Who managed to snag a next-gen console? (Gaming)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 13:33 (1283 days ago)

I got an Xbox Series X!

Who managed to snag a next-gen console?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:20 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

I got an Xbox Series X!

Nice! Did you order any games with it? What games are on your radar?

I'm nervous to get one day one given the launch history of xbox consoles. There also aren't any games that have grabbed my attention. Halo and Flight Simulator are my most anticipated but who knows when they will come out.

I'm also curious how much a Series X will improve my current games.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:23 (1283 days ago) @ ManKitten

I got an Xbox Series X!

I didn't get to snag one, but I'm looking forward to the using the XSX power for the new AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk: 2077

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:26 (1283 days ago) @ ManKitten

I got an Xbox Series X!

I'm nervous to get one day one given the launch history of xbox consoles. There also aren't any games that have grabbed my attention. Halo and Flight Simulator are my most anticipated but who knows when they will come out.

I'm planning on hitting D2: Beyond Light pretty hard at launch. Then Cyberpunk. I also cannot wait for Flight Simulator! But yeh, Halo is the big one for next year (was hoping for this year but...)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:29 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

Halo is the big one for next year (was hoping for this year but...)

Well since you got the big fancy pants 4K Xbox X, maybe YOU should capture the cutscenes for the Halo Library instead of me :-p

haha. I'll see what I can do. :)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:32 (1283 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:50 (1283 days ago) @ ManKitten

I got an Xbox Series X!

Pretty much right where I am at. I think I'm going to wait until after Christmas to pick one up.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:33 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

I missed it. I had a Series X in my cart at Best Buy for 30 minutes, but it kept erroring out of checkout and then it finally just told me they were out of stock.

Maybe they’ll get more stock before launch. I remember there being a few waves for the launch last generation, and I managed to snag one then.

This is what I'm hoping for

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 19:17 (1283 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 14:52 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

I got an Xbox Series X!

Grabbed a couple of PS5s with no issue.

I have decided against the Series S. The price is great, but the significantly gutted internals really don’t make it much better than the One X for me to justify the jump.

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:12 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

Wish I could have. Went to my local mall's gamestop before they even opened aaaaaaaaaaand they were already sold out by the time I got there. Had to ask one of the dudes to put me on a waitlist for in store pre-order availability, but who knows what's gonna happen with that.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 15:15 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

In theory, I have... but I'm not so sure. It was so... painless for me. I did see some 503 errors when things hit 11 and the "race" started, but for me nothing really blew up or anything. I was in, information, and order confirmed. With all the news of Pre-order Shenanigans, I'm holding my breath at the moment that the shoe won't drop me a "We're Sorry" message. That the order can't be completed. On top of that, this apparent "victory" is partially pyrrhic. Pre-2020, there was a plan to save up and get not only a fresh box of tech, but a new tv as well. Unless the stars change for the better, I'll be playing on my increasingly long in the tooth 12 year old (more or less) 1080 tv. Frankly I shouldn't really be grabbing anything in the upper hundreds this year that doesn't feed or protect but, man... I want something nice this year, should it be allowed.

Did you get the right one?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 18:18 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 18:24 (1283 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Not even the marketing teams know what's going on anymore

See?? SEE?!?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 20:00 (1283 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 21:02 (1283 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Legitimately, there was part of me that was asking if the reason I had the ease I did was because of the naming convention... and as it turns out, maybe. Maybe.

Remember, it's not XOX, it's XSX.

I've said it before, I'll say it again

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 21:12 (1283 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

"Series" is an awful name for an iteration of a platform...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, September 24, 2020, 07:34 (1282 days ago) @ ZackDark

I just call it the SeX Box.

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, September 24, 2020, 10:59 (1281 days ago) @ unoudid

That does seem like a natural evolution of the XBONE

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 24, 2020, 11:56 (1281 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

That does seem like a natural evolution of the XBONE

[image]

What's the next one going to be called? Scary...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 24, 2020, 12:15 (1281 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

What's the next one going to be called? Scary...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 24, 2020, 12:17 (1281 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Scary Box
Sporty Box
Baby Box
Posh Box
Ginger Box

The posh box will do 8K 240 fps and cost a zillion dollars.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 22:03 (1283 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Remember, it's not XOX, it's XSX.

Not to be confused with SxS. I think this was just a dumb name all around.

Pre-ordered a Series X from microsoft.com took 17 minutes

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 07:56 (1283 days ago) @ breitzen

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:44 (1282 days ago) @ breitzen

I got an Xbox Series X!

[image]

;)

love you too. :)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:35 (1282 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:46 (1282 days ago) @ breitzen

Me.

Had Microsoft, Xbox, Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart up in tabs and was refreshing 20 minutes before the top of the hour. I only ever got to the carts of Xbox and Target, but those both failed. Finally, nearly an hour later, I watched refresh to refresh as Amazon prepared their listing and refreshed past some “Oops somethings wrong” pages and snagged one.

I missed out.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, September 27, 2020, 12:17 (1278 days ago) @ breitzen

If anyone hears of resupply, by all means post and/or send me a message.

Yeah, same.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Sunday, September 27, 2020, 21:41 (1278 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread