Beyond Light release being pushed back a bit (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 10:11 (1374 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49340

New release date: November 10.

A bit of a bummer, to be sure. But I think most of us can agree that it's always preferred to get a better experience later than sticking to a release date you aren't ready for.

Agreed

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 10:19 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49340

New release date: November 10.

A bit of a bummer, to be sure. But I think most of us can agree that it's always preferred to get a better experience later than sticking to a release date you aren't ready for.

It also makes me think that they're doing a good job of taking care of employees by not forcing themselves to keep that original date.

No problem

by squidnh3, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 10:21 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

More time before stuff gets vaulted. Maybe I'll even try for those Mars codes...maybe. Like a Diamond sounds more fun.

Beyond Light release being pushed back a bit

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 10:56 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Mixed feelings. They gotta do what they gotta do, so no ill feelings for Bungie. I was just expecting Halo Infinite to come out around that time, so I will be torn on what to play. It wouldn't be that big of a deal but the stinking light level grind for a new raid eats all my time. Plus there are a couple of other games I am expecting that I will want to devote time to around the holidays.

I didn't buy this current season because I knew I wouldn't have enough time to devote to it (plus last season sucked and turned me off to playing), but I may pick it up if I have until November. I never cared for the titles, but Forerunner does sound cool. I need to see how tough it is to get.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:02 (1374 days ago) @ bluerunner

Mixed feelings. They gotta do what they gotta do, so no ill feelings for Bungie. I was just expecting Halo Infinite to come out around that time, so I will be torn on what to play. It wouldn't be that big of a deal but the stinking light level grind for a new raid eats all my time. Plus there are a couple of other games I am expecting that I will want to devote time to around the holidays.

I didn't buy this current season because I knew I wouldn't have enough time to devote to it (plus last season sucked and turned me off to playing), but I may pick it up if I have until November. I never cared for the titles, but Forerunner does sound cool. I need to see how tough it is to get.

FWIW, I have had a lot more fun with this season than I did last season (or the season before that). Also, the Forerunner title seems like it will be a bit easier to earn than some of the other recent seasonal titles have been.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:05 (1374 days ago) @ bluerunner

Mixed feelings. They gotta do what they gotta do, so no ill feelings for Bungie.

I'm sure they're just waiting on the boxes. :-p

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:08 (1374 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mixed feelings. They gotta do what they gotta do, so no ill feelings for Bungie.

I'm sure they're just waiting on the boxes. :-p

[image]

Here is what this means according to da TWAB!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:40 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

As quoted directly from this weeks "TWAB"...

While we’re sad to keep the secrets of Europa under wraps for a few extra weeks, our dev team is putting in the work to deliver an adventure that is worthy of your bravery. Doing that work from our homes finds us very far away from our usual ideal of working together in a studio – currently still quarantined. So we’re taking the time we need to do it right under the most challenging of conditions.

With the extra time between September and November, we have some plans to make the most of the suddenly longer Season.

[image]

• Moments of Triumph will be extended to November 10, 2020. Cutting it close on some of those tougher Triumphs? Here’s a little extra time to finish them off.
  • The show must go on: Festival of the Lost will now take place during Season of Arrivals, beginning on October 6.
  • We’re planning a handful of ritual activity modifiers to look forward to:
    • Increased Valor
    • Increased Infamy
    • Increased [REDACTED]
    • A few additional Iron Banner events between September and November.
  • And more…

We know that no amount of extra Infamy or Valor will keep your hunger satiated, but we will have a few more surprises to share on the road to launch. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, the pages that appeared on the day we revealed Beyond Light have been updated with all of the new and relevant information. Bookmark ‘em or pass ‘em along to your friends. Some in-game UI elements will not reflect the new launch date until a future update.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, July 16, 2020, 11:53 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I appreciate their positive spin social media posts of "We are extending the current season!" as opposed to "We are postponing the next season."

It's good to look on the bright side! There are no problems, only opportunities for solutions.

Dammit, it's back on top of Cyberpunk now *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 16, 2020, 14:47 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

;p

by Simpsons Rule @, Thursday, July 16, 2020, 16:54 (1374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm glad. There are a lot of things I'd like to collect before the season ends (raid armor sets and mods specifically). I also decided to grind out Mountaintop last weekend so at least I'll get to enjoy it for a little longer. I could see someone who's been playing regularly getting bummed about the news though.

-SR

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread