Am I too late to enjoy my Forsaken & the rest of Warmind? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Saturday, August 15, 2020, 11:03 (1321 days ago)

So... I haven't played in ages, I've bought content that I haven't yet played. Has it been vaulted? If I recall correctly I played some of Warmind (no raid & maybe no strikes) & just the first mission of Forsaken. I've searched around a bit and haven't been able to find an answer, just articles talking about Bungie vaulting old D2 content & bringing back some D1 content. Am I SOL?

I figured the gang here could give me a quick & definitive answer... I'm hoping for a simple yes/no/maybe answer. I don't want to drudge up old 'discussions' best left alone, which I imagine came with said announcement.

BTW, Hey gang! It's been a while!

No, you are not too late

by squidnh3, Saturday, August 15, 2020, 11:17 (1321 days ago) @ dogcow

As of right now, everything should still be playable, especially Forsaken. Warmind may take some fiddling to get back on the right track in terms of missions. Raids should be 100% accessible.

In 86 days, this will change and Warmind will no longer be playable.

No, you are not too late

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Saturday, August 15, 2020, 11:23 (1321 days ago) @ squidnh3

As of right now, everything should still be playable, especially Forsaken. Warmind may take some fiddling to get back on the right track in terms of missions. Raids should be 100% accessible.

Yay! Slycrel mentioned I'd need to talk to Amanda...

In 86 days, this will change and Warmind will no longer be playable.

86 days, November 9th? :-/ k.

Thanks for the prompt & concise response.

No, you are not too late

by squidnh3, Saturday, August 15, 2020, 12:15 (1321 days ago) @ dogcow

Wish I could be more precise, but how the New Light (free) experience works for players that had some progress prior to its implementation is not well documented. If you can't figure it out, feel free to ask here.

The next expansion, Beyond Light, comes out on November 10th. I don't think the exact timing in terms of resets or maintenance downtime has been announced yet.

Brevity has its positives. If I may make a suggestion, don't forget to run the Whisper of the Worm mission! It's available all the time now, and selectable from orbit on Io.

Be wary of bugs and their fixes!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, August 15, 2020, 12:52 (1321 days ago) @ squidnh3

Wish I could be more precise, but how the New Light (free) experience works for players that had some progress prior to its implementation is not well documented. If you can't figure it out, feel free to ask here.

Yeah, if you started progress on anything, it may be active as a quest, or it may have wiped your progress and hopped over to Amanda's inventory. There's no precise way to know (and honestly, Bungie may have no idea themselves). That said, if you get stuck somewhere, you should be able to delete the quest and start it over with Amanda.

Warmind is fairly short, and they have fixed pretty much all of the progression bugs (I'm finally collecting resonant stems!).
Forsaken might have a few bugs between completing the main campaign and unlocking the Dreaming City. When that happens, try deleting the artifact that you collect. I can't remember who gives it to you, but it might just go ahead and complete that step for you (I can't recall my own workaround).

Likewise, when you do unlock the dreaming City, you're supposed to talk to a Sjur statue in the Shattered Throne. That may also be bugged, but a patch earlier this year was aimed to fix that. If you don't get a quest from the statue, you'll have to Change characters and try again. It's for the Wishender exotic.

The next expansion, Beyond Light, comes out on November 10th. I don't think the exact timing in terms of resets or maintenance downtime has been announced yet.

Brevity has its positives. If I may make a suggestion, don't forget to run the Whisper of the Worm mission! It's available all the time now, and selectable from orbit on Io.

Also, shoot me a message when you want to run that. I'm happy to help you with Normal or Heroic for it!

Be wary of bugs and their fixes!

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:24 (1319 days ago) @ Korny

Also, shoot me a message when you want to run that. I'm happy to help you with Normal or Heroic for it!

Yeah, I'm actually finally working on the ship/catalyst, so I'd be down for sure too.

Well, Simplicity Depends On Goals.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 06:46 (1320 days ago) @ dogcow

Welcome back, dogcow; good to see you again.

To elaborate, like everyone else said, missions, stories & quests, weapons and the like, those are still accessible until the 9th/10th. However, some things—like limited time events, certain quest steps(or quests entirely) or parts of certain seasons have indeed gone. It's nothing major—it's not like you can't do the endgame without it—but there are some things you won't be able to experience firsthand. I'm not going to spoil you, but I'll give you an example: There's a "secret" area that you can only access every once in a while. When it was first introduced, it had a few items of plot related importance, including a couple of cutscenes, but those can no longer be accessed or played in the game. You can still get to that "secret" area, but in order to view the story behind it, you'll have to go to YouTube. Basic things like that.

But honestly, it all leads up to how curious you are as a person. I didn't even know any of that stuff existed until literally 2 weeks ago! But yeah, have fun with the new adventures—there's a lot of 'em.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 11:08 (1320 days ago) @ Morpheus

But honestly, it all leads up to how curious you are as a person. I didn't even know any of that stuff existed until literally 2 weeks ago!

Which old things are you talking about? Can you reply with it in spoiler tags?

by squidnh3, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 11:19 (1320 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's really not a spoiler at this point, but he's talking about the Queen's Court stuff, where you would visit Mara once every 3 weeks when Forsaken was new. There was usually some sort of story tidbit, with the big one being the Uldren-is-now-Risen cutscene.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 12:39 (1320 days ago) @ squidnh3

It's really not a spoiler at this point, but he's talking about the Queen's Court stuff, where you would visit Mara once every 3 weeks when Forsaken was new. There was usually some sort of story tidbit, with the big one being the Uldren-is-now-Risen cutscene.

Ah ok. Thanks. What in game happened to make that cycle stop? Was there a story reason, or they just retired it?

by squidnh3, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 14:06 (1320 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ah ok. Thanks. What in game happened to make that cycle stop? Was there a story reason, or they just retired it?

Basically, Mara took off, giving us some pretty strong hints on things to come: here. The cycle in the Dreaming City continues, she just isn't in her throne room if you go there on the high curse weeks.

Thank you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 14:30 (1320 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 14:32 (1320 days ago) @ squidnh3

Forsaken was so good.

The Dreaming City is the best they’ve ever done for integrating the weekly play cycle with the story of the game. It felt cohesive in a way that Destiny usually doesn’t.

Yep, That One.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, August 16, 2020, 15:49 (1320 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread