Dr Lupo's !Excellent! Interview with Luke Smith. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 13, 2020, 11:01 (1384 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, June 13, 2020, 11:14

A Twitch Streamer who, as it says on the tin here, goes by "DrLupo" had himself a one-on-one with Luke Smith. It's a pretty good interview for those of us who would like to squeeze out just a little more of what the future of the game, and perhaps even Bungie, will be. We get hints and heads up on elements of Story, Gameplay, In Studio Choices and more.

If there is something in particular you'd like to hear talked about, I went and made a linked playlist here so you can get right to whatever topic you'd like to hear about, though I highly suggest you listen to the whole thing. In that event you do just want to sit back and hear 'em talk, click The Start and sit back. ;D

The Whole thing is around 45 Min or so.

Playlist:

DISCUSS!
Edit: Tweeked the intro of my post.

And the transcript for those who prefer to read these stuff

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, June 13, 2020, 11:44 (1384 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Neat. Thanks.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 13, 2020, 19:42 (1384 days ago) @ ZackDark

Sure makes quoting things easier. That said, note that this isn't 1 to 1. It's minor, but keep in mind.

...for our players where wielding a gun in Destiny is different than it is than wielding a staff in an MMO because the staff is basically glorified stats. And our weapons team curates each legendary very bespoke, so it’s easy to find a gun that you fall in love with and you love the feel for. So the idea of it going away and not being viable in 12% of activities is hard for people to reconcile.

Has anyone seen it clarified; will D1 be cannibalized?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, June 14, 2020, 21:26 (1383 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, June 14, 2020, 21:48

Lupo Video

I grumblingly watched this video earlier in the week before you posted it. It provided some important necessary details that were appreciated, despite the method of delivery.

I may have completely missed it (very possible), it may even be answered in the subject video ^, or main reveal video, official documents

However, has anyone seen it clarified anywhere or not, for sure, will Destiny 1 be cannibalized + retired for the Destiny Content Vault?

Or will Destiny 1 remain exactly as it is now?
A totally separate un-updated Title remaining in Legacy status since ~2017

It seems like they will be cherry picking certain content, pulling it and re-working it totally separately while leaving Destiny 1 completely as-is, but I think it may be totally valid for further clarification.

Nope.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 14, 2020, 22:05 (1383 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Lupo Video

I grumblingly watched this video earlier in the week before you posted it. It provided some important necessary details that were appreciated, despite the method of delivery.

I may have completely missed it (very possible), it may even be answered in the subject video ^, or main reveal video, official documents

However, has anyone seen it clarified anywhere or not, for sure, will Destiny 1 be cannibalized + retired for the Destiny Content Vault?

Or will Destiny 1 remain exactly as it is now?
A totally separate un-updated Title remaining in Legacy status since ~2017

It seems like they will be cherry picking certain content, pulling it and re-working it totally separately while leaving Destiny 1 completely as-is, but I think it may be totally valid for further clarification.

As far as I am aware, D1 is not to be touched. All of this "Content Vault" stuff is D2 only, as the game is apparently getting to big to patch reliably. They are just taking some (not all) of the biggest legacy assets from D1, and porting it over to D2 because "one shared word".

That's how I understand it anyway.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread