Sometimes, RNG makes me crazy. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 21:20 (1362 days ago)

Yeah, I play a lot.

Okay, so I'm at a point where I will advance much faster if I can bring my legs up to my current level (one point). That means I need Season Pass armor, Focused Umbral engrams, Prime Engrams, or powerful rewards. Okay, I've got a lot of options there.

Unfortunately, at this point in the season, I am out of legs in my season pass. Okay, no worries, just means I need to earn the damn legs.

I've got 8 Umbral engrams, and a bunch of activities left to get powerfuls for:

- Flashpoint
- Luna's Calling (mission on moon)
- Nightmare Hunt (run 3, any level)
- Nightmare Slayer (kill 30 nightmares in Sorrow's Harbor, basically run Altar once)
- Shady Schemes (finished, not picked up)
- Spare Parts (finished, not picked up)
- Vanguard Service (finished, not picked up)

In addition, I have 3 weak pinnacles left: 3 Vanguard Strikes, 3 Gambit matches, 4 Crucible Core matches. (I don't actually want to FINISH those before I fill that leg slot, because the leg brings me up a level, and those pinnacles will be 1 point higher if I wait... but I can run most of them, and earn some Umbrals as I go.)

Okay, so I run 2 strikes and 2 gambit games. 5 more umbrals. Nightmare hunts, 3 more umbrals plus the powerful. Nightmare slayer - 2 umbrals, plus the powerful. Flashpoint - 1 umbral, plus the powerful. Luna's calling - no umbrals, just the powerful.

In the process of running all that, I earned 3 more Primes.

I pull all the powerfuls in the field (moon, flashpoint). 3 drops, no legs.

Back to the tower.

I pull the 3 primes, plus the 3 vendor powerfuls. No legs.

I Focus all 19 umbrals (obviously not in one go)... no legs. Just the other 4 armor parts.

I mean... fuck. That's 25 powerful drops, 19 of them guaranteed to be armor... and NONE of them are legs.

RNG sucks.

Sometimes, RNG makes me crazy.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 21:38 (1362 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Isn’t there always at least one vendor selling at level gear?

It was Zavala for awhile, because I burned all my Vanguard tokens filling in gaps when the Umbral powerful glitch was still active.

Two per day, I think

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 05, 2020, 22:54 (1362 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not necessarily both in the Tower, though, sometimes it's planetary vendors

Two per day, I think

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 23:56 (1362 days ago) @ ZackDark

Not necessarily both in the Tower, though, sometimes it's planetary vendors

Level gear is soft-cap. (It was Zavala, today... but he's selling 1050 stuff. I need 1058.)

Well, crap

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 06, 2020, 01:07 (1362 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was hoping they went over. So you're down to Umbral and Prime that drop at-level?

Well, crap

by Claude Errera @, Monday, July 06, 2020, 01:54 (1362 days ago) @ ZackDark

I was hoping they went over. So you're down to Umbral and Prime that drop at-level?

Well, yeah... and all the regular powerfuls. (Just none on this character.)

Two per day, I think

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 06, 2020, 10:19 (1362 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Ah. I didn’t know that. I’ve never been above the soft cap. ):

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, July 06, 2020, 09:30 (1362 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Isn’t there always at least one vendor selling at level gear?

You can check in DIM by going to the vendor tab and looking for the engram icon on the name in the left column or a glowing engram next to their name in the headers of the main page.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 22:44 (1362 days ago) @ Claude Errera

RNG sucks.

Welcome to Year One wanting Hawkmoon.

by Simpsons Rule @, Monday, July 06, 2020, 05:59 (1362 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I mean... fuck. That's 25 powerful drops, 19 of them guaranteed to be armor... and NONE of them are legs.

RNG sucks.

It's incredibly frustrating for sure. RNG likes to screw me by stacking upgrades in the same slot so that I end up getting 5 pinnacle gauntlets in a row when it was the only slot I didn't need.

-SR

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 08:45 (1361 days ago) @ Claude Errera

RNG sucks.

This. I spent 840 Iron Banner Tokens (42 engrams) before I received a single IB leg armor last night. Bungie RNG sucks.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread