My first trip to Seattle *longish* *IMGs* (DBO)

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 06:32 (3818 days ago)

So, this is WAY overdue. Apologies to those who helped make my trip a success. My procrastination in writing this does not reflect the amount of appreciation I have for you. I’m just a lazy bum who pretends that he has “real life obligations” to attend to.

Anyway, on with the show.

On 10/5, the GF and I made our way to Oregon for a mutual friend’s wedding, and we decided to stretch that trip into a Pacific Northwest vacation that would take us from Portland, up the coast of Oregon, Seattle, San Juan Island (OMG you must go!), and then back to Seattle. And sitting here reflecting on it, that was a helluva wise decision. Man, the Pacific Northwest is beautiful! See?!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Kermit, this one’s for you. I saw this in Pike Place Market.
[image]

True story, it only rained twice on us the whole trip! The weather couldn’t have been any better – so I hear. Anywho, some of you might be familiar with my weak, pathetic attempt on our dear forum at gaining access to one Bungie Studios. Alas, that plea fell on deaf ears, but I was bound and determined not to let that ruin this Bungie fan’s first trip to Seattle. I would have my Bungie flavored fun! (My plan at that point involved driving by their digs and looking forlornly out the window of the rental car.)

A day before we left for Oregon, I sent Mr. Claude Errera an email requesting a first ever meet up between us. And lo and behold, Mr. Errera responds from the wilds of Alaska with a resounding yes! Score! This trip to Seattle has been salvaged! At this point, anything else is just lagniappe. So, the GF and I meet Claude and his lovely wife, Becky, for lunch at Lunchbox Laboratory (familiar to anyone???). Turns out, Claude is even more awesome in person than he is on XBL. Who knew?!! So, with stomachs full and hearts filled with joy we part ways with me hoping this isn’t the last time we get to hang out. Cool dude, that Errera.

Proof!!

[image]
And that boys and girls, was my first trip to Seattle. I don’t think it could’ve been any better. <3 everyone that made it so special.

- CC

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

So yeah, to all the haters out there, I totally got to go to Bungie. And it was EPIC! See?

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I didn’t get to go upstairs, but I’m not sure I could’ve handled it. The lobby, spandex palace, the props and awards, and even the bathrooms were amazing to behold. And when I left I felt a sense of peace and warm urine against my leg. It really was awesome to walk those hallowed halls – of the lobby.

DeeJ, thank you ever so much for showing this redneck around your digs. It was truly one of the coolest things I’ve ever had the privilege of doing. And to that awesome someone, thanks for what you did. <3<3<3

And that, my friends, was my first trip to Seattle!

- CC Why not? They’re delicious!

P.S. Being stealthily written about in the Weekly Update was almost as cool as touring Bungie. Almost…

My first trip to Seattle *longish* *IMGs*

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 06:53 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

I don't which is funnier, how short you are compared to Chief or how short you are compared to Claude. Glad you had a good time Cane. You should totally come out for that PAX thing that happens every year.

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 07:10 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Bro that's so freakin cool. I knew it was you in the update. I haven't seen you since RTX 2012 but we need to get together and play some Halo or something.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 07:19 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

That's awesome man, and beautiful photos! Where were those first three taken?

I'd love to see Bungie Studios like that someday. :)

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:53 (3817 days ago) @ Leviathan

Thanks! The first pic is from the ferry ride over to San Juan island. The second is of the needles of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach. And the third is a spot somewhere near Yachats, OR. The drive up the Oregon Coast is stunning.

- CC

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 18:46 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Thanks! The first pic is from the ferry ride over to San Juan island. The second is of the needles of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach. And the third is a spot somewhere near Yachats, OR. The drive up the Oregon Coast is stunning.

- CC

Now that's it getting colder, I'll be wearing my Cannon Beach hoodie all the time again. Loved that place!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 08:25 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

A post hasn't made this happy in a long time (and lots of posts here make me happy). Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Kudos to whoever pulled the strings to get you into Bungie Mecca.

Thanks for capturing that hilarious engraving, too. Says it all, don't it?

King Kerm to most, but just Kerm to you, friend.

P.S. And yes, Becky and Claude? Good people.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:35 (3817 days ago) @ Kermit

A post hasn't made this happy in a long time (and lots of posts here make me happy). Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Kudos to whoever pulled the strings to get you into Bungie Mecca.

best people.

~m

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:25 (3817 days ago) @ Kermit

It definitely says it all. Just so you know, it was Destiny that I found it. This is one of a bajillion floor tiles at Pike Place Market. Which is an amazing place if you've never been.

<3

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 08:50 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Did you happen to see the TSD Gaming House while you were there?

I have heard it looks like this.

[image]

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:22 (3817 days ago) @ Kalamari

Did you happen to see the TSD Gaming House while you were there?

I have heard it looks like this.

[image]

Sadly, no, but if that's what it looks like, I gotta get back to Seattle!

- CC

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 07:22 (3814 days ago) @ Kalamari

I read this post days ago. Finally got it.

LOL!

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 09:02 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

T'was my pleasure. And, yeah, thanks for the pearl of inspiration that helped me write that update. Meeting people who love our games is the best thing about working for Bungie - at least I think so.

<3

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:59 (3817 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

You're a Twilight fan, aren't ya?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 09:23 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

The coast is such a beautiful area and there's so much of it! One of my favorite locales on this pretty blue dot. :)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 12:29 (3818 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Very cool. That's a trip I would love to take. Glad you got to see Bungoe and our dear leader.

Hmm...checking Google maps it's a 36 hour drive. If I left right now I could be there by Friday...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:07 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

[image]

Claude just gets more and more cuddly as time goes on.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:18 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Who can we credit for those photos? You, or the missus?

Dang, bro. Gorgeous shots.

LOL

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:21 (3817 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Nice trigger discipline!

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:04 (3817 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Who can we credit for those photos? You, or the missus?>

I think all of these are from me save the ones of me. LOL But she also took some very nice pics that are equally as good.

Dang, bro. Gorgeous shots.

Thanks!

Oh, btw. I know my way around weapons. Safety first! LOL

- CC

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 18:28 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Oh, btw. I know my way around weapons. Safety first! LOL

- CC

I'm laughing about this again. You see gamer discussions lamenting the horrible safety habits of video game heroes, and there you are, next to one of the biggest ones, index finger out like a muthafucka!

So classic, bro. Classic.

Sweet! Some gorgeous shots there.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 14:33 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

- No text -

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 20:44 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Awesome writeup! Sounds like you had a ton of fun.

So, the GF and I meet Claude and his lovely wife, Becky, for lunch at Lunchbox Laboratory (familiar to anyone???).

Yep, Claude and Becky are indeed familiar (and awesome). I suppose Lunchbox Laboratory is pretty cool as well. :P

even the bathrooms were amazing to behold.

Heh, I love that weird little nook next to the urinals.

And when I left I felt a sense of peace and warm urine against my leg. It really was awesome to walk those hallowed halls – of the lobby.

Wait, you visited the bathroom but didn't actually use it?

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 08:40 (3817 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Awesome writeup! Sounds like you had a ton of fun.

Thanks!

So, the GF and I meet Claude and his lovely wife, Becky, for lunch at Lunchbox Laboratory (familiar to anyone???).

Yep, Claude and Becky are indeed familiar (and awesome). I suppose Lunchbox Laboratory is pretty cool as well. :P

My writing is impeccable. OBVIOUSLY

even the bathrooms were amazing to behold.

Heh, I love that weird little nook next to the urinals.

Duncan, do you need to tell us something? LOL

And when I left I felt a sense of peace and warm urine against my leg. It really was awesome to walk those hallowed halls – of the lobby.

Wait, you visited the bathroom but didn't actually use it?

Um, well. Uh... you see... You know what I meant! LMAO

Jealous! Awesome!

by yakaman, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 09:46 (3817 days ago) @ CaneCutter

- No text -

Kickass!

by Spawn ⌂, Saturday, November 09, 2013, 06:48 (3815 days ago) @ CaneCutter

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread