Wow! Bungie gave MS some love! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:40 (1345 days ago)

It's a new day.

Liked the new mechanic.

What does this even mean

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 09:57 (1345 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

They gave MS an exclusive reveal trailer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:14 (1345 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:17 (1345 days ago) @ Kermit

Well that looks pretty fuckin' cool.

Too bad the MMO elements and investment system spoil it.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:25 (1345 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But do they? Oh, they do for you. And I'm honestly sorry you feel that way, cause Destiny is still an amazing game.

I strongly dislike the investment system

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 10:34 (1345 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But I still love playing the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, D2 is coming to GamePass

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:51 (1344 days ago) @ Kermit

Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light are included. Seasons still need to be purchased.

Huh!?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:00 (1344 days ago) @ breitzen

Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light are included. Seasons still need to be purchased.

*Double Take* !?!?!?! Wha?

Isn't Destiny 2 a Free to Play Game Already? But you still have to purchase the seasons? Does anyone else see the incongruity here? Is there something I'm missing?

Huh!?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:03 (1344 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Isn't Destiny 2 a Free to Play Game Already? But you still have to purchase the seasons? Does anyone else see the incongruity here? Is there something I'm missing?

You don’t have to purchase the expansions...

Huh!?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:21 (1344 days ago) @ breitzen

Does this mean that normally you do, but they are included in game pass? Or that expansions are free for everyone? Sorry, I've been gone from the game so long I don't know how their new model works really.

Huh!?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:31 (1344 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Does this mean that normally you do, but they are included in game pass? Or that expansions are free for everyone? Sorry, I've been gone from the game so long I don't know how their new model works really.

Correct. Here’s how it breaks down:

D2-Forsaken is free.
Shadowkeep = $35
Beyond Light = $40
Seasons = $10 a piece (This might be different for next year)

So with GamePass you get everything except the Seasons.

Huh!?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:35 (1344 days ago) @ breitzen

D2-Forsaken is free.
Shadowkeep = $35
Beyond Light = $40

I see. And the seasons get you what? Sorry for all the questions. Basically, if you buy the expansion but not the seasons, what are you missing out on?

Huh!?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:52 (1344 days ago) @ Cody Miller

D2-Forsaken is free.
Shadowkeep = $35
Beyond Light = $40

I see. And the seasons get you what? Sorry for all the questions. Basically, if you buy the expansion but not the seasons, what are you missing out on?

At least this year they had exotic quests that were exclusive to seasons. I honestly wasn’t that engaged with the Seasons other than those exotic quests.

And now an answer.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 12:24 (1344 days ago) @ breitzen

True. But the whole prospect of Gamepass is essentially, through the service you can play whatever is part of the Gamepass Program. If you still have to purchase seasons, and the game at default is free to play, it all seems rather redundant. At that point, why have it be part of the program?

That said, my post original post of this topic was from this hip, and I can now answer my own question thanks to this handy FAQ.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, players will be able to stream Destiny 2 on their Android mobile devices via xCloud.

Neat.

And now an answer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 13:25 (1344 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, players will be able to stream Destiny 2 on their Android mobile devices via xCloud.

What about people who have bought everything but don’t have Gamepass?

And now an answer.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 13:27 (1344 days ago) @ Kermit

Xcloud is a service that will be included in Game Pass Ultimate. So unless you pay for it, no streaming for you.

As far as the rest of the game, nothing changes. You pay for the content you want to buy.

And now an answer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 22:53 (1344 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Xcloud is a service that will be included in Game Pass Ultimate. So unless you pay for it, no streaming for you.

As far as the rest of the game, nothing changes. You pay for the content you want to buy.

Well, dang. Xcloud sounded neat. I’m sure not buying gamepass for it.

Yeah I'm going to give it a go but I'm skeptical

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 24, 2020, 05:18 (1344 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, dang. Xcloud sounded neat. I’m sure not buying gamepass for it.

I got that Upgrade 3 years to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 deal so mine expires in August of '21.

Definitely gives me some time to put it through it's paces. But I have barely played anything on the Game Pass because I already have a huge backlog of amazing titles... That reminds me that I stopped God Of War when I got the boat.

And now an answer.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 23, 2020, 13:30 (1344 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Expansions are pretty major parts of the game. Playing Destiny without them seems pretty pointless. Seems like a pretty obvious selling point to me, especially with a big new expansion coming soon.

I’m glad. I certainly wasn’t planning on buying Beyond Light, but now I can check it out without spending any extra money.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread