Last Wish, Legit Riven strat. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 19:45 (1270 days ago)

I’ve never finished Last Wish. I’d like to change that. I also know there’s been some interest in doing a legitimate Riven kill, so we can do that, too.

I made a FTB event for Saturday. If you’re interested but that doesn’t work for you, post here and we can try to make something work. I’m free almost any evening, I just figured a weekend would be best for most folks. I don’t have any particular preference.

Last Wish, Legit Riven strat.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 02:44 (1270 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm interested, but Saturday I can't.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 06:09 (1270 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ve never finished Last Wish. I’d like to change that. I also know there’s been some interest in doing a legitimate Riven kill, so we can do that, too.

I made a FTB event for Saturday. If you’re interested but that doesn’t work for you, post here and we can try to make something work. I’m free almost any evening, I just figured a weekend would be best for most folks. I don’t have any particular preference.

I see you have Elected for the way of... Pain. I've done it legit. It is a moderately lengthy segment with little room for error. Nothing new for Raids, I know, but I really can not overstate how easy it can be to screw up. Often because of "the Eyes" mechanic, if not something else.

Here is the Legit way (2018). Here is the Cheese as of Season of Arrivals (2020). I've embedded them, as it is unknown to me how much you care, seeing as you have never beaten this raid.

If you just want to get to the meat and potatos... all you need do is wish it. (#7)

[image]

Other wise... well goodness this is a long raid.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 06:48 (1270 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Oh, I did this raid blind back in the day, we just never beat Riven. I think we played up to Riven like four times over a month and just never got it done.

I’d like to do the whole raid because I like it a lot and haven’t done it since it was new. I’m not too fussed about Riven, but I figured we could try it a bit and then cheese it we need to.

Absolutely!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 12:22 (1270 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've always wanted to do the legit method—it's worth it for the music alone! Everyone I've ever asked always said no way in hell. But I want to do it for real, damn it.

And this is totally up to you since it's your event, but I'd really like to try some of the other wishes if that's okay—I've heard the wished voices can be very funny...

Just did it last weekend for the first time

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 13:27 (1270 days ago) @ Morpheus

It's really not that bad if you're all very familiar with the symbols and have a handy chart for deposits and have text chat to keep things consistent and well-recorded and...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 16:01 (1269 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Can someone stream it?

I have never completed this raid either, but I’m not picking up the game again. I’d love to kinda just watch you all do it.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 29, 2020, 16:21 (1269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sure!

I guess I’ll have download the twitch app to test it out, now that Mixer isn’t integrated anymore.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread