Streaming trying to beat Prophecy solo (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 17:19 (1291 days ago)

Hooray! You Suck! ;D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 17:25 (1291 days ago) @ kidtsunami

;-)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 18:30 (1291 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

FLAWLESS BABY

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 18:26 (1291 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

YAY!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 20:08 (1291 days ago) @ kidtsunami

hahahaha

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, October 03, 2020, 20:26 (1291 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Congrats!

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 04, 2020, 12:07 (1290 days ago) @ kidtsunami

What class and loadout did you roll with?

Thanks!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 05, 2020, 06:46 (1289 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What class and loadout did you roll with?

Devourlock

Helmet

• Concussive Dampener
  • Auto Rifle Targeting
  • Heavy Ammo Finder
  • Taken Barrier

Arms

• Boss Resist
  • Large Weapon Loader
  • Hive Armaments

Chest

• Major Resist
  • Unflinching Grenade Launcher Aim
  • Overload Grenades

Legs

• Minor Resist
  • Enhanced Sword Scavenger
  • Taken Armaments

Bond

• Major Resist
  • Oppressive Darkness

Weapons
First boss - Mountaintop / Riskrunner / Falling Guillotine
Wasteland - Mountaintop / Gnawing Hunger / Xenophage
Cube encounter - Mountaintop / Riskrunner / Wendigo GL3
Final encounter dunking phase - Mountaintop / Gnawing Hunger / Anarchy
Final encounter damage phase - Mountaintop / Point of the Stag / Anarchy

What is wild about this, is this was my first proper attempt

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 05, 2020, 07:02 (1289 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I have been wanting to do it solo (not flawless) for awhile now and recently was like "ok well it holds your checkpoint over from week to week, I might as well just brute force my way through it checkpoint to checkpoint and get that ghost".

I was midway through the final boss encounter when my friend pointed out that it doesn't count if you go to orbit...

So I stopped (not even bothering to complete it) and set aside time Saturday night to make a proper solo run.

I wasn't even being overly cautious, for example, on the rainbow road I still rode my sparrow like I normally do and it's one of the only times I've survived the run (I even had an awkward moment where I didn't get sucked up by the rainbow road exit for a few seconds...).

I can't tell you how many times I had close calls with mountaintop...

Anyways, it's when I had the boss health down to half that I thought "wait, I MAY be able to do this... I gotta take it seriously" and got up and stretched before the final stretch.

Got mine!

by squidnh3, Sunday, October 25, 2020, 15:48 (1269 days ago) @ kidtsunami

After the announcement that we are losing the OP mods, I figured I should give this a go. My first attempt last weekend went horrifying bad - it probably took me 3 hours just to beat the first boss. After some modifications to my approach and finally starting to grasp the nuances of playing Devourlock, my attempts this weekend went much better and I got it on my third try.

My loadouts:
Phalanx: Witherhoard, Recluse, Guillotine
Cube: Mountaintop, Riskrunner, Guillotine
Final Boss: Mountaintop, Gnawing Hunger, Anarchy

Congrats!

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:55 (1269 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Hell yeah!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 26, 2020, 06:19 (1268 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

For posterity, again, HELL YEAH!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 26, 2020, 06:21 (1268 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Congratulations to kid & squid!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, October 26, 2020, 08:41 (1268 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I can't even imagine doing this.

(P.S. Thanks to Claude and squid for helping through the pit last night. It was a lot of fun, and I finally got xenophage!)

Congratulations to kid & squid!

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 26, 2020, 08:47 (1268 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't even imagine doing this.

(P.S. Thanks to Claude and squid for helping through the pit last night. It was a lot of fun, and I finally got xenophage!)

I really like that boss fight. I know it’s hard for Bungie to put faith in its community, because judging by my typical Crucible teammates, everyone who plays Destiny is a brain dead eleven year old with one arm, but I wish they’d make some more bosses like that in strikes so I can see them more than once.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread