Burnie Burns is leaving Rooster Teeth (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 11, 2020, 16:15 (1386 days ago)

Ok, so not EXACTLY Destiny related, but since some of us here are old HBOers of all sorts, I felt this might be at least mildly interesting.

Here is the link to his announcement.

This makes me sad

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:23 (1385 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Joel's Gone Too.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, June 12, 2020, 08:50 (1385 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

And his departure was nowhere near as voluntary.

Burnie Burns is leaving Rooster Teeth

by Simpsons Rule @, Friday, June 12, 2020, 09:34 (1385 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It makes me sad to see that Rooster Teeth isn't the same group of friends I remember watching for so many years. I would eagerly wait hours for the newest Red vs. Blue episode to download on my dial up connection when the series first started. I laughed so hard at the episode where Sarge questions being given CPR "for a bullet wound to the head" that my mom actually came rushing into my room to see if I was dying. Over the years I've continued to watch their content in cycles. The Achievement Hunter team recently posted a video where they looked introspectively on how they've handled the toxic fanbase in the past and how those decisions have affected the staff. It's very raw and emotional.

There were also recent departures of Bruce Greene and Lawrence Sonntag from Funhaus. I never read any details but Lawrence made it clear he was under a confidentiality agreement. I'm very curious what's going on behind closed doors.

-SR

Burnie Burns is leaving Rooster Teeth

by cheapLEY @, Friday, June 12, 2020, 16:58 (1385 days ago) @ Simpsons Rule

I don’t know, but they’ve become a massive media company. Things were bound to change. I’ve never been a huge fan of any of their stuff beyond the obvious RvB. I also like RWBY and genLOCK quite a bit. Never really watched or listened to much of their other content.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread