Prophecy scheduling (Fireteam Builder Events)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 15, 2020, 12:44 (1404 days ago)

Hey, I was chatting with kermit when this season launched and we discussed a blind run of Prophecy the next weekend. Well that weekend has passed, but I'm wondering about the nights between this Sunday (the 21st) to the next Thursday (the 25th).

I'll be at my dad's and a little more available so happy to throw something on FTB but am feeling things out at the moment.

So who would be up for a blind or semi-blind run of Prophecy during any of those days? I'd prefer earlier (that way I could run it again not blind at reset :-p )

Prophecy scheduling

by squidnh3, Monday, June 15, 2020, 13:02 (1404 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I'm interested and available with some time restrictions (that Wednesday is out, maybe the Thursday).

Prophecy scheduling

by MeteorStriker, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:20 (1404 days ago) @ squidnh3

I can have some free time those days except for Wednesday. Not sure if I'll be able to reach above 1030, but I can do some hard grinding.

Prophecy scheduling

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 15, 2020, 13:10 (1404 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Hey, I was chatting with kermit when this season launched and we discussed a blind run of Prophecy the next weekend. Well that weekend has passed, but I'm wondering about the nights between this Sunday (the 21st) to the next Thursday (the 25th).

I'll be at my dad's and a little more available so happy to throw something on FTB but am feeling things out at the moment.

So who would be up for a blind or semi-blind run of Prophecy during any of those days? I'd prefer earlier (that way I could run it again not blind at reset :-p )

I'd be up for giving it a go, *IF* I can get my light level up to 1030 or above. I've been VERY laid back with leveling up right now, so I'm currently unsure if I'll get there by next weekend, but if I can, well... here's to this future gameplay. ;D

Prophecy scheduling

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 04:37 (1404 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'd be up for giving it a go, *IF* I can get my light level up to 1030 or above. I've been VERY laid back with leveling up right now, so I'm currently unsure if I'll get there by next weekend, but if I can, well... here's to this future gameplay. ;D

I'm 1027--my goal was 1030, but I've since heard that that might not be high enough for the final boss (not a showstopper--a successful blind event doesn't have to include finishing the first time). Thought I'd be able to play more this week, but not as sure now. Maybe by this weekend? I'm not ruling Thursday out either.

Also, bluerunner and I talked about it as well, so there might be enough people around for two blind teams.

Yeah I'm currently hitting ~1035

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:15 (1404 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm 1027--my goal was 1030, but I've since heard that that might not be high enough for the final boss (not a showstopper--a successful blind event doesn't have to include finishing the first time). Thought I'd be able to play more this week, but not as sure now. Maybe by this weekend? I'm not ruling Thursday out either.

Also, bluerunner and I talked about it as well, so there might be enough people around for two blind teams.

I'm hoping to be 1040+ BY sunday, if not more.

Prophecy scheduling

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 06:05 (1404 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm like, maybe 1010. I was in the mountains for the past few days and couldnt play. I played a little last night, but didnt make much progress. I'll try, but I have my wife's family coming in town this week, and then I have three fireworks shows to prep around the 4th. This is a busy time of year for me.

I just want to say again that the power level grind adds absolutely nothing good to this game. It's just pure frustration for me that I have to devote so much time to grinding out a number so that I can play new content.

Recommended Power Levels

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:54 (1404 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm 1027--my goal was 1030, but I've since heard that that might not be high enough for the final boss (not a showstopper--a successful blind event doesn't have to include finishing the first time).

The dungeon starts out at a recommended level of 1040 and goes up to recommended 1060 for the final encounter.

I jumped in with Claude and Nico on Tuesday (with me at around 1015 and Claude and Nico in the low 1020s IIRC) - we successfully got through the first encounter but couldn't stay alive for more than three seconds in the second encounter.

I went in again last night with Claude and Nevin. I was at 1028, Claude and Nevin were both just over 1050. We got all the way to the final encounter and were struggling there. I was definitely getting carried most of the way. I was still able to kill things even 30+ under-leveled, but it was taking me 4 hand cannon shots to kill the type of enemies that generally take one shot when on-level. After a few attempts at the final encounter, we decided to call it a night (it was well after midnight already for me and Nevin) and we're gonna go back for more in a day or two after I'm able to get to 1040-1050 at least and they will be 1060+.

Play around with mods

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:14 (1404 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Some damage resistance mods and Charged with Light buffs help quite a bit. But yes, only managed to finish once everyone was over 1040.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread