Looking for New Clan. Application Within. (Destiny)

by Simpsons Rule @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 12:12 (1437 days ago)

I'd like to get back into Destiny 2 but I need a new clan. I used to have a core group of people to raid with but over time people lost interest (as they do) and relying on LFG is very hit or miss. Some of the most fun I've had playing Destiny was doing blind runs of new raids (King's Fall, WotM, and Leviathan) and drunk raid nights (the best of which was a grand tour of all Destiny 1 raids).

Is the DBO clan active and how "chill" are raid runs? I'm all for spending hours wiping on the same boss to learn the mechanics as long as the group is having fun and not getting hostile with one another (see my self deprecating video below of my first time running relic)

If that seems like a good fit, is there room for at least two new members? I play Destiny with my fiance so we're kind of a package deal and it looks like the clan is at 97/100 members.

-SR

Hello!

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 12:43 (1437 days ago) @ Simpsons Rule

I don’t control the knobs of clan access but I’d like to say welcome.

Things to know ahead of time:

• In the forums we’re a crotchety bunch of old fans with prickly opinions. When playing together, it’s super chill, for the most part. People here are super helpful.
  • our activity level has died down a lot as of late, however, if you instigate an activity by setting it up a few days in advance, there’s usually enough interest to launch it. Just don’t expect to see everybody online all the time

Enjoy your stay.

Looking for New Clan. Application Within.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 15:15 (1437 days ago) @ Simpsons Rule

If that seems like a good fit, is there room for at least two new members? I play Destiny with my fiance so we're kind of a package deal and it looks like the clan is at 97/100 members.

There's room for both of you. And as Chickens says, it's a pretty chill experience when the majority are DBOers. There aren't a lot of regular raids any more (we have a Wednesday night group, but it's usually pretty full), but it's not too hard to fill a card if you advertise it on the FireTeam Builder (on the right here) and give it a few days. (That is: don't go looking for 5 other players on a Friday afternoon for a Friday evening raid. Folks need time for scheduling. :) )

Always nice to get long-time friends back!

Looking for New Clan. Application Within.

by Simpsons Rule @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 17:30 (1437 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There aren't a lot of regular raids any more (we have a Wednesday night group, but it's usually pretty full), but it's not too hard to fill a card if you advertise it on the FireTeam Builder (on the right here) and give it a few days. (That is: don't go looking for 5 other players on a Friday afternoon for a Friday evening raid. Folks need time for scheduling. :) )

Works for me; I always prefer scheduling raids and Iron Banner ahead of time. There should be a pending request from me and Greece Monkey. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things with everyone!

-SR

Did you bring with you any Steamed Hams?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 15:30 (1437 days ago) @ Simpsons Rule

- No text -

No but he sure can approximate an integral

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 15:44 (1437 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Simpsons Rule @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 19:00 (1436 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It was a long time before I realized my online handle referred to a mathematical principle. Is there an active Discord for the community? I joined Bungie.org Unified but it looks pretty dead.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 19:37 (1436 days ago) @ Simpsons Rule

The discord is pretty dead. It’s a far cry from the old IRC days. ):

Get in there and talk though, maybe start something up!

wait, there's a discord and a front page?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 09:11 (1436 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Yeah, and like half a Slack, too.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:17 (1436 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

We even had a podcast type thing at one point.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:49 (1436 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Podcast? pshaw. There was an DBO-TV show!

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 15:08 (1436 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

All the best shows are cancelled after one season.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, May 21, 2020, 06:16 (1435 days ago) @ marmot 1333

RIP DBO TV.

I too miss Duncan's hairdo

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 21, 2020, 09:49 (1435 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

I still watch "Undergrads" from time to time. Great Show.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 08:21 (1430 days ago) @ breitzen

This sent me to google, and I found some fun stuff

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 09:46 (1430 days ago) @ breitzen

This list had stuff I'd never heard of. Some of it is pretty good!

https://bestlifeonline.com/one-season-tv-shows/

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:06 (1430 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Firefly is the obvious one I thought about. But I completely forgot of Studio 60. That's a great show.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 11:28 (1430 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Putting stuff like People Vs OJ and the Night Of on there is misleading. These were limited series… complete stories from start to finish. They ended naturally and weren't canceled.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 12:03 (1430 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Putting stuff like People Vs OJ and the Night Of on there is misleading. These were limited series… complete stories from start to finish. They ended naturally and weren't canceled.

The title is "The best 1-season shows" - it doesn't differentiate between shows that were designed to be one season, and shows that simply didn't make it to season 2. It's only misleading if you misinterpret what they're offering. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread