I Can't Believe I Actually Want That Raid Ring. XD (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 17, 2020, 13:13 (1351 days ago)

- No text -

You don't have anything better to spend $125 on?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, July 17, 2020, 16:41 (1351 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Yeah—Beyond Light! lmfao

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 17, 2020, 19:54 (1350 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I haven't participated in a MoT since the Book of Ages in D1. But that ring, though—god...

Yeah—Beyond Light! lmfao

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 17, 2020, 21:27 (1350 days ago) @ Morpheus

If you promise me it won't set you back beyond what you can afford to be set back, I'll get you the code, man

Yeah—Beyond Light! lmfao

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 07:40 (1350 days ago) @ ZackDark

I actually just got the code yesterday—one of the moderators of the clan I'm in—she's running raid workshops like, 5 days a week! Yesterday was my day, and even against my apprehension, she and her group got me through all six MoT raids in one day! They even taught me Crown and Garden for the first time!

I'll make a separate post about it sometime later, but to tldr; I do have a code—and I highly appreciate the offer. I'm touched that you guys are still looking out for me! <3

As for affording it, luckily I have plenty of time on my side. The code for the ring doesn't expire until October. And with Beyond Light being pushed back to November, I have even more time to get that pre-ordered too. I probably have enough in the budget to buy it today, but I'm not taking any chances, and I obviously don't need it right now. It can definitely wait.

I made the post because it was kind of a shellshock to me—the last time I wore a ring, it had candy sticking out of it. I never really thought much of rings(I know, I know...the irony) and I never really saw (or looked, tbh) for an appealing piece. But honestly, that one looks so cool....and one thing I've always loved in any fanbase—the subtle reference.

Take the ring for example—if anyone in public sees that, they think...well, whatever they want to think! But when a Destiny player sees it..."Nice, this guy's got the raid ring." Bam. This person GETS it. A common interest, a respectful nod or even a conversation. That's why I want that ring—for those who GET it. ;-)

Plus!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 12:07 (1350 days ago) @ Morpheus

If you get into a bar fight, and if you hit hard enough to crush skulls, you can give everyone you fought skull imprints!

Wield that Kung-Fu wisely Morpheus. ;P

Yeah—Beyond Light! lmfao

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 12:30 (1350 days ago) @ Morpheus

But when a Destiny player sees it..."Nice, this guy's got the raid ring." Bam. This person GETS it. A common interest, a respectful nod or even a conversation. That's why I want that ring—for those who GET it. ;-)

Honestly man, and I'm gonna be real here, they are probably thinking "Damn, this sucker paid 125 bucks for that stupid ring".

Yeah, That's True.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 14:11 (1350 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But when a Destiny player sees it..."Nice, this guy's got the raid ring." Bam. This person GETS it. A common interest, a respectful nod or even a conversation. That's why I want that ring—for those who GET it. ;-)

Honestly man, and I'm gonna be real here, they are probably thinking "Damn, this sucker paid 125 bucks for that stupid ring".

Absolutely. Hell, Bungie will be thinking that for sure, lol. And if we are speaking realistically/practically. it is pretty stupid. But I was thinking about it when I was coming home from the store—"Eh, it's less than I paid last time." ;-)

Shilling out extra money for a collectible is stupid regardless.

T-Shirts OTOH…

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, July 20, 2020, 12:07 (1348 days ago) @ Morpheus

I was going to offer you my code too. If anyone wants it, I'm sure not going to use it. No judgements for folks who do get it, but I don't like jewelry in general anyway so it's not at all worth it to me.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 09:50 (1350 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Imagine being so rich you could just buy it without the code.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, July 18, 2020, 13:02 (1350 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wonder if the store even lets people do that

To Both Of You.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 16:42 (1350 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If I had $777,777 and change, I'd use it to put forth a down payment on a half gallon of milk!

It's a joke.

And also Zack, I was curious at one point, and got to the checkout/place order screen before I stopped. Other than item limits, it seems you totally can buy them full price.

To Both Of You.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 16:46 (1350 days ago) @ Morpheus

Really?

I feel like I tried that once at it gave me a cute message and it wouldn’t work.

I'M NOT Pressing That Button! XD

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 18:33 (1349 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

I'M NOT Pressing That Button! XD

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 18, 2020, 19:11 (1349 days ago) @ Morpheus

No, I feel like it wouldn’t let me even get that far without entering the code. Maybe I’m just misremembering though.

What kind of credit card would approve that purchase?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, July 20, 2020, 12:05 (1348 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread