Halo Infinite quick take (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:25 (1372 days ago)

This has to be quick because I'm working.

Beautiful graphics.

Why is Joel in Halo, and what happened to his accent?

Several touchpoints to HCE, H2 teasers.

Nice variety of weapons.

Like that it seems to encourage a choice in objectives.

Don't like the upgrade tab, and what that implies.

Nice draw distances, except for that one instance of pop-in.

Nice wildlife.

Not really impressed with the new chief baddie.

Why did MC have to enter a ship?--thought he was going after anti-aircraft cannons?

Why did they make covenant ship more angular?--that's the human aesthetic.

Sounds are good, except where they matter most--for the weapons and vehicles we already know. This might be my biggest disappointment.

Will buy, regardless of whatever Avateur says.

Halo Infinite quick take

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:49 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit

This may be a small thing, but the small things are what made Halo great. The reticle in Halo infinite (and Halo 5) is in the center of the screen.

In Halo 2 and 3, you'll notice the reticle is lower than center by a good amount. This will tend to make you look 'up'. This has the benefit of emphasizing the world around you, since with a center reticle the ground take up more of your view. But the ground is boring. We want to see the environment. And in an open world game, how could you not implement that? I see a video where mountains and buildings tower over you, yet when playing you don't see them because the ground takes up half your screen when fighting dudes.

So much of this wisdom simply didn't carry over to 343 when they received Halo from Bungie. It's the kind of wisdom that made Halo and Bungie great. It's the kind of stuff we need to see rediscovered and expanded upon.

Good luck to the team, and I hope they create something great this time around.

Halo Infinite quick take

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:32 (1372 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This may be a small thing, but the small things are what made Halo great. The reticle in Halo infinite (and Halo 5) is in the center of the screen.

Glad you brought this up. It's pretty important to how Halo games feel, and it just feels way better with a controller.

That's why so many other shooters are lowering the crosshair these days (Far Cry, Borderlands, Prey, The Outer Worlds, Hunt: Showdown, etc). Studios are finally figuring out things that Bungie nailed in 2004.

In Halo 2 and 3, you'll notice the reticle is lower than center by a good amount. This will tend to make you look 'up'. This has the benefit of emphasizing the world around you, since with a center reticle the ground take up more of your view. But the ground is boring. We want to see the environment. And in an open world game, how could you not implement that? I see a video where mountains and buildings tower over you, yet when playing you don't see them because the ground takes up half your screen when fighting dudes.

So much of this wisdom simply didn't carry over to 343 when they received Halo from Bungie. It's the kind of wisdom that made Halo and Bungie great. It's the kind of stuff we need to see rediscovered and expanded upon.

H4 Actually retained the lowered crosshair. Of course, it was essentially a Reach reskin, but still.

They didn't, and I firmly believe they never will.

Halo Infinite quick take

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:39 (1372 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Watch out, the 343 Hater signed on

Halo Infinite quick take

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:03 (1372 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Uh oh guys, The Apologist is here to defend the shitty games!

You should get back to the circus bud, the tears smudged your makeup.

Halo Infinite quick take

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:31 (1372 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Uh oh guys, The Apologist is here to defend the shitty games!

You should get back to the circus bud, the tears smudged your makeup.

Eh 343's stuff has been ok, I'm just laughing at you raging out about them for god knows how many years now.

Like I'm here just commenting on a game I think may be fun vs whatever this weird performative hate posting you've been doing for years.

#performativehateposting is my new favorite hashtag

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 14:01 (1372 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Halo Infinite quick take

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:49 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:02

I think it looks really fun.

I’m mixed on the art style. It’s very original Halo, and it looks fantastic, I still just hate that 343i felt that was necessary because of internet crybabies. Their art style for 4 and 5 was a really good take on the universe, outside of some of the more ridiculous armor designs.

I must admit, I’m a little disappointed in the technical aspect. Nothing in that demo wowed me, as far as graphics. It looks good, but it almost looks unfinished, like they forgot to turn some shaders on or something. Lots of it looks really flat. The lighting and particle effects are similarly disappointing. Nothing looks overtly bad, but it certainly doesn’t look great. Maybe this is the cost of 4K 60, but that doesn’t make the Series X seem all that good if that’s the case.

I also disagree about the sounds, except the Warthog which still sounds dumb. That AR is the best that gun has ever sounded. The new stuff all sounds great.

As for the boxy phantom—these are The Banished, not The Covenant, so they’re probably just trying to make them a bit different.

The most important thing for me is that it looks fun to play. I wonder if some of the Halo 5 stuff is still there. I really liked the boosters and I’ll miss having them if they’re gone. I didn’t see any aiming down sights either (other than on the scoped weapon). I can take it or leave it, I guess, but I have come to like it in Halo 5.

Halo Infinite quick take

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:56 (1372 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m mixed on the art style. It’s very original Halo, and it looks fantastic, I still just hate that 343i felt that was necessary because of internet crybabies. Their art style for 4 and 5 was a really good take on the universe, outside of some of the more ridiculous armor designs.

The 343 games kind of suffered from overload. It was like Michael Bay's transformers, just assaulting you with complexity that overwhelms you visually. In that regard, I think the art design was actually poor.

I must admit, I’m a little disappointed in the technical aspect. Nothing in that demo wowed me, as far as graphics. It looks good, but it almost looks unfinished, like they forgot to turn some shaders on or something. Lots of it looks really flat.

I would agree with that. The person in the cockpit looks less real than anyone in say, Death Stranding. His skin did not really look right.

The lighting and particle effects are similarly disappointing. Nothing looks bad. Maybe this is the cost of 4K 60, but that doesn’t make the Series X seem all that good if that’s the case.

Gee maybe if they ran at 1080p60 it could have looked better :-p

When did Halo turn into a cartoon?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:10 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

When did Halo turn into a cartoon?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:06 (1371 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

According to my memory, it was when CE came out and many people who are averse to saturated colors poo poo'd it for not being entirely made of shades of brown and not featuring ANY desert warfare.

Cautiously excited

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:23 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit

This has to be quick because I'm working.

Beautiful graphics.

Why is Joel in Halo, and what happened to his accent?

Several touchpoints to HCE, H2 teasers.

Nice variety of weapons.

Like that it seems to encourage a choice in objectives.

Don't like the upgrade tab, and what that implies.

Nice draw distances, except for that one instance of pop-in.

Nice wildlife.

Not really impressed with the new chief baddie.

Why did MC have to enter a ship?--thought he was going after anti-aircraft cannons?

Why did they make covenant ship more angular?--that's the human aesthetic.

Sounds are good, except where they matter most--for the weapons and vehicles we already know. This might be my biggest disappointment.

Will buy, regardless of whatever Avateur says.

• Love where they're going with the graphics, I think the art style captures the Halo aesthetic
  • Sounds good to me, but yeah I want a beefier warthog
  • Extremely intrigued by the open world map, the first Halo game where we're actually exploring a Halo? Sign me up
  • Wait, does that mean they have large enough maps to pull off a Halo Battle Royale? Color me worried, I just want more CTF
  • And yeah, couldn't care less what Avateur has to say about Halo

Looked like Halo 5.5: Tedious gunplay, fun Sandbox.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:42 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Halo Infinite quick take

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:04 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit

That warthog engine sound just made me angry. Why do they insist on making it like that?

I like the open level layout where I can choose which way to go.

With the grappling hook letting me get more places, I hope I'm not met with invisible walls everywhere.

The AI looked like they were playing on easy. I hope that is why.

Guns looked ok. I think they need more bass, but I was watching on my phone.

This does not look like next gen.
[image]

I just dont know what to think about this.
[image]

Halo Infinite quick take

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:20 (1372 days ago) @ bluerunner

The warthog sound and Master Chief name tag make me irrationally angry. Haha

They’re continuing to push the boundaries and that isn’t easy to balance against old school fans like me. But throwing fusion cores?....

On the plus side, it looks like a big world to explore and the music is already miles better than 4 and 5.

I’ll pick it up and probably have fun with it, but I’m not sure what to think at this point.

Here’s to hoping the MP will be fun.

- CC

Halo Infinite quick take

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 17:14 (1372 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

Right?! I don't know why, but something about this just screams "mid-2000s CD-ROM."

I'm definitely going to play this, but I'm not super-jazzed about the more cartoony look and feel of the game.

-Disciple

It's weird

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 23, 2020, 20:27 (1372 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If you look at the details, there are definitely some high-end graphics, but somehow the sum of the parts look older-gen? Some very little polish would definitely be enough to fix it, imo

I love it

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 24, 2020, 05:23 (1371 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

[image]

Right?! I don't know why, but something about this just screams "mid-2000s CD-ROM."

I'm definitely going to play this, but I'm not super-jazzed about the more cartoony look and feel of the game.

-Disciple

The appear to be going for a specific aesthetic that isn't hyper detailed realism and I hope that it namely makes for a playable version of a painterly vista of Installation 04.

I can definitely see how it is going to rub some people the wrong way, but them's the breaks.

Linking to my response.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:45 (1372 days ago) @ Kermit

"Infinite-ly Unimpressed";HERE.
(Not sure why there is another thread on this, but, ok. Sure.)

An Interesting First Look. Still excited.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, July 24, 2020, 08:52 (1371 days ago) @ Kermit

It definitely has a simplified aesthetic. I'm OK with that, but it didn't WOW me like I thought it would.

I've enjoyed Halo 4 and 5 despite their flaws, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one to some degree as well.

Halo doesn't sit on some untouchable pedestal for me, I get why it does for so many people (don't @ me). But just like other forms of media, I'm OK with it evolving and changing.

I'll be there day one if anyone wants to co-op or form a fireteam for MP!

An Interesting First Look. Still excited.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:33 (1371 days ago) @ breitzen

It definitely has a simplified aesthetic. I'm OK with that, but it didn't WOW me like I thought it would.

Chief's armor aesthetic is great! Everything else looks like cheap plastic (is Halo Infinite just a commercial for their Mega Blox toyline?). And the lighting in 343's Halos is just straight up gross.

I've enjoyed Halo 4 and 5 despite their flaws, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one to some degree as well.

A few of us are having "fun" playing through Halo 5. The game series just delivers on sandbox fun, even when we're just blowing each other up.

Halo doesn't sit on some untouchable pedestal for me, I get why it does for so many people (don't @ me). But just like other forms of media, I'm OK with it evolving and changing.

Aside from being vocal about Halo 4 and 5's absolutely garbage art direction, writing, dialogue, technical issues, and characters, I do like them enough. Halo is ever-changing, and though it adapts to the gaming zeitgeist at a slow (and occasionally sad) pace, I'm all for it pushing itself forward. Sprint? Perfect! Clambering and dodging? Let's go! Grappling hook? Yipee-zippy!

I'll be there day one if anyone wants to co-op or form a fireteam for MP!

Because I don't have to pay for it (Have I mentioned Warframe Gamepass around here yet?), I'll be there Day 1 as well.

How to think about Halo Infinite

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, July 24, 2020, 10:39 (1371 days ago) @ Kermit

Cross-posting from HBO

I watched the campaign reveal and came away feeling basically nothing. Nothing got me excited but by the same token, nothing really upset or disappointed me. I thought about why that might be and the obvious explanation came up first: it's been a long time since the franchise offered me anything compelling and I've become apathetic/disinterested.

But that's not the whole story. There is something else at play, and it explains both my personal apathy and so much that was shown in the trailer: Halo has gone from being a video game franchise with toys to being a toy franchise with video games.

This metamorphosis was well underway by the time of Halo 4 but it's taken a huge step with H:I

Point 1: The Minecraft Aesthetic

[image]

A lot of people see the flat polygons and make jokes about "is this next-gen??" as though a Triple-A developer forgot how to do graphics. No, it's intentional: the blocky aesthetic will work very nicely with toys and other plastic playsets.

Point 2: The Open World, Under Construction

This point is less obvious but I feel is still worth considering. Think back to when you were playing with GI Joe or other action figures as a kid. The whole narrative and setup of the characters and structures was an ad-hoc, random composition. You get out the Command Tower and decide to place a couple of Gun Turrets and a Wall to prevent your sister's Rainbow Brite Army from taking the nearby village, slaughtering thousands. And there's a submarine base, why not.

This concept works better, more naturally, if the source video game behaves like this from the start. You can obviously have toys of characters, vehicles, and structures from a more linear and narratively driven game, but things are more in harmony if the game is already setup in an open world format. And even better, it appears from the media we've seen that the ring itself is constantly under construction, where its layout is constantly changing.

Point 3: The Big Bad

Characters sell toys. Important characters sell more. Both the Didact and Pvt Chips Dubbo are characters in the Halo franchise, but one of them will sell a lot more toys than the other. This should be in your mind when the Big Bad Brute is front and center in the marketing. Halo 1 technically had a main villain, but it was a gradual revelation (343GS didn't appear until halfway in) aided by a plot twist. The game's story was still more about your desperate attempts to survive in an unknown world: part fact-finding, part shooting, and part surviving.

Halo 2 had the Prophets, Gravemind, and Tartarus. But again, these enemies were revealed organically as the story unfolded.

Halo Infinite puts the Big Bad front and center. This is not "helpful floating orb on mysterious ring eventually turns out to be a very big threat." This is He-Man and Skeletor, Lion-O and Mumra, red panda and pumpkin. It's cheesy and low-effort but it's going to sell action figures from Day 0.

Point 4: That Stupid 117 Decal

[image]

This is my weakest point but it bugs me enough to mention it. I'm sure you can think of three or four explanations for why "117" should be awkwardly slapped on his breast but it sure does feel like it's there mostly to allow for easy identification during the War of Rainbowland Aggression.

Anyway. This is not a "I HATE GAME" post, since again I'm mostly feeling apathetic. But I thought I'd share my thoughts here in case you felt the same way and were wondering why. Rather than being a disappointing entry in the franchise as you knew it, it's a competent entry in some other franchise which doesn't interest you.

Side note: I'm thinking about getting a weekly MCC night going between now and H:I launch. 343 has done very well to make the PC offering playable. I'm leaning towards Thursday or Sunday nights but you can chime in with your thoughts.

I don't necessarily think you're 100% right

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 24, 2020, 11:13 (1371 days ago) @ Schooly D

Cross-posting from HBO

I watched the campaign reveal and came away feeling basically nothing. Nothing got me excited but by the same token, nothing really upset or disappointed me. I thought about why that might be and the obvious explanation came up first: it's been a long time since the franchise offered me anything compelling and I've become apathetic/disinterested.

But that's not the whole story. There is something else at play, and it explains both my personal apathy and so much that was shown in the trailer: Halo has gone from being a video game franchise with toys to being a toy franchise with video games.

This metamorphosis was well underway by the time of Halo 4 but it's taken a huge step with H:I

[image]

A lot of people see the flat polygons and make jokes about "is this next-gen??" as though a Triple-A developer forgot how to do graphics. No, it's intentional: the blocky aesthetic will work very nicely with toys and other plastic playsets.

This point is less obvious but I feel is still worth considering. Think back to when you were playing with GI Joe or other action figures as a kid. The whole narrative and setup of the characters and structures was an ad-hoc, random composition. You get out the Command Tower and decide to place a couple of Gun Turrets and a Wall to prevent your sister's Rainbow Brite Army from taking the nearby village, slaughtering thousands. And there's a submarine base, why not.

This concept works better, more naturally, if the source video game behaves like this from the start. You can obviously have toys of characters, vehicles, and structures from a more linear and narratively driven game, but things are more in harmony if the game is already setup in an open world format. And even better, it appears from the media we've seen that the ring itself is constantly under construction, where its layout is constantly changing.

Characters sell toys. Important characters sell more. Both the Didact and Pvt Chips Dubbo are characters in the Halo franchise, but one of them will sell a lot more toys than the other. This should be in your mind when the Big Bad Brute is front and center in the marketing. Halo 1 technically had a main villain, but it was a gradual revelation (343GS didn't appear until halfway in) aided by a plot twist. The game's story was still more about your desperate attempts to survive in an unknown world: part fact-finding, part shooting, and part surviving.

Halo 2 had the Prophets, Gravemind, and Tartarus. But again, these enemies were revealed organically as the story unfolded.

Halo Infinite puts the Big Bad front and center. This is not "helpful floating orb on mysterious ring eventually turns out to be a very big threat." This is He-Man and Skeletor, Lion-O and Mumra, red panda and pumpkin. It's cheesy and low-effort but it's going to sell action figures from Day 0.

[image]

This is my weakest point but it bugs me enough to mention it. I'm sure you can think of three or four explanations for why "117" should be awkwardly slapped on his breast but it sure does feel like it's there mostly to allow for easy identification during the War of Rainbowland Aggression.

Anyway. This is not a "I HATE GAME" post, since again I'm mostly feeling apathetic. But I thought I'd share my thoughts here in case you felt the same way and were wondering why. Rather than being a disappointing entry in the franchise as you knew it, it's a competent entry in some other franchise which doesn't interest you.

Side note: I'm thinking about getting a weekly MCC night going between now and H:I launch. 343 has done very well to make the PC offering playable. I'm leaning towards Thursday or Sunday nights but you can chime in with your thoughts.

But that is a damn compelling analysis of some of the approaches here.

Maybe he's on point after all

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 24, 2020, 12:56 (1371 days ago) @ kidtsunami

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-24-we-should-talk-about-how-halo-infinite-looks

I think the answer lies in the art style. Halo Infinite looks like the fake plastic trees version of Halo, like a video game designed with Mega Bloks in mind. It pops in all the wrong places. The Brutes and their silly faces seem almost plonked down onto the battlefield like a child would arrange toys to bash about in their bedroom.

The Giant's Causeway hexagon rocks have been highlighted by many already and I have to admit they look like they were sculpted in Roblox or something.

Halo is an OG Xbox Game, so its designs come from a time when you couldn't adequately represent the human body and faces and details - Master Chief's whole design is a response to the fact you can't make people look anything else but blocky. It's why he wears armour that makes him look like luggage. The problem is, when 343 take designs from this era and render them with the fidelity possible on modern hardware, you get an art style that's weird and theme-parkish. It's like characters from Halo dressing in Halo-themed monkey suits.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 24, 2020, 11:17 (1371 days ago) @ Schooly D

[image]

I think this is too conspiracy oriented. It's probably because of the dumb ass 4K60 target. When you have to render 8x as many pixels as 1080p30, you're going to have to cut down on complexity.

Or maybe this is the reason. The geometry may be simpler because it can be moved around in real time.

I think it's just simplistic writing, not a conspiracy to sell toys.

by EffortlessFury @, Saturday, July 25, 2020, 03:06 (1370 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

I think this is too conspiracy oriented. It's probably because of the dumb ass 4K60 target. When you have to render 8x as many pixels as 1080p30, you're going to have to cut down on complexity.

Or maybe this is the reason. The geometry may be simpler because it can be moved around in real time.

I think it's just simplistic writing, not a conspiracy to sell toys.

I was put off by the monologue at first but it has grown on me. The Chief is a legend. For someone to challenge him purely for glory? I'm intrigued.

MCC on PC is pretty dope

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, July 27, 2020, 20:18 (1368 days ago) @ Schooly D

I'd be down, but it would have to be thurs or fri since I'm east coast time and would be later for me than most of you guys.

I just got a new laptop to game on (I don't plan to be a day-one Xbox or PS5 buyer this go-round). Also, I'm a Steam virgin and have no friends there yet. That said,

I'm having a freakin' ball!

I'll admit I was a bit concerned to try out MP (it's been ages since I gamed with mouse and keyboard) but I tried out an xbox controller and to my surprise, I didn't get stomped on.

It was.... fair!

And the campaigns are just, GORGEOUS at 60 fps. Holy moley!

MCC on PC is pretty dope

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 27, 2020, 20:38 (1368 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Aren’t they 60 even on Xbox? Maybe just on One X, I’m not sure.

A few of us just did Halo 5 on Legendary, and I’m itching for more Halo. Planning on doing H3 this week, but I’m on Xbox.

MCC on PC is pretty dope

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 03, 2020, 13:37 (1361 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Aren’t they 60 even on Xbox? Maybe just on One X, I’m not sure.

A few of us just did Halo 5 on Legendary, and I’m itching for more Halo. Planning on doing H3 this week, but I’m on Xbox.

I have the MCC (though never played it) and my 360 is still hooked up, so I'd be down if this became a thing we do.

MCC on PC is pretty dope

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 03, 2020, 13:54 (1361 days ago) @ Vortech

Stabbim and I are near the end of Halo 2. ODST is next. Feel free to join us if you see us playing. We’ll probably do Halo 4 later as well. Halo CE and Halo 2 only had two player co-op, something we forgot when we tried to get Korny in one night.

I’m down to co-op any Halo pretty much anytime, so send a message if you want to play.

H2 has online coop?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, August 03, 2020, 17:30 (1361 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

H2 has online coop?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 03, 2020, 18:32 (1361 days ago) @ ZackDark

In the MCC it does.

Ooh. ODST is my fav.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 03, 2020, 17:57 (1361 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

MCC on PC is pretty dope

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 11:55 (1360 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Stabbim and I are near the end of Halo 2. ODST is next. Feel free to join us if you see us playing. We’ll probably do Halo 4 later as well. Halo CE and Halo 2 only had two player co-op, something we forgot when we tried to get Korny in one night.

I’m down to co-op any Halo pretty much anytime, so send a message if you want to play.

Me, too. Played through HCE on heroic for the first time in years and was blown away. You forget how great it is.

MCC on PC is pretty dope

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 12:01 (1360 days ago) @ Kermit

Halo 3 is the best, so far, I think. That game just feels amazing. It’s perfect.

I’m having a lot of fun with Halo 2, though. We turned on all the ridiculous skulls that make explosion radius bigger and impart more velocity on objects. Shooting anything with dual-SMGs sends them flying across the room. It’s great.

Classic graphics still not correct. Going on 9 years now.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 27, 2020, 21:20 (1368 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Interesting write up. +1

by yakaman, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:55 (1367 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

Exhibit C

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 08:55 (1366 days ago) @ Schooly D

Cross-posting from HBO

[image]

[image]

NERF AR

Worth watching:

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 27, 2020, 20:44 (1368 days ago) @ Kermit

This YouTuber took part in a “behind closed doors” stream that 343i did, where they talked over the demo we saw and did a Q&A. Most of the big gaming outlets got the same thing, but I didn’t read any of that coverage. This video does a good job of breaking down what was said. Nothing earth shattering, but still interesting, I think.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread