Matter is gonna suck (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 23:39 (1381 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 23:46

Bungie's Job openings are giving clues to Matter.

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/art/2041903/incubation-art-director

-Characters may be Whimsical / Comedic
-Character design may be cosplay focused

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/2158590/incubation-investment-designer

-There's an investment system X-p
-Necromancers means perhaps a shift to fantasy more than Sci-fi
-There's going to be loot
-There's going to be an economy

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/1985938/incubation-senior---lead-combat-designer

-Player Character Perks could mean more RPG focus

Yeah. I can't handle another loot focused investment based game. This sucks.

Reach had an investment system

by Robot Chickens, Monday, July 06, 2020, 00:39 (1381 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Reach isn't canon *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 06, 2020, 01:08 (1381 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

snickers

Apparently you can change your mind. :-)

by Robot Chickens, Monday, July 06, 2020, 13:51 (1380 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Matter is gonna suck

by FyreWulff, Monday, July 06, 2020, 02:51 (1380 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Every game is gonna have XP bars of some sort anymore. WoW's success ensured that, which is why around even Halo 3 and CoD4 FPSes started having levels w/ xp.

It's kinda hard to remember but World of Warcraft came out -after- Halo 2's release. By like two weeks, but still. The last Bungie game before WoW didn't have XP levels, the first Halo game after did.

Matter is gonna suck

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 06, 2020, 08:59 (1380 days ago) @ FyreWulff

Every game is gonna have XP bars of some sort anymore. WoW's success ensured that, which is why around even Halo 3 and CoD4 FPSes started having levels w/ xp.

It's kinda hard to remember but World of Warcraft came out -after- Halo 2's release. By like two weeks, but still. The last Bungie game before WoW didn't have XP levels, the first Halo game after did.

XP bars aren't the problem. Remember, the greatest game of all time, Deus Ex, had exp that you could use to level and progress your character.

Look at how they are constructing the game. It's going to be a live game, with an economy, loot, and an investment system.

Matter is gonna suck

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 06, 2020, 10:20 (1380 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah that’s about what I expected, but I can’t pretend it’s not disappointing.

You off your meds Cody?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 06, 2020, 13:42 (1380 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just an observation. The last oh... 72 hours?... your posts have overall regressed into the 2014 version Cody Miller. What happened!? Why are you all of a sudden scrawling all these absolute lines in the sand for? Like... chill bro.

At least, if you're going be a toddler about vegetables, space out each helping abit would ya.

Goodness.

You off your meds Cody?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 15:53 (1379 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Just an observation. The last oh... 72 hours?... your posts have overall regressed into the 2014 version Cody Miller. What happened!? Why are you all of a sudden scrawling all these absolute lines in the sand for? Like... chill bro.

Nobody replied to my joke!An effort was made!

You off your meds Cody?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 16:19 (1379 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Unless you are a Dad, you have no right to make those kinda jokes.

You off your meds Cody?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 16:21 (1379 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm all you got until Stuntmutt shows up.

Now THIS is a good joke. *NM*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 16:40 (1379 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm all you got until Stuntmutt shows up.

See you at MBO!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 05:31 (1379 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because there's no way you're suddenly going to break character and truly boycott it.

Hhh-hA!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 09:46 (1379 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

See you at MBO!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 09:51 (1379 days ago) @ Malagate

Because there's no way you're suddenly going to break character and truly boycott it.

I'll post there for sure.

But man, I'm 562 days off the Destiny train. It gets easier the longer you do it.

See you at MBO!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, July 09, 2020, 14:05 (1377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll post there for sure.

But man, I'm 562 days off the Destiny train. It gets easier the longer you do it.

I'm sitting at 549

Wasn't Matter Cancelled Years Ago?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 20:03 (1379 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 20:32 (1379 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 20:35

It wasn't even known until a year and half ago, so I'm not sure how you got that impression.

Edit: That maybe sounds more rude than I intended. I mean to say I don’t know what you’re thinking of, but I don’t think it’s Matter.

Come to think of it, has Bungie ever even addressed Matter? They briefly addressed the NetEase deal, but I don’t think they ever actually acknowledged the Matter trademark.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 21:31 (1379 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No, it's fine.

I just had some faint remembrance about some REALLY old E3 trailer(I only remember because I had downloaded it on the Xbox 360)—I think it was a big deal because it was supposed to be "directed" by Gore Verbinski?

Have no idea, but it looked (barely) interesting. Maybe I was thinking of something else.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 08, 2020, 00:52 (1379 days ago) @ Morpheus

You are thinking of the Kinect game called Matter. Totally different.

https://www.mcvuk.com/development-news/gore-verbinskis-kinect-game-matter-cancelled/

Ohhh...Wires Crossed!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, July 08, 2020, 16:41 (1378 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's easier to say that 'matter' is a very common term, used in a large number of different ways...but it's much funnier to say we've completely run out of words. XD

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread