New exotics trailer (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 07:59 (1296 days ago)

Barrier shield into overall shield? YES PLEASE!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 08:20 (1296 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Combine No Time To Explain with Getaway Artists...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 08:40 (1296 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And you won't even need a fireteam anymore.

Text Version of this Weapons and Gear Trailer

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 08:45 (1296 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 09:03

Weapons:

• No Time To Explain - Personal protection portal
  • Precision hits and hits against enemies affected by Stasis will return to the magazine. Stack this effect to summon a portal which will fire bullets from an alternate timeline of the weapon.
  • Cloudstrike - Lightning on precision hits
  • Precision final blows will generate lightning bolts at the target location. Rapid precision shots will summon an entire storm at the point of impact.
  • The Lament - Shred barrier shields
  • A mortal blade, a stalwart shield. Block with The Lament to rev the blade, then shred through shielded enemies. At its peak, damaging an enemy will heal the wielder.
  • Salvation's Grip - Launch Stasis projectiles
  • Redemption is within your grasp. Each fired projectile will create Stasis crystals that will freeze nearby targets. Charge to increase the amount of crystals created and the freeze radius.

Armor:

• Titan:
  • Icefall Mantle - Replaces barricade with overshield
  • Stand tall against the oncoming hordes with this reinforced armor that replaces the Titan’s Barricade with Overshield, absorbing damage from incoming fire.
  • Precious Scars - Revive creates shielding aura
  • Prove your strength, even when coming back from the brink. Upon revives, the Titan gains an Overshield aura that protects the wearer and nearby allies.

• Hunter:
  • Mask of Bakris - Shift replaces dodge
  • Don the Mask to replace the Hunter’s Dodge ability with a longer range Shift ability that also temporarily cloaks the wearer during use.
  • Athrys's Embrace - Superior weighted knife
  • The Hunter’s weighted knife gains a second ricochet; rapid precision hits gain a damage bonus and can temporarily stagger enemies.

• Warlock:
  • Dawn Chorus - Improved burns and Daybreak damage
  • Feel that sweet burn. The Warlock’s Daybreak projectiles deal extra damage and cause enemies to burn on contact. Gain melee energy each time a burn damages a target.
  • Necrotic Grip - Melee spread poison
  • A deadly caress, compounded. Melee attacks corrupt enemies with increasing damage over time. Defeating a corrupted combatant spreads the corruption to nearby targets and restores melee energy.

Text Source

Fancy Bungie Site for Text.

DBO Bug Report

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 08:57 (1296 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So check it, part of my post above isn't showing for me, but the full text is there if quoted. The part for me which doesn't seem to render is;

Text Source

It should be at the very bottom of the post.

DBO Bug Report

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 12:21 (1295 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So check it, part of my post above isn't showing for me, but the full text is there if quoted. The part for me which doesn't seem to render is;

Text Source

It should be at the very bottom of the post.

There was an open list tag above your text (but no close tag), so the html was hosed. I removed the open tag, and now your link text shows up.

Error noted for future reference. Thank you.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 14:11 (1295 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Comments: Well... I wasn't hyped.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 09:22 (1295 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, October 07, 2020, 09:47

But now? Maybe. Maybe just a little bit. It doesn't help that two of the exotics have perks that I have in a "Wouldn't that be cool" list of exotic perks. What? Oh I know I can't be the only one who - in the escape of a task - mentally thought about what would be a cool exotic right? RIGHT!?

Anyway, the two I speak of is the Hunter "Mask of Bakris" where Shift AkA Teleport replaces a physical dodge & the Titan exotic "Precious Scars" where Revive creates shielding aura, though in that exotics case I had it more of a rework of Light Beyond Nemesis. Something to bump up the "I'm the team healer" aspect of Well-lock. Oh well.

Why is Athrys's Embrace a helm? Wouldn't something that buffs knives be more arm based? Eh.

Edit: On Second viewing, it is a arm exotic, but it's so subtle that the presumably Legendary helm looked more exotic to me.
[image]

Not currently a fan of the VFX on Mask of Bakris. D1's Shadowstep VFX was better looking. Like they just have the mesh disappear, and then reappear with with some (I presume) cards for a flash or two... and it's just... there is no flare at all. If I had to guess, the timings make options slim, but... COME ON! It's so NOT Hunter-y. Freeking Transmat gets better VFX. The more I watch the part with this the more disappointed I get. There are so many options that have already been made that could be co-oped into this! Look at this! This would have been better alone! ...Gaaaa... ok I'll stop now. (IT BOTHERS ME DANG IT!)

As a Warlock Main, It's really really sad that an exotic is needed for the Dawnblade Super to be usable in PvE. That said, with the addition of "Gain melee energy", I really hope that means they did something for bottom tree as well.

Necrotic Grip could be absolutely NUTS! Maybe. Possibly.

TL;DR: My poor poor vault.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread