*Words?* This Gambit Prime game I just had. (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 06, 2020, 16:55 (1320 days ago)

We were 0 Vs 100. The other team, or at least the one who came over to block, used Jötunn. It's homing one hit kill projectile with rocket like splash in a special brick doing what it does... be hella broken. They absorbed all our motes (we were in the lead) and we were back to square one while they where working on the Primeval.

To my Blueberry teams credit, they did not waver. This heavy blow only emboldened their resolve. We double timed to the Primeval stage while we rotated to keep the other team at bay.

We were doing it. We were stealing back our win from the hefty jaws of defeat. OMG... we're GOING TO DO IT! WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!

[image]

The other team won about 20 seconds after this picture. Please note the health bar.

[image]

Y'ALL! I NEED A HUG!

[image]

At the result of this, I'm pretty sure one person just, understandably, flat out rage quit.

TL;DR...

SIGH!

This.

F*

GAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaME!

*Words?* This Gambit Prime game I just had.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 07, 2020, 09:25 (1319 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The fact that you came back at all is wildly impressive. My experience with Prime was always that it just snowballed, and that a setback like that meant it was over. I guess that you experienced that setback at all disproves that point, but I very rarely saw anyone win if the other team was already deep in the Primeval phase.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 07, 2020, 10:19 (1319 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The fact that you came back at all is wildly impressive. My experience with Prime was always that it just snowballed, and that a setback like that meant it was over. I guess that you experienced that setback at all disproves that point, but I very rarely saw anyone win if the other team was already deep in the Primeval phase.

Exactly. This is why I bothered to even post this deeply frustrating moment. In a game where no one knows anyone else, no chat at all, just... everything fueled by everyone knowing (seemingly) what needed to be done and getting it done, regardless our position in the race. We were pulling off a stellar feat until Raid RNG shenanigans decided to check on in to my Gambit game and unfudge our win.

Oof! It still hurts!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 06:21 (1318 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just got Reckoner recently and I've gotta disagree. With the right post-primeval blockers and some solid invasions, you can absolutely demolish a team that summoned first.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread