New destiny drawing board!! (Destiny)

by GrimBrother IV, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:07 (3816 days ago)

I love the curves

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:16 (3816 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

And the display is gorgeous.

I love the curves

by GrimBrother IV, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:34 (3816 days ago) @ Xenos

SO 80s sci-fi, very classic. I don't even like it, but I love it.

I really want to hear what some of these weapons sound like.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 15:52 (3816 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

- No text -

"PEW PEW PEW" "BLAM BLAM BLAM" "PEW BLAM PEW?"

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 16:03 (3816 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Relevant post is Relevant

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 17:11 (3816 days ago) @ Malagate

Probably like this...

...so deadly. :)

I love the curves

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 20:03 (3816 days ago) @ Xenos

Reminds you of a certain assault rifle, doesn't it?

[image]

I love the curves

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 21:14 (3816 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Reminds you of a certain assault rifle, doesn't it?

[image]

I've never been a fan of the assault rifle's big ammo counter and lack of sights. At least this one has a nice holographic sight on top. I really don't know why it has a front sight since it's hidden by the ammo counter.

I wonder what kind of ammo this fires. It has a detachable magazine, so it must not be some kind of energy weapon. I might guess that one of the bars on the display might be some kind of overheat warning. And what is that attachment on the front? A laser? Looks like it has a on/off button up near the ammo display.

I love the curves

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 16:34 (3815 days ago) @ bluerunner

Why couldn't it be an energy weapon? The first thought that occurred to me was that instead of conventional cartridges, the magazine held a series of ejectable capacitors. The attachment on the front is the aiming laser, and when the trigger is pulled, a significant electron discharge from the chambered capacitor follows the path of the beam to the target.

Effectively a lightning gun.

The physics of the concept are solid. The only thing that makes me think this is unlikely is that we've already seen the Thunderlord in action. So such a representation of a lightning-based weapon isn't line with what's already been established.

So I'm sure I'm wrong, there. But it would be a prime idea.

~m

Incredible.

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 19:35 (3816 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Every new weapon shown is even cooler than the last.

That's the sexiest gun yet

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Wednesday, November 06, 2013, 23:13 (3816 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Also love the Mass Effect 1-ish display :)

Really loving the variety

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 01:59 (3816 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

The way they're branding each gun is going to make finding and playing with each one quite the experience. Looking forward to it.

Mass Effect is the predate to Destiny

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, November 07, 2013, 07:14 (3815 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Very mass effect-y, does that mean the reapers really wiped out everybody on the dance floor?

Schmexy!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, November 08, 2013, 10:01 (3814 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Love the lines. Their designers DEFINITELY know what they're doin. ;)

New destiny drawing board!!

by ridum, Sunday, November 10, 2013, 03:51 (3813 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

When I first saw the Arcus, my 1st thought was 'the new BR'…

Yeah, it does look a little bit battlestar ish but I like it…

New destiny drawing board!!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, December 02, 2013, 18:43 (3790 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

This is really late but no one noticed this here (in this thread or later ones, if the search results are right).
“The Regime is a prized heirloom from the Arcus foundry, a one-off design that predates their current reputation for basic, droid-friendly equipment.”
That implies this gun, and a lot of others, are less droid-friendly. The most likely reason for this would be simply how they function (although some guns just not being to droids' tastes is possible and would be interesting and possibly funny). That raises some questions. I'm wondering if it points to some unique ability, or possibly a common ability but a different presentation of it, for Exos. Aiming comes to mind, because I'm reminded of the "smart-link" Spartans can have with scoped weapons in Halo.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread