EEEEE!!! (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, August 01, 2020, 11:23 (1356 days ago)

[image]

Do post the finished products here too!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 01, 2020, 12:21 (1356 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Now THAT...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, August 01, 2020, 15:40 (1356 days ago) @ ZackDark

There are quite a few recipes that seem simple enough (I'm going to post some pictures later, but it's so cute—recipes have an easy difficulty, labeled with an Adventure icon, medium is labeled with a strike, and Hard is a raid! lol(Well, it should be—in reality it's a strange triangle shape, disappointing)) but there are a lot of them with ingredients I've never even heard of. There's even a few pages in the beginning with a description/storage instructions for some of the more...exoticseasonings. You're not gonna find those in any Heroic strikes, that's for sure. And speaking of exotics, there are actually a handful of recipes named after Exotic weapons! I wondered for the longest how Bungie would tackle something like that—you can't really tell what a gun tastes like without some really horrible results. My curiosity was finally answered—they're drink mixes!

Haven't read it end to end yet, but it's seemingly filled with lore, and the pictures are BREATHTAKING.

Wait, lore?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 01, 2020, 21:08 (1356 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Oh, Yeah.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 10:55 (1355 days ago) @ ZackDark

It isn't "GWAAALLL, FOMO BEYOND LIGHT SPOILZ" but it's all written from the game's perspective, like so:

[image]

Each Destination has a page or two of backstory about that area and the NPC's lives in it, and they also carry a food theme with that area. For instance, the Farm is all about basics, working with the small amount of tools you have; this is all salts, spices and little things that bring use to recipes outside of Destiny. The Bazaar is all about little meals you can take with you on the go—finger foods, appetizers and stuff that fits in bowls—you can sit and eat, or pack 'em for low orbit. The Hangar is full of people bustin' ass 24/7 and need a hearty meal to get their energy back, so...comfort foods!

[image]

[image]

Honestly, I'm pretty excited to try that Kefta recipe. And I can't believe this, since I don't drink, but I'm honestly interested in sipping a Sunshot.
It's fun so far just reading the book by itself!

Do the raid level recipes require a lot of salt?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Saturday, August 01, 2020, 21:30 (1356 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Na. That's for Trials. Pickled for 2 years then Half-Baked.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 01, 2020, 22:04 (1356 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Nice Burn, But Mac's Sorta Right!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 10:58 (1355 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

There's actually a good number of recipes for different kinds of salt, most of which end up used in a recipe somewhere. ;-)

[image]

But is there a Gallardoodle recipe?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 03, 2020, 09:23 (1354 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

YES!!! :-D

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, August 03, 2020, 11:20 (1354 days ago) @ Vortech

[image]

[image]

How's the spicy ramen?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 03, 2020, 11:33 (1354 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

EEEEE!!!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, August 01, 2020, 18:49 (1356 days ago) @ Morpheus

You gotta grind the pepper yourself.

Wish I Could Post Emoji's.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 10:18 (1355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There'd be a trademark smirk in the subject line. ;-)

'Grinding peppercorns for eight uninterrupted hours has a small chance to grant a small amount of pepper. Mod does not stack.'

lmao

That's weird

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 11:37 (1355 days ago) @ Morpheus

Emojis work fine with 'preview' but turn to '????' as soon as you post.

That's weird

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 13:11 (1355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's probably because in the message and in the preview they are still local to your computer, but as soon as you post they are stored on the DB. And they are ??? because the DB doesn't allow for that character set.

That's weird

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 13:34 (1355 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That's probably because in the message and in the preview they are still local to your computer, but as soon as you post they are stored on the DB. And they are ??? because the DB doesn't allow for that character set.

Feature request! :-p

No. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 13:38 (1355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Don't fight progress.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 13:43 (1355 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

"And really bad eggs." Drink up me 'earties. Yo ho.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 13:54 (1355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

We've already talked about this. No.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 15:43 (1355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

We've already talked about this. No.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Sunday, August 02, 2020, 20:24 (1355 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread