An amusing look at the Halo novels. (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 30, 2020, 17:00 (1365 days ago)

Brian David Gilbert over at Polygon read all the Halo novels and made an amusing video about it (and also a kinda good quick rundown of what they are if you haven’t kept up, which I haven’t).

That was great!

by Claude Errera @, Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:13 (1364 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Brian David Gilbert over at Polygon read all the Halo novels and made an amusing video about it (and also a kinda good quick rundown of what they are if you haven’t kept up, which I haven’t).

I really expected him to be snarkier about the whole thing (reinforced by the beginning of the video)... but overall, it was a nice overview, and pretty funny to boot. :)

Thanks! Don't think I'd have seen this on my own.

That was great!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:27 (1364 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was expecting the same thing, honestly, though I should have known better.

He tries to fix the Zelda timeline, creates a new Pokémon rap, reads all the books in Skyrim, creates a Kojima character name generator, etc. They’re all completely silly video game things, and he does poke fun at those things, but he does also takes it seriously and isn’t really ever mean spirited about it.

Still, reading 30 video game novels isn’t something that’s difficult to imagine someone being kinda mean about.

Actually cry-laughed at some parts, so good

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:21 (1364 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

That. Was. Amazing.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, July 31, 2020, 10:39 (1364 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Totally unrelated, but also hilarious

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, July 31, 2020, 13:55 (1364 days ago) @ cheapLEY

343 pleaz...

I enjoyed that a lot.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 03, 2020, 13:34 (1361 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread