Has anyone else dug into remapping buttons on controller? (Destiny)

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 17:33 (1244 days ago)

So has anyone else used the remap function in Destiny yet? Finally dived into using it a few days ago. Wanted to come up with an easier way for me to start a slide. Started with a long press of L1/L2 being a mapping for 'hold crouch', since it felt like a good idea. Anyway, turns out that doesn't work out because if you have a grenade you'll always throw it first, and making grenades long-press is a hard no. After working with it some more, I settled on double tapping L2 as 'toggle crouch' to start a slide. This has currently left my tap-B unmapped.

I'm also playing with the fact that you can map button chords, so I've mapped B+Y (or circle+triangle) tap as "switch to heavy" to be able to instantly pull out heavy on a gamepad like you can on a keyboard. Seems to work well. Still have an unmapped B-tap though.

I've thought about leaving tap-B unmapped since i rarely used crouching anyway and may just use it as a chord button for use with other buttons, which could get interesting or convoluted very fast. I rarely use B as it is because I use legacy sticks (left stick: turn left/right and move back and forth, right stick is strafing left/right and looking up and down), but even getting to B on regular sticks would mean not aiming while I'm hitting it, so.. yeah.

The fact that it's not just regular remapping but also the ability to also remap it via being a tap, double tap, or long press does open up options.

Anyone else come up with interesting remaps, or improved your accessibility with the feature?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread