how good it is, I notice one more thing that shows how thoughtful they are when it comes to balance and how the game feels to play.

It's also one of those games where the weapon balancing feels great. They don't just nerf the popular meta, they retool it and the weapons around it. They cycle weapon hop-ups, they shift power weapons into the normal sandbox, and buff solid weapons into power weapons. It genuinely feels refreshing to experiment every season. I never thought I'd see the day where I'm dumping a Flatline to be able to run with a Mozambique.

I’m not sure any game can match the intensity of something like the game we had last night, where every time we turned around we faced down a new squad. We won that game, and it was incredible. Apex is the rare game where we could have died at any point during that match and it would have still felt good, been just as compelling an experience. We died within two minutes of dropping how many times last night? And it was never frustrating. Every single match is different, and every death feels like learning something. There is no equivalent to the other team running a super train on you for three minutes straight and not being able to do anything about it, at least not that I’m aware of. Even getting third-partied, which the thing I see the most complaints about, never feels frustrating to me. It always feels like a lesson in awareness, and it’s nearly always preventable by smart play.

Whether you die 10 seconds in (lol dropping Salvage), 15 minutes in, or you just barely miss those final shots that would have won the game, it never feels like there was a balance/fairness issue. You always had a solution available, even if that solution was "Do not engage in a gunfight with your fists" (which, honestly, isn't always a bad decision). Losing in Apex pretty much always feels deserved, and you can always check the damage report to understand exactly why you lost an engagement, and learn from it.

I truly think Apex is one of the best multiplayer games ever made. I understand why folks don’t like it with the looting phase and sometimes slow ramp into the action, but I have never played anything that feels quite as tense (in a good way). They haven’t always got it right with the monetization, but I think they’re in a good spot with that right now, for the most part (I still think $18 for weapon skins is silly, though).

Check out these clips!

Repositioning on an enemy has never felt so satisfying:

A Finisher that I would have gladly paid real money for:

My teammate bringing his fists to an entire squad:

When they bringing that 9-round mag Mozambique back?

A Caustic in an enclosed space is a scary thing:

Sammy clipping through the Supply Ship and taking on a Duo in a home invasion horror flick:

And finally, this three-way fight/rescue operation that highlights the neat ebb and flow of encounters that play out regularly in the game.

Unfortunately I ran out of online storage for the game where 7 of my 11 kills were with the Mozambique. Should have some footage later.
[image]

Meanwhile, Back In Redmond...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, May 18, 2020, 06:59 (1410 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Out of curiosity

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, May 18, 2020, 08:48 (1410 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Is there no exotic perk on the Lie? It's just a really really good shotgun? Reminds me of MIDA and that sniper from TTK that made the nyooom sound.

I actually kinda like most of the exotics that are just "hey this isnt weird or unique or gimmicky, its just the perfect version of this gun so you only get one".

Out of curiosity

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 18, 2020, 10:40 (1410 days ago) @ someotherguy

Is there no exotic perk on the Lie? It's just a really really good shotgun? Reminds me of MIDA and that sniper from TTK that made the nyooom sound.

I actually kinda like most of the exotics that are just "hey this isnt weird or unique or gimmicky, its just the perfect version of this gun so you only get one".

It isn’t an exotic, just a legendary. The big deal about it is the combination of perks that it comes with make it look, on paper, like the ultimate PvP shotgun. It even comes with “Shot Package”, a perk that was so good in D1 that they ended up removing it from the game. We’ll see how it actually plays soon enough, but everyone is expecting it to be a beast in the crucible.

Out of curiosity

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, May 18, 2020, 21:51 (1410 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ah, for some reason I thought that I'd seen it was exotic. That makes sense though.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 18, 2020, 11:02 (1410 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Bugs suck, plain and simple. I think I can speak for most anyone at Bungie when I say that it hurts to see stuff like this ship. We absolutely want to build amazing experiences from beginning to end, but things just don't fly the right way sometimes.

We're working on improvements internally. We definitely see the bugs shipping and how they're impacting the experience. This isn't a matter of test specifically, mind you. I have to applaud our folks on the amount of bugs that don't ship. This one in particular, we're even having issues reproducing it internally. Sometimes it's tools, sometimes it's timelines, sometimes it's random things we could never have caught in our limited amount of dev time.

Thank you for your service [person who completed the most public events @ 583] in helping to get the community step done. Hope to get things back on track quickly.

[~dmg04]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played a dozen or so of these events. Not one was completed, for a number of blueberry reasons, but also because NUMBERS! If you don't have a large group it's irrelevant. This of course takes something that's already burned out, and pushes it face first into the dirt.

Ugh.

Looks like the quest bug has taken the moon bunker with it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 12:19 (1409 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Players are reporting on Reddit that if you have “the Lie” quest active on one of your characters, that character will not be able to manually open the moon bunker doors, meaning you can’t clear the bunker. You’ll need to switch to a character who does not have the quest active in their pursuits.

Looks like the quest bug has taken the moon bunker with it

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 15:08 (1409 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Players are reporting on Reddit that if you have “the Lie” quest active on one of your characters, that character will not be able to manually open the moon bunker doors, meaning you can’t clear the bunker. You’ll need to switch to a character who does not have the quest active in their pursuits.

I thought I'd read that someone tried abandoning the quest, and they STILL couldn't enter - so you need a character that never even picked up the quest, not just one that doesn't have the quest active.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 20:57 (1409 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's bugged, and it'd bugging me.

I decide to do the Vostok mission thing, poked around and such. It was over pretty quickly. I saw the next step appear, which was Shotgun Telemetry. I said out loud "Lemme guess, you have to get a thousand shotgun kills in Cru—" Quest page pulls up, and there it is, at 0%. I decide to check Braytech to see what the exact number would be needed.

And I shit you not.

[image]

This game, I swear...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 21:15 (1409 days ago) @ Morpheus

Looks like fun! I already regret making the hard drive space, I can’t believe I’m missing out on such important and amazing seasonal content.

How’s that thing with the Almighty going? Nothing? Still too busy playing catch with Rasputin?

I'm INSANEdrive, and this is my favorite post in the thread.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:46 (1408 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Looks like fun! I already regret making the hard drive space, I can’t believe I’m missing out on such important and amazing seasonal content.

How’s that thing with the Almighty going? Nothing? Still too busy playing catch with Rasputin?

There was no need for and /s tag, and it's glorious! I mean, it may get lost in the future, but right now...

Perfection.

Just to clarify

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 22:09 (1409 days ago) @ Morpheus

It’s 1000 shotgun kills, not 1000 shotgun kills in crucible. You can earn progress in crucible, but you can do it all in PvE as well.

In fact, if you do it in Crucible, it’s 100.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 22:47 (1409 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

aka 3 games

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:05 (1408 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Getting killed 100 times doesn't count. Be on the other end.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:47 (1408 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Thanks for your sacrifice

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 12:07 (1408 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:29 (1408 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I can be your redshirt baby.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:43 (1408 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

If I knew that before pounding the Castellum

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:02 (1407 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Good content

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 07:17 (1408 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Just to clarify

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:37 (1408 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, yeah, I saw...it's just that my head exploded that this is where it's come to; where I can 100% nail the next grind in a quest. Considering I usually say my thoughts out loud, the fact that the game proved my guess right mid-sentence is almost comedic in its timing.

Speaking of shotguns, I guess this is as good a time as any to say this—I know everyone's going to say it's irrational or selfish; or that I should just do it too; or that not a single person here has ever run into this problem or how much fun it is for them(making them the problem)m but I want to get it off my chest anyway—I paid for a first-person shooter with RPG elements and interesting story, not a fucking Slip-N-Slide. Sliding in this game needs a cooldown....SO goddamn bad.

Reminds me of OG thorn/exotic swords quests

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 09:39 (1408 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread