Joseph Staten returns to Halo. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 20:44 (1310 days ago)
edited by cheapLEY, Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 20:48

According to Jason Schreier, Joseph Staten is being put into a leadership position at 343i. No real details, but it’s certainly an interesting development.

Edit: Confirmed via Waypoint

Joseph Staten returns to Halo.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 20:53 (1310 days ago) @ cheapLEY

[image]

(Finally some good news for 2020!)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 22:36 (1309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Cool! Surprised this didn't happen sooner, frankly. He's only been working at Microsoft for what, little under a decade now? And does this mean Halo:Infinite could have grunts that sound like grunts now? I wonder what behind the scenes needed to happen for this obvious thing to happen? Is it development hell? It wouldn't be a proper Halo title without a little development hell, right? Shame we can't get a little more of the gang back together for one last ride to support and teach how to make a proper Halo, with proper Halo Music & Gameplay, which would be... well that's just a dream. Every little bit helps though right?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 27, 2020, 09:54 (1309 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Shame we can't get a little more of the gang back together for one last ride to support and teach how to make a proper Halo, with proper Halo Music & Gameplay, which would be... well that's just a dream. Every little bit helps though right?

Well… maybe maybe not.

Halo Infinite has been in development for so long. Unless they are delaying to like 2022 or something I think the majority of the game is already going to be set in place. Who knows how much actual impact he could have on say, the story or campaign design.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I hope it works out for him. He went out on top when it came to Halo. It would be a real shame for his last Halo game to be one that's simply a last gasp from a nearly dead franchise.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 27, 2020, 13:28 (1309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Shame we can't get a little more of the gang back together for one last ride to support and teach how to make a proper Halo, with proper Halo Music & Gameplay, which would be... well that's just a dream. Every little bit helps though right?

Well… maybe maybe not.

Halo Infinite has been in development for so long. Unless they are delaying to like 2022 or something I think the majority of the game is already going to be set in place. Who knows how much actual impact he could have on say, the story or campaign design.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I hope it works out for him. He went out on top when it came to Halo. It would be a real shame for his last Halo game to be one that's simply a last gasp from a nearly dead franchise.

It's all about... time, or at least that's what I'm going to talk about here. What do they have in that time? What time do they have left? The window they gave was 2021. Halo Infinite is more than just a Halo game, it's Microsoft saying "we can make quality first party stuff too".

[image]

Ideally, that 2021 date is October - December. That would be enough time to have considerable impact on whatever state Halo Infinite is in right now. And yet! ... I far more expect a March 2021 date or so. In that case, well... for the sake of ease, let's say it's September (since we're less then a week left here in August). That would mean... oh, 4 or so months of content, but even then it's an open world game so the time everything gets frozen and turned into a bug collection and destruction dev-game may be a touch longer, and then maybe by late January things go Gold, and disks (are those still a thing :P) go to get printed and... yeah. Do able, but there is probably some unpaid overtime in there.

Whatever the timing turns out to be, whatever the result, I don't think this will impact Joes rep too hard (if I may be so informal). He'll still be an OG. Plus, he survived Halo 2's creation, so, that alone has to give some battle tested clout towards a hope that with at least his assistance, 343 will be able to pull off a proper Halo game.

Who?

by MartyTheElder, Thursday, August 27, 2020, 12:30 (1309 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

That dude who wrote the Sgt. Johnson sex scene

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 27, 2020, 12:56 (1309 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

Send Me Out... with a Bang!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 27, 2020, 13:29 (1309 days ago) @ Cody Miller

ಠ_ಠ

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread