Would like to do flawless, but... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 08:10 (1330 days ago)

I don't think I can handle the stress.

I guess I'm addressing squid here, but if a team got it down to a science like we did with Crota, I might be game. I just really, really don't want to be THAT GUY.

Would like to do flawless, but...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 09:20 (1330 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess I'm addressing squid here, but if a team got it down to a science like we did with Crota, I might be game. I just really, really don't want to be THAT GUY.

Let me let you in on a little secret:

When we were doing flawless raider… I was quite often THAT GUY :-p

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 04, 2020, 08:06 (1329 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Friday, September 04, 2020, 08:10

Let me let you in on a little secret:

When we were doing flawless raider… I was quite often THAT GUY :-p

Lol! I'm not so sure that's a little secret. ;)

I know I'm a liability, but for the record, I think I was responsible for only one wipe during our flawless Crota run.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 11:36 (1330 days ago) @ Kermit

It's sort of looking like the FTB isn't going to be the best way to build a team to get this done. If I get a team together, and if we get it done or we're 5/6 and need someone, I'll keep you in mind. From what I remember your death bugaboo on Scourge is the basement of the second encounter, which can be worked around.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 11:59 (1330 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm out of town this weekend, but if you have a future attempt I'd like to give it a shot.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:23 (1330 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ditto for me.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:47 (1330 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'll keep you guys in mind for future scheduling attempts. If anyone else in interested in getting this done before it goes in the DCV, feel free to post here.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:53 (1330 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'll keep you guys in mind for future scheduling attempts. If anyone else in interested in getting this done before it goes in the DCV, feel free to post here.

I'd be interested in giving it a shot. Might not be up to the task... but I'm interested. ;)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 16:42 (1329 days ago) @ squidnh3

I'm interested. I don't necessarily care about the triumph completion, but I think it would be fun to do and, as one of the original five DBO flawless raiders from back in November 2014, I think I got what it takes. /flex

/me endorses Speedracer513

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 18:46 (1329 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

/me endorses Speedracer513

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 19:30 (1329 days ago) @ CyberKN

Yeah he's solid.

But you know who NEVER messed up?

*CruelLegacy Dances*

Here.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, September 05, 2020, 18:16 (1327 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’d like to, but I don’t have enough regularity in my schedule at the moment to commit to a regular schedule. But I do the raid 3-4 times a month so I’m happy to sub in where I can until schedule settles.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:41 (1330 days ago) @ Kermit

Honestly, your best bet would be regularity. If you find a group that can go every single day, for hours on end, you guys can absolutely get it. There are sherpas that won't give up on you, but you can't give up either.

Now, I just checked Braytech and there aren't any titles related to Flawless raids (except for Rivensbane) so I can only assume this is basically a personal goal.
I won't ever do a flawless for that same reason--the stress! But if you want to, set aside some time and I know you can make it happen.

And don't worry...everyone is gonna be that guy.

Everyone.

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:50 (1330 days ago) @ Morpheus

Now, I just checked Braytech and there aren't any titles related to Flawless raids (except for Rivensbane) so I can only assume this is basically a personal goal.

"Blacksmith" requires the "Like A Diamond" triumph, which is completing the Flawless version of Scourge of the Past. "Shadow" requires "Crown of Ease", which is Flawless for Crown of Sorrow.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 13:51 (1330 days ago) @ Morpheus

Um... you're a little bit wrong here.

Blacksmith requires Like a Diamond, which is what Squid is shooting for (Scourge flawless).
Shadow requires Crown of Ease, which is flawless Crown of Sorrow.
In fact, only Enlightened (the GoS title) doesn't require a flawless raid completion.

Jeez, How Did I Miss All That? nvm, then.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 14:27 (1330 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, September 05, 2020, 18:04 (1327 days ago) @ Morpheus

This sounds right. I think the thing that got us through the VoG flawless was just getting to the point that nobody was ever surprised by anything (which is why I never tried to get flawless with Croata)

Also on my list....

by squidnh3, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 17:13 (1329 days ago) @ Kermit

Is Niobe Labs, which I understand is also a bit time consuming. Anyone interested in that one?

Also on my list....

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 19:20 (1329 days ago) @ squidnh3

Yeah, been meaning to get that done for a while and I've still got some of the info on how it's done, so we should give that a shot at some point too.

Also on my list....

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 19:30 (1329 days ago) @ squidnh3

I would be willing to devote an evening to that, I think.

YAAAAAASSSSS

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 20:24 (1329 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Niobe Labs Success!

by squidnh3, Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 09:55 (1325 days ago) @ squidnh3

Ended up trying out Niobe Labs with Claude and Zero this past weekend. None of us had watched any videos, we just had some basic image guides for the codes in front of us, so we had to figure out ad control strategies as we went. I think we spent around 3-4 hours on Friday night working out waves 1-6 and briefly failing a few wave 7 code tries, another hour on Saturday failing the wave 7 code, and then finally succeeded on Sunday night on the second or third try after some additional guidance on entering in the sniper player's (mine) code.

All in all it was fun and I'm glad we did it. The wave 7 stuff being so finicky was a bit frustrating, especially after it seemed like the previous 6 codes worked just fine once we got them down. It could have just been the pressure that was causing the issues. Working out the ad control strategies was fun given the weapon limitations (2 players basically have to run Hammerhead, which isn't very good for yellow bars anymore).

If anyone else is interested, I'd be willing to help.

Niobe Labs Success!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 10:02 (1325 days ago) @ squidnh3

Ended up trying out Niobe Labs with Claude and Zero this past weekend. None of us had watched any videos, we just had some basic image guides for the codes in front of us, so we had to figure out ad control strategies as we went. I think we spent around 3-4 hours on Friday night working out waves 1-6 and briefly failing a few wave 7 code tries, another hour on Saturday failing the wave 7 code, and then finally succeeded on Sunday night on the second or third try after some additional guidance on entering in the sniper player's (mine) code.

All in all it was fun and I'm glad we did it. The wave 7 stuff being so finicky was a bit frustrating, especially after it seemed like the previous 6 codes worked just fine once we got them down. It could have just been the pressure that was causing the issues. Working out the ad control strategies was fun given the weapon limitations (2 players basically have to run Hammerhead, which isn't very good for yellow bars anymore).

I participated in a thread on Reddit yesterday about that encounter, and mentioned the caveat that you shouldn't try to step on plates you're not actually using (make sure to go AROUND the ones you aren't using, instead of over them, if they're between your first and second). I got feedback that that might have been a problem (their first run after reading that caveat, which they hadn't seen before, was successful)... so it's possible that some of our mystery wipes were me not going wide enough around Wind to get from Butterfly to Sun. (I was much more careful on Saturday and Sunday, but given how finicky things were, I might not have been careful enough.)

Congrats! That thing truly is a gauntlet

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 10:23 (1325 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

squidnh3: Hey I would like to try and...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 03, 2020, 20:39 (1329 days ago) @ Kermit

INSANEdrive: You Son of a Bitch, I'm In.

[image]

Update:

by squidnh3, Friday, September 04, 2020, 08:13 (1329 days ago) @ Kermit

I've deleted the event for tonight, I'll reach out to those who expressed interest for rescheduling at a later date.

Update:

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, September 05, 2020, 12:43 (1328 days ago) @ squidnh3

I've deleted the event for tonight, I'll reach out to those who expressed interest for rescheduling at a later date.

I may not be as good as Kermit, but if you need another for that raid, I'd be up for practicing Flawless for ya.

I've been doing research on other folks flawless runs...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 11, 2020, 23:03 (1321 days ago) @ Kermit

I've seen some fairly standard fare. One group I watched were (almost) all Well-Locks who were using it as an emergency option, some I watched had a composition of Well-locks and Wormhusk Hunters. One I read about had a Titan purely for melting point as I recall, and in all of these cases, the weapons are usually the same in type.

Switching about as needed, folks who run this tend to be using some pulse/scout rifle or in some cases Crimson, a shotgun/sniper, and of course Whisper of the Worm, Sleeper Stimulant, or Thunderlord. Again... switching as needed.

But there is one thing I don't understand; Why does everyone insist on Whisper (or the like) when there is multiple clips of footage (which is admittedly far more dated) of 6 Outbreak Perfectedzz, just burning Insurrection Primes Health pool in 30 Seconds or so. It's really not even a fair comparison. Granted, it's fairly late when I'm posting this, but sans the fix where you can't make nanites while immune, and the removal of Lunafaction Boots "Infinite Ammo" (which is definitely being used in these clips) I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't still be the best way to burn the boss. Once the damage boost mechanic gets going, It's 30k a shot! With buffs! And with A Void Hunter Tossing an Oppressive 'nade, it could go even higher right? Results may very I suppose, but... can you blame me for asking when there is footage like this? That's a 28 Second finish with Primary ammo! (2:47 - 3:15) None of that "Low on Ammo" shenanigans, with virtually the same time to kill as Whisper (based on the clip at the top).

What am I missing? Why does no one (that I've found anyway) do this?

I've been doing research on other folks flawless runs...

by squidnh3, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 06:52 (1321 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Personally I've always been unimpressed any time I've been in a group that tried to use Outbreak, but presumably it can be good. I don't have the catalyst so that might be the issue.

I actually don't like Whisper for Insurrection Prime because of his twitching. I've been using Line in the Sand for a while now, and I've heard Queenbreaker is actually somehow good at DPS now.

You uh trying to fix that?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 18, 2020, 09:36 (1315 days ago) @ squidnh3

I don't have the catalyst so that might be the issue.

It's on my list of things to sort out before Nov 10th...

by squidnh3, Friday, September 18, 2020, 10:20 (1315 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It's on my list of things to sort out before Nov 10th...

Yes, but it's my understanding is that it takes 5 weeks of running it, so it's time to start.

I think it's less if we go for the ship as well?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 18, 2020, 11:28 (1315 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

I don't have this either.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 18, 2020, 12:57 (1315 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 18, 2020, 16:15 (1314 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’d be interested in getting that done, too.

Success!

by squidnh3, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 14:16 (1320 days ago) @ Kermit

We were actually able to complete "Like a Diamond" on our second attempt last evening. The actual run took some time because we discussed some different strategies for the boss fight for a while, but what we did worked pretty well. I know there are a couple of people who expressed interest but weren't in the group last night - if we can do it once, we can do it twice.

Success!

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 14:28 (1320 days ago) @ squidnh3

I’m totally willing to run it again for folks that still want the triumph. It was fun, and it went much better than I anticipated.

How did y'all handle the Sparrow part?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, September 13, 2020, 14:57 (1320 days ago) @ squidnh3

Not once have I run it without at least one person getting chomped by the Servitor...

How did y'all handle the Sparrow part?

by squidnh3, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 15:10 (1320 days ago) @ ZackDark

Not once have I run it without at least one person getting chomped by the Servitor...

So the dirty secret of this challenge is that you can have everyone except 2 people leave, those 2 drive the course and close the door, and then the 4 people rejoin before you move to the next area. It works because you don't rejoin dead at that point.

I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 people survive the sparrow run. There's just too much clashing.

Chappys Clan might be on to something.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 17:13 (1319 days ago) @ squidnh3

That was... far more enjoyable than I was expecting. All in all, it was by far the easiest raid play through I think I've had with DBO. Sans one hitch... it was right breezy. Kind of makes me want to do more of these things, but I suppose our experience is more an exception, not the rule. Apparently "Crown of Ease" is anything but, yet I wouldn't know. I've only done Crown of Sorrow once.

Congrats!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 19:50 (1319 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Well Done!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, September 14, 2020, 06:03 (1319 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread