I’m just over 1040, can I do the new Dungeon? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 27, 2020, 18:20 (1340 days ago)

I want to play it, but I definitely don’t feel like grinding any more levels.

Is 1040 good enough to be viable at the end (let’s also assume I’m playing with someone like Korny or Nevin, lol), or will I be useless?

Yes

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 27, 2020, 18:53 (1340 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It'll be hard, but it's still hard even at 1060. You'll need basically the exact same strategies, just a little bit better timing relative to survival.

I’m just over 1040, can I do the new Dungeon?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 27, 2020, 19:01 (1340 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Is 1040 good enough to be viable at the end (let’s also assume I’m playing with someone like Korny or Nevin, lol), or will I be useless?

Yeah, even during the final encounter you'd be helpful.

It'll Be Tough AF, But Yes. Godspeed!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 27, 2020, 22:13 (1340 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 08:37 (1340 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Our first run through, Nevin and I were in the low 1050s, and Speed was 1028. We finished.

Totally doable. And these days, the folks in your fireteam will be overleveled. ;) (I'm 1083 right now.)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 11:00 (1340 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 11:46

I will say, there are plenty of Pinnacle/powerful drop activities that helped me boost Sammy's Hunter from 950 to 1062 in just over two weeks (with me mainly focusing on grabbing Exotics and pinnacle weapons), while also running my own characters.

That said, the Dungeon isn't overly punishing. Having solid teammates will make it totally doable (and you won't feel useless, even underleveled).

If there wasn't a Warframe update out today I'd totally be down for helping you run it tonight.

Thanks all!

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 13:49 (1339 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m gonna poke at Destiny a bit, maybe play some Crucible and do some easy powerfuls and try and do the dungeon in the next few weeks.

Thanks all!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 14:21 (1339 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m gonna poke at Destiny a bit, maybe play some Crucible and do some easy powerfuls and try and do the dungeon in the next few weeks.

Right now, the game drowns you in Umbral engrams (and it feels like Powerful engrams drop way more often too), so leveling is really easy. Just be sure to save focusing for when you need a specific type of gear.

After a while, saving your Focusing Juice won't be such a struggle, especially once you grab Ruinous Effigy (New, not-super-grindy quest tied to Interference mission), as it grants you 50 for every Savathun Eye that you pop. And the gun is a lot of fun as well. Makes Soloing tough stuff way less of a hassle (I used it to solo Pit of Heresy the other day. Only died twice on my first* attempt).
Also, be sure to pick up the Weekly bounties for the Dark Decoder! They tend to be simple enough that you'll complete them without focusing on them too much.

PS. Feels like it should be common knowledge, but focus on grabbing Powerfuls before Pinnacles until you hit 1050. After that, feel free to ignore the Powerfuls (unless you want to bring a bunch of stuff up to 1050). I haven't bothered with them at all, and the game is infinitely more enjoyable (besides, Umbrals essentially make Powerful Engrams pointless after 1050, since you can focus on what kind of loot you're interested in).

Haha wait what, what's the solo'ing strat with ruinous?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 07:32 (1339 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Haha wait what, what's the solo'ing strat with ruinous?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 08:17 (1339 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Korny, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 09:03

No real "strat" per se. Using the gun and orbs saves a ton of ammo, does massive damage against Yellow bars, keeps you from getting overwhelmed, and clears the Ogre caves in seconds; basically solving every solo-based issue in one package. I only swapped it out for Anarchy in the Suffering section, but otherwise it was my main tool in every single encounter, and it was almost a cakewalk. I've got my eyes on a flawless solo run before they nerf it.

Also bubble. Bubble ALL the things

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 10:03 (1339 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Rule 34

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 11:30 (1338 days ago) @ ZackDark

Titan Bubble Butt

America's ass *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:27 (1338 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Have we ever confirmed where the Tower is after all?

America's ass *NM*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:55 (1338 days ago) @ ZackDark

Have we ever confirmed where the Tower is after all?

It's somewhere in Chile if I recall.

I thought it was in the Philippines?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:56 (1338 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I thought it was in the Philippines?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:57 (1338 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://www.polygon.com/2015/1/20/7862009/destiny-tower-last-city-location-science-sun

The Last City must be in the Southern Hemisphere, said dwntwn_dine_ent_dist, because shadows cast in the Tower by the Sun move counterclockwise. On an equinox, it's fairly trivial to figure out the latitude of one's location: Just subtract the altitude of the sun from 90 degrees. Based on a screenshot, dwntwn_dine_ent_dist concluded that the Tower sits at about the 29th parallel south. That means The Last City could only exist in South America (Chile/Argentina/Uruguay/Brazil), Africa (South Africa/Lesotho) or Australia.

As you can see above, tall mountains are visible from the balconies of the Tower, which rules out Uruguay, Brazil, South Africa and Australia. That leaves the Andes Mountains, which run down the western spine of South America. At 29 degrees south latitude on that continent, said dwntwn_dine_ent_dist, The Last City would roughly be located between La Serena, Chile, and La Rioja, Argentina — likely somewhere in Chile, since the higher mountains around The Last City stand to the east of the Tower.

Or is it Tibet?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 22:53 (1338 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 23:01

Apparently someone messed up and entered the coordinates as 29 south rather than north. Kind of cool there was an actual API for this and the sun would indeed change positions depending where on Earth you were. It was perpetual Equinox because matching the cycle via the system date was too tough computationally on load.

At least is you trust an anyonymous throwaway comment.

They probably aren't saying because then they'd get banned in China. And we all know how important that Netease money is!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread