Set a Fire in Your Heart (Gaming)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 06:40 (1339 days ago)

I love Gareth Coker's work and can't wait to hear more!

Set a Fire in Your Heart

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 07:04 (1339 days ago) @ breitzen

Everyone is raving about this track, and I guess I just don’t hear it. It’s totally fine, good even (and certainly indicates a better direction than what was in Halo 5), but it doesn’t really get me excited.

Stabbim and I played through the first half of Halo 3 last night. I know it’s not fair to compare to Marty, but damn that music is good.

Set a Fire in Your Heart

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 07:28 (1339 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Everyone is raving about this track, and I guess I just don’t hear it. It’s totally fine, good even (and certainly indicates a better direction than what was in Halo 5), but it doesn’t really get me excited.

Stabbim and I played through the first half of Halo 3 last night. I know it’s not fair to compare to Marty, but damn that music is good.

I'm not raving about it. I just think it's good work that brings me back to the good ol' days of Halo with some very familiar sounds but at the same time feels fresh. I love Marty's stuff too, but I also like that we can still have scores that feel like classic Halo.

Basically, I'll get what I can get and at least we don't have really shitty music.

Set a Fire in Your Heart

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 08:57 (1339 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

No I’m totally with you. I’m happy with it, I think it’s good. But the subreddit is really singing it’s praises. Which, cool! I’m not here to rain on anyone’s parade, I’m glad they’re excited about it. Just right speak to me in the same way, I guess.

Set a Fire in Your Heart

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 10:31 (1339 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No I’m totally with you. I’m happy with it, I think it’s good. But the subreddit is really singing it’s praises.

Probably because they are use to Halo 4 and 5 music :D

Which, cool! I’m not here to rain on anyone’s parade, I’m glad they’re excited about it. Just right speak to me in the same way, I guess.

Yeah, and I totally get that too. I mostly just want it to fit the game. Epic game requires epic music. Now I hope they pull off both!

I’ve been saying for years...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:11 (1338 days ago) @ breitzen

... that I’d love to see Gareth create some music for a Halo game. Ever since I first played Ori and the Blind Forest.

^ This track in particular gave me major “Halo” vibes. Not to say that it is perfect for Halo as it is (it was made for a different game, after all), but hearing that track convinced me that Gareth has the instincts and creativity to make the kind of music that a Halo game needs.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread