The "TRAVELER'S CHOSEN" Exotic is Amazing (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 13:00 (1297 days ago)

I know some folks here have stepped away from Destiny for a time. This post is made primarily for said folks. You need to get this exotic. You need not fear missing out, because if you don't... and we don't know if you'll be able to get it again once Beyond Light hits... you will be missing out if don't get this sucker.

The quest line is stupid simple. And if you were never able to get a Mindbenders to drop, such as yours truly, you'll get one of those too! (Even though it's getting sunset.)

WHY is this thing so Amazing? Synergy folks! SYNERGY! The Build Potential of this exotic is off the charts!

Gift of the Traveler
Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon's reload, handling, and target acquisition.

What is Gathering Light?

Gathering Light
Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light.

• Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.

PVE foes count as 1 stack, PvP foes count as 3 stacks. Each stack is basically 10 % ability regenerated INSTANTLY if consumed.

If you still don't see how UTTERLY CRAZY this is... here, this might help.

What else is there to say?

The "TRAVELER'S CHOSEN" Exotic is Amazing

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 16:52 (1296 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This better be worth it. This quest is grindy as hell.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 17:45 (1296 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This better be worth it. This quest is grindy as hell.

Is that an ask or a tell? ... I'm not sure what to say other then an invisible gesture to my first post. Either you like what you see, what I've brought together to present in consideration, or you don't and there is no problem... right? Am I missing something here? ...

... It is a fairly grindy quest though for a veteran that's done all these things before. That said (and I'm agreeing to a post from the Destiny reddit), as a quest for Kinderguardians, it's not bad. A curated tour to content easily missed (in some cases).

It'd be a great introduction quest

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 18:01 (1296 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 19:36 (1296 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

No, it looks neat, hence me logging on for the first time in a long time. The quest just sucks and is annoying, because I have to do the Preparation step still, so I have to do the vendors’ busywork twice!

Curious if anyone has tried...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 05:00 (1296 days ago) @ cheapLEY

pairing it with Aeon armors?

I would imagine a fireteam using Traveler's Chosen in conjunction with the Aeon armors would be... a good thing.

"TRAVELER'S CHOSEN" Official Trailer

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:01 (1296 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Pretty Standard stuff, but... way to flex your powers Bungie. A Leviathan Raid intro but on the TOWER!?

I KNEW That Looked Familiar!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 14:53 (1295 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Was that Jade Rabbit Titan armor!?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 15:04 (1295 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

"Moonfang"

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 15:37 (1295 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

You can get it from the Prophecy Dungeon. (light.gg set & here is the exact link to the helm.)

"Moonfang"

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 07:18 (1295 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You can get it from the Prophecy Dungeon. (light.gg set & here is the exact link to the helm.)

Oh, cool! Thanks for that. I haven't done Prophecy yet.

"Moonfang"

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 11, 2020, 07:28 (1295 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Neither have I! Want to go in there tonight?

I'm game starting next week

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 07:48 (1295 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Neither have I! Want to go in there tonight?

I'd love to get the armor for my Titan. If you wanna go blind, I'm not your guy.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 11, 2020, 08:37 (1295 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Nah, I don’t care about blind. I’m going to try to go through it this weekend. I do like that armor, so if you want to try to set up a regular time for a weekly run, I’m down for that.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:21 (1295 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Nah, I don’t care about blind. I’m going to try to go through it this weekend. I do like that armor, so if you want to try to set up a regular time for a weekly run, I’m down for that.

I'm not nearly leveled enough for it (this is the newest one right?). I would love to do it eventually. Also I'm leaving early next morning anyway.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 10:07 (1295 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm not nearly leveled enough for it (this is the newest one right?). I would love to do it eventually. Also I'm leaving early next morning anyway.

What level are you?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 13:07 (1295 days ago) @ kidtsunami

What level are you?

A lowly 1017. You have to be like 1040 to contribute right?

Nope

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:06 (1294 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Boss fight is 1040 and I think first fight is 1020. You can definitely contribute every step of the way, just need to be on your toes by the end.

Really?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:28 (1294 days ago) @ ZackDark

The recommended power on the Director is 1040. That used to mean the activity started at that Power, not finished there. Maybe they’ve changed how that works though.

Really?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:34 (1294 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The recommended power on the Director is 1040. That used to mean the activity started at that Power, not finished there. Maybe they’ve changed how that works though.

Yeah, I remember someone posting that it starts at 1040 and the final boss is 1060, but my memory is shit so what do I know?

Either way, I'd be willing to try it in the next couple weeks (and after next Tuesday) if you want to either wait or do it again cheapLEY

Really?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 11, 2020, 15:46 (1294 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, just hit me up when you’re ready. I’ll be up for running it again.

Almost

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:45 (1294 days ago) @ ZackDark

Boss fight is 1040 and I think first fight is 1020. You can definitely contribute every step of the way, just need to be on your toes by the end.

First fight is 1040. Boss fight is 1060.

My very first run we had two people in the low 1050s, and Speed was 1028. We managed, but it was hard.

Isn't the hard cap 1060?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 11, 2020, 23:25 (1294 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Am I messing everything? I definitely tried it first time at 1020 and completed it a week later at 1040-and-change. Not a cake walk, no, but we really only hit a wall when we got a specific configuration of the boss room, which wasn't guaranteed to happen.

Yes...

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 10:17 (1294 days ago) @ ZackDark

Am I messing everything? I definitely tried it first time at 1020 and completed it a week later at 1040-and-change. Not a cake walk, no, but we really only hit a wall when we got a specific configuration of the boss room, which wasn't guaranteed to happen.

...if you don't count the artifact.

Regardless, my numbers are correct; the opening fight is 1040, the boss fight is 1060. If you finished it with everyone in the 1040s, it just means you're decent at fighting underleveled. ;) (Squid actually enjoys that, but most of us would rather be AT level (or above). I still feel overwhelmed occasionally, and I'm currently 1090.)

Yes...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 10:26 (1294 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Regardless, my numbers are correct; the opening fight is 1040, the boss fight is 1060. If you finished it with everyone in the 1040s, it just means you're decent at fighting underleveled. ;) (Squid actually enjoys that, but most of us would rather be AT level (or above). I still feel overwhelmed occasionally, and I'm currently 1090.)

So out of curiosity here…

Is a difference of 20 levels absolute or relative?. Like is 1040 to 1060 the same jump as 300 to 320 in the King's fall era? Or is it felt less because the difference is ~2% vs ~7%?

Yes...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 12, 2020, 12:48 (1294 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is a difference of 20 levels absolute or relative?. Like is 1040 to 1060 the same jump as 300 to 320 in the King's fall era? Or is it felt less because the difference is ~2% vs ~7%?

They have completely revamped the level numbers, so it's definitely different than back in the day. However, to answer your question, I think 750 to 800 is the same "debuff" as 1000 to 1050. It's really hard to gauge because the available activities at 800 are so different than the ones at 1000+.

Yes...

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 12, 2020, 14:37 (1293 days ago) @ ZackDark

They have completely revamped the level numbers, so it's definitely different than back in the day. However, to answer your question, I think 750 to 800 is the same "debuff" as 1000 to 1050. It's really hard to gauge because the available activities at 800 are so different than the ones at 1000+.

Yeah, I don't think I could say one way or another whether it's comparable to D1 stuff... but if you're more than 50 levels below the enemies, you can't do damage to them.

It's 100 power levels now

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 12, 2020, 16:18 (1293 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's 100 power levels now

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:04 (1293 days ago) @ ZackDark

When enemies are 100 Power levels or higher above the player, they are immune to damage

Unless I missed the rollback

Nah, you're almost certainly right. I'd forgotten about that.

I remember running Pit of Heresy with Korny's up-and-coming character - I think it was 750 at the time. He could still do things like drop a well, but he couldn't help with enemy damage. It was fun. :)

Little tip for the armor

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 11, 2020, 10:11 (1295 days ago) @ cheapLEY

There's a hidden chest in the Wastelands with an extra armor drop. I don't remember if it is CODA or Moonfang, but either way it's gorgeous armor

Little tip for the armor

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 11, 2020, 10:18 (1295 days ago) @ ZackDark

There's a hidden chest in the Wastelands with an extra armor drop. I don't remember if it is CODA or Moonfang, but either way it's gorgeous armor

There are actually 2 hidden chests; the second one is on the rainbow road, right before you get elevated to the final area.

Both chests can give you anything in your loot pool (Moonfang or CODA armor, or weapons).

Yeah, I can show them the wasteland and rainbow road ones

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 11, 2020, 10:19 (1295 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Can we talk about this quest?

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 19:46 (1295 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 19:51

It’s good, actually?

The Preparation step sucks, because the weekly bounties all suck. But the part where you’re actually doing the exotic quest was fun. I enjoyed revisiting the Heroic Adventures (the first time I’ve done any of those in well over a year).

And the lore book for it is neat! It’s still the greatest weakness of Destiny that the lore books must exist. Why can’t we actually experience any of this?! Asher walked into the Pyramidion alone, killed hundreds and hundreds of Vex, then collapsed the entire structure on his head! I want to see that cutscene!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 10, 2020, 19:56 (1295 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s good, actually?

The Preparation step sucks, because the weekly bounties all suck. But the part where you’re actually doing the exotic quest was fun. I enjoyed revisiting the Heroic Adventures (the first time I’ve done any of those in well over a year).

And the lore book for it is neat! It’s still the greatest weakness of Destiny that the lore books must exist. Why can’t we actually experience any of this?! Asher walked into the Pyramidion alone, killed hundreds and hundreds of Vex, then collapsed the entire structure on his head! I want to see that cutscene!

I want a cutscene showing the adventures of Colonel, Lord of Pigeons.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10:53 (1293 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s good, actually?

I did the quest yesterday and had a lot of fun doing it. Some of those boss battles were pretty beefy for a low light scrub like me but for my play style, it was a perfectly paced quest. As soon as I completed it I had to log off so I've not even had a chance to use the new gun.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread